• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

#savesplatfest

Which Splatfest team will you be on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
You may have heard this tittle in splatoon hubs thousands of times and if you haven't heard the splatfest team is Callie vs Marie. Why do you think this is the last splatfest? Which team will you choose? Do you think they did this to sponsor the Callie and Marie amibos that are coming soon? Leave your opinions about this splatfest in the comment section below, it does not have to awnser any of the questions I asked.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I guess it's the last one cuz the game's getting older and they are going to start putting time into new games. Same thing happened with SSB4 (no more updates).

I vote Callie cuz gray hair reminds me of old people.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I don't think that splatfest can be saved even if we complain.
That aside, try to enjoy the last one! I'm sure it will be a splatfest to remember.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Nintendo could surprise us. After all.... The last time Nintendo said we weren't receiving any more weapon updates, we did end up getting 17 new weapons from them. So who knows? Perhaps Nintendo will change their mind and bring Splatfests back. Or perhaps they're preparing for an even better thing. I don't think a hashtag is really going to change anything though. They rarely actually do anything. x) The best we can do is let Nintendo know how we'll miss them normally and see what the future holds. :)

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Reasons to end Splatfests:
  • They promote binge play, which is counter to Nintendo's philosophy as a child-friendly company (they encourage play sessions of no more than 1 hour).
  • The binge play also increases peak server load. Shouldn't be much with P2P networking, but it's not nothing.
  • They require Nintendo's direct involvement, including custom art and dialogue. Doesn't seem like a lot, but it does require employees and oversight.
  • The hardcore Splatoon community is locked out of Ranked play for the duration, but they have to grind anyway if they want Sea Snails. Rewarding players for not having fun is bad design.
  • Spyke is an important part of the game economy, and 30K is way too much for his services. Sea Snails are critical if you don't want to cheat. A vital economy element that can be accrued only one day every few weeks just isn't a good idea. I'm assuming either Spyke or Sea Snail acquisition will get a massive adjustment in 3.0.
  • Due to the above, missing Splatfest due to real life sucks. Again, this is especially bad for kids, and I imagine it's been a cause of strain between kids and their families.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I'll be sorry to see the end of Splatfests, but this^ very neatly sums up all the reasons why it's not necessarily a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom