• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

SCL 7: Finals Week Fight

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword

Squids and Squidettes:
We at SCL are proud to announce our seventh Splatoon Community League tournament-

SCL- Finals Week Fight (Bi-weekly #7)
Sunday December 13th Starting at 1:00 PM EST
current signups: 24

We're back to bring you one more installment in our biweekly tournament series: SCL- Finals Week Fight! Put your skills to the test once again in this Single elimination tournament on Sunday, December 13th at 1:00 PM EST!

And yes, we are aware it technically happens after finals week. Or at least after my Finals week. Squannakah just wasn't obvious enough of a squid pun.

How to Sign up
First, fill out this google form. Only put discord usernames for the second question: Link
Please do use proper team signup format for the above sheet. We're taking Discord user names to make it easier for players to find one another.
Next, just signup with Challonge Teams Here: Link
Now, just leave a post with your team name. This is mostly just to be able to doublecheck who's signed up or not in case something goes awry.

If for whatever reason you're unwilling or unable to do the above, leave a normal signup post below and let me know and I will handle your signup like we used to. Also include your Discord Username in that post. But doing it the above way better ensures I don't make mistakes.

And if for whatever reason the links do not work, let me know. I doubt that will be the case.

Rules for signups. We have dropped our ranking system, so this has been simplified
Team members may only be on one team per tournament. Teams found to be running the same player will be approached and questioned. If the problem persists, then disciplinary action will be taken, possibly resulting in disqualification and/or in bans from future competitions. This will usually not be resorted to unless teams are found to be non-compliant.

every team may only have up to 8 team members, and must have at least 4 team members, including the team captain. Squads with more than 8 players must split these players into different teams. EX: Splatoon community league has 16 people, so we would make two teams: SCL1 and SCL2, for example. These teams would be ranked separately.

Signup Format Reference: Please do use this when you make use of the form.
Team Name:
Team Leader-
Squidboards Username:
IGN:
NNID:
Member 2-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 3-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 4-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 5-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 6-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 7-
IGN:
NNID:
Member 8-
IGN:
NNID:
Main Time Zone-
Contact Information-

How the Tournament will be Run
On Sunday the 13th at 1 PM EST, teams are expected to be prepared to play. Discord representatives will need to be online in the Discord chat. where the TOs will be communicating with them. You can find a link to the Discord server at the bottom of this post.

Teams will be asked to play against each other as laid out in the Challonge bracket which will be provided slightly ahead of time. This tournament is not taking place over an extended period of time. As such, teams are expected to remain active until they are knocked out of the tournament. If a team is not responsive when their match is set to be played, they will be disqualified from the tournament.

if your opponent is unresponsive, then do not delay and let the TO's know about the situation. Do not leave the tournament for extended periods of time unless necessary or unless you have a long break, and please let us know if you have to leave.

Games are played as a best of 5 set, until the top 4, which will be played as best of 7 sets.

We will be using Halo-Style Map Rotations in this tournament. In short, maps and modes are predetermined ahead of time. For more information on Halo Map Rotations rules, check out this thread. The list of maps to be used in this tournament can be found below.

You may also sub up to 2 players from your roster in between games, every time. You may of course sub in less than that or no one at all.

We do have a Bronze Match for this tournament.

Gametypes For This Tournament:
Will be posted closer to tournament day

Disconnect Rules
>If a team has at least one person drop in the course of the match, then that team may stop playing immediately and call for a replay. The same setup and player list must be used for the replay, except in the case where a person cannot reconnect for whatever reason, then that person may be swapped out. Matches can only be replayed in this manner once by each team, so any D/Cs in matches after that one must be played out. If the match ends very quickly afterwards so that it is very clear it wouldn't have made a difference in the results, then this rule cannot be invoked. If a team continues to play after a D/C it will be presumed they did not intend to call for a replay.

Also, if a large amount of people randomly D/C from both teams, both teams must stop playing and a replay will be played. This replay does not count as either team's replay.

We don't expect too many D/Cs in the tournament, and will be watching for teams that alledgedly D/C an overly large amount. If possible also get what proof you can in case a dispute is had

Reporting Problems
Players will be expected to provide evidence of any bad sportsmanship, rule breaking, or otherwise, preferably through screenshots taken with a phone or from a livestream or something. Depending on the infraction, punishments will be given out as needed.

If you are caught lying or faking evidence, you will be disqualified, your team will be disbanded, and the team captain will be banned indefinitely from SCL and all our future tournaments, unless another player is proven to be the one behind it, in which case he/she will be banned instead. Everyone else on the team will receive a warning for a certain period of time. Methods will be used to check accounts we expect to be alts of banned players. Bans will extent to NNIDs and IGNs as well, and a banlist will be made as soon as the first person is banned. Infraction history will also be kept, and worse sentences may be given out in the future if the player has been found to be a repeat offender.

List of TOs for this tournament:

Main TO: @Fightersword
Sub TOs:
@Aweshucks
@Flying_Tortoise
@GameGalaxy64
@WydrA

Go to Me or Aweshucks first. We tend to be the most available.

Remember that this is a bi-weekly tournament series, so expect our next tournament to be about two weeks after this one, and keep an eye out for that sign-up thread.

The following teams are currently registered for this tournament:

Panda Global Warming
The Sayan Squids
Koopa Clan
Blackbelly Bouncers
Electrosplat
Cocos Graines
JFG
Squidkids
Calamari Crusaders
Killer Wails
Name Subject to Change
GLS Los Falcon Punch
Team Nintendome
Team NintendoMe
Grand Nation
Speed Runs Live
Squids Next Door
Infinity Splatoon
Death Rules
Exultance Gaming
Cyberbullies
Octarian Legion
Koopa Clan 2
Wabi Sabi

Last edited:

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
What if we signed up for a earlier tournament? Do we still have to put the form?
then you only need to put the team name and discord representatives on the form. I think it mentions that on the form itself but I"ll check in case it doesn't.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Oh okay! In that case, Panda Global Warming would like to join this tournament, But we need to make changes to the roster. Also, nice Muffet Photo:p:p
Cool, just do the stuff when you're all set. Also thanks! Muffet's my favorite character in Undertale, though I'm not big into the fandom like some are. I just find Muffet to be a cute character.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Erm what's a roster sorry I'm new to all this tournament stuff

Wait it doesn't matter I've signed up now

Last edited:

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Erm what's a roster sorry I'm new to all this tournament stuff

Wait it doesn't matter I've signed up now
Looks like you got it all right! and you must be The Sayan Squids. I'll mark you down on the OP. See you on game day.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Looks like you got it all right! and you must be The Sayan Squids. I'll mark you down on the OP. See you on game day.
Thank you my team mates weren't comfortable with giving you their NNID so I just gave you mine if that's alright :)

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
Cool, just do the stuff when you're all set. Also thanks! Muffet's my favorite character in Undertale, though I'm not big into the fandom like some are. I just find Muffet to be a cute character.
Um.. Fightersword you put my team down as if we are part of SND. We are a separate team named Panda Global "WARMING".

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Thank you my team mates weren't comfortable with giving you their NNID so I just gave you mine if that's alright :)
That's fine but if questions arise about your roster we're going to have to ask for them. They aren't so I can add you all or anything, they're mostly to make sure you don't run players you didn't sign up and don't run too many different players or sub in too many (more than two) between games. Those sorts of things. So long as you can cooperate with us if a problem comes up then it's all good.

To everyone else: I still expect NNIDs if you're a new team or making changes. If for whatever reason you can't give them then you are required to let me know and let me know why, and then I will judge if that's acceptable. This is a granted exception.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Um.. Fightersword you put my team down as if we are part of SND. We are a separate team named Panda Global "WARMING".
oh sorry. I know you're separate I just put that for some reason. Anyway I changed it.

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
oh sorry. I know you're separate I just put that for some reason. Anyway I changed it.
Sorry for all the questions:oops: But we only need 1 person to sign up for challonge or do we need the whole team to sign up? Also, ill post the new roster later
THANKS!!

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
That's fine but if questions arise about your roster we're going to have to ask for them. They aren't so I can add you all or anything, they're mostly to make sure you don't run players you didn't sign up and don't run too many different players or sub in too many (more than two) between games. Those sorts of things. So long as you can cooperate with us if a problem comes up then it's all good.

To everyone else: I still expect NNIDs if you're a new team or making changes. If for whatever reason you can't give them then you are required to let me know and let me know why, and then I will judge if that's acceptable. This is a granted exception.
Ok I understand the members I signed up are pretty confident the sub that I put in will probably not be needed but don't remove him ya know just incase

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Sorry for all the questions:oops: But we only need 1 person to sign up for challonge or do we need the whole team to sign up? Also, ill post the new roster later
THANKS!!
Don't worry about it! It does bump the topic after all
Here's an explanation about Challonge teams. Link
You can put more info on your teams' page if you want or not. I don't need to check it or anything so don't go thinking you need to. you can just register it and sign it up.
If that doesn't clear it up then just fiddle with it some. If you really are having a hard time I can still put you in manually.

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
'"We at SCL are proud to announce our sixth Splatoon Community League tournament-
SCL- Finals Week Fight (Bi-weekly #7)"
Am i missing something?

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
'"We at SCL are proud to announce our sixth Splatoon Community League tournament-
SCL- Finals Week Fight (Bi-weekly #7)"

Am i missing something?

Didn't you know I obviously started at #2? Why it's not like I made a typo when copy pasting over most of the stuff and editing it and am a huge dumbas
s.

Or maybe it is that and I am just a huge ******* :(

But real answer, I copy paste and then edit these threads so basically I just forgot to edit that. thanks for pointing it out!

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
Don't worry about it! It does bump the topic after all
Here's an explanation about Challonge teams. Link
You can put more info on your teams' page if you want or not. I don't need to check it or anything so don't go thinking you need to. you can just register it and sign it up.
If that doesn't clear it up then just fiddle with it some. If you really are having a hard time I can still put you in manually.
Thanks a lot fighter! This is our second tournament with you guys and i am pumped!
Also it did clear up a lot but i still find it easier just to post the roster here.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Thanks a lot fighter! This is our second tournament with you guys and i am pumped!
Also it did clear up a lot but i still find it easier just to post the roster here.
That's why we're trying out the forms and stuff, to see which people find easier/prefer. If people aren't into the form I'll scrap it for 8. challonge teams signup is for other reasons though so we'll probably stay with that. good news though is for any tourney after this that does challonge teams you just have to use that team and don't have to register it again or anything. just click the dropdown menu and put it in and stuff. Can't wait to see you on game day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom