1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

SCL 9: Holiday's End Hullabaloo Results and Feedback

Discussion in 'Tournament Results' started by Fightersword, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Fightersword

Fightersword Good TOs are Capitalists
    Super Moderator

NNID:
    Fightersword
    [​IMG]
    Another Weekend, another tournament. Unfortunately squid kids, this is the last tournament we could have together before I go back to college. Frankly that doesn't mean much to you guys though because I'm still going to continue hosting them, as usual.

So, Allow me to congratulate NSTC for winning SCL 9, their second SCL victory in a row. NSTC was the top ranked team in December and is one of the top ranked teams in the game's history. They showed off their supreme skills once again, demolishing the competition and taking the number one spot

Coming up second is the well known team JFG, who, while not as succesful as NSTC still packed quite a punch in their tournament games, only barely losing out by one game in the finals.

Coming up Bronze, a well known team who was unfortunately knocked out in the semis, this team regained some glory by taking the Bronze match and nabbing the coveted third place position. After 4 harsh games against another strong contender, All Stars Squids 1, Koopa Clan managed to nab the bronze trophy.

Full results in the spoiler
    Supreme Champion: Name Subject To Change

Worthy Adversary: JFG

Maybe Next Time: Koopa Clan 1

4th place: All Stars Squads 1

5th place tie:
    Paradise
    Exultance Gaming
    Retro Squids (Team Nintendome)
    Dank Determination: Honorable mentions to them. as a newly put together team they did incredibly well!

9th place tie:
    Cyberbullies
    CoolDown
    Los Falcon Punch
    Crème Fresh
    CQC Squids
    #FUTAGANG Splatoon
    Squids Next Door
    CoolDown 2

17th place tie: New Order
    Team Infinity Splatoon
    N2STC
    SpeedRunsLive (SRL)
    Part Time Warriors
    Alias
    Wabi Sabi (ως)
    in The ink
    Fresh of Squids
    the visionaries
    SquidKids
    Killer Wails
    Alliance Rainbow Fire
    Super Thirsty Dads
    SquidKids_Deco
    CQC Kids

33rd place tie: Fresh Squids 1
    Fresh Squids 2
    Panda Global Warming
    Squids Next Door 2
    Hokusai Squad
    INK BANDITS
    Free The Inklings
    Hydra Heights
    Nocturnal Squids
    S3

As always this is also a feedback thread. Let me know your thoughts about the tournament, what could be changed or improved, and what you really liked about it, so that we can make the first double digit SCL the best one yet.

Signups for SCL 10 will go up probably on monday. Maybe earlier tonight if the post tournament staff discussions go by faster than we'd expect. Note: it and future ones may be held one hour earlier than they have been. Other than that expect no major changes.

#1 Fightersword, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Kbot likes this.
  2. Dawn Wall

Dawn Wall so many dynamos || soɯɐuʎp ʎuɐɯ os

NNID:
    246_Tritone
    while i had a very fun time in today's tour, i do have a very minor qualm with today's mode assignments. in today's tour, rounds 2, 3, and 4 had 1 mode repeat itself within the first three games of each round. in r2, rainmaker was repeated in games 1 and 3; in r3, splat zones was repeated in games 1 and 3; in r4, tower control was repeated in games 2 and 3. my only suggestion would be to have all 3 ranked modes (splat zones, tower control, rainmaker) visited before revisiting one of them. other than this minor issue, everything went very smoothly. big ups to the scl team for running these bi-weekly tours :]

3. Fightersword

Super Moderator

NNID:
    Fightersword
    I tried to do it mostly randomly without letting anything ridiculous happen (like 4 SZ in one round or something). But next time I make maps I guess I'll just try and do that for most rounds.

Also I forgot to name 3rd place in the OP. derp. fixed. 3rd place was the outstanding Koopa Clan

4. Aweshucks

Aweshucks Kinda a loser
    Event Organizer

NNID:
    Aweshucks
    I took this week off and let @Fightersword deal with everything himself, including Maps and Seeding, which previously I have always done (blame him if you had any problems with it :p). I'd like to thank fightersword for taking all of the responsibility this time and allowing me to have the day off. He didn't even have the help of any of our sub-TOs. And by all accounts the tournament ran really well.

Anyway, after I got back from what I was doing, I was able to watch the tournament from a pure spectator's perspective, without having to worry about keeping things running smoothly, and it was a great experience. It was thrilling watching lower-seeded teams like Dank Determination kicking *** and taking names. And thank you to @Flying_Tortoise and @BestTeaMaker for running commentary streams, and @Chhipz for providing another voice for commentary. The production value seems to increase more and more every tournament.

Chhipz and Fightersword like this.
  5. Fightersword

Super Moderator

NNID:
    Fightersword
    >Coming back while it was still on
    >Not helping out

[​IMG]

DekuKitty likes this.