• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

SCL- Collector's Edition: Results and Feedback

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Congratulations to NSTC for winning the fifth SCL Biweekly!

Full Results:
1st Place:
NSTC

2nd Place:
The Squid Box

3rd Place:
Overlook
DEG Team

5th Place:
Koopa Clan
Get Kraken
Blooper Ink
Part Time Warriors

9th Place:
Choke Squad
Alias
On The Blink
Octarian Legion
Green Team 1
Los Falcon Punch
Panda Global SND
Wabi Sabi

17th Place:
C-
Cocos Graines
команда
IU Earth
Dynamite
Octarian Elite Squad
NSquared Squid Squad
Electrosplats
Squidgeons
The Visionaries
You can find the bracket here

We will post the thread for our next tournament in the coming days. Stay Tuned!

Please also leave your feedback for this tournament in this thread.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
We had some complaints about our DC rules this time around. We have already been talking about how we might change them, but we want to know your thoughts on the matter. What do you like about our DC rules? What do you dislike? How would you change them?

Edit: for reference, here are our current DC rules:
A team that experiences more than one player disconnect during a match OR any number of disconnects within the first 30 seconds of a match can, once per set, void that match. In any other circumstance, the round will play out as normal. We do this to try and prevent extreme swings due to disconnects, since in splatoon you can not reconnect mid match like in many other shooters, while also trying to avoid the system being abused.

Note that we do not expect very many disconnects during this tournament, if any, so we will not overlook teams that disconnect every match or otherwise constantly, even if they provide proof that the disconnect happened, as there are still ways to abuse the system for benefit. The one match limit is, similarly, in place for this reason, and to keep the tournament moving in the case of bad connections all around.

If a team experiences disconnects after they have already used their reset, then they must play out the game. If every player D/Cs in this fashion, then it will count as a loss

The exception is if an extreme amount of players disconnect randomly from both teams: the match will be reset like above, but it will not count against either team.

In the event that a game has to be replayed, everything must be played in the same manner as the first game. This includes gametype, weapons, and players. The player that DC'd must play again as long as there is a reasonable expectation that they are able to play.

Last edited:

Squidimitri

Inkster Jr.
NNID
pairofsawks
We had some complaints about our DC rules this time around. We have already been talking about how we might change them, but we want to know your thoughts on the matter. What do you like about our DC rules? What do you dislike? How would you change them?
I don't mind the dc rule but I do think if there's a dc, the team with the dc shouldn't be allowed to try and win it 3 v 4. Disconnecting team should have to stop playing right away rather than giving them two chances to win.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I don't mind the dc rule but I do think if there's a dc, the team with the dc shouldn't be allowed to try and win it 3 v 4. Disconnecting team should have to stop playing right away rather than giving them two chances to win.
I agree, that is also proper procedure. However, it is kind of hard to enforce that since we can't keep an eagle eye on games, which is why we haven't codified it into law before.

I have mentioned in the past that that is proper procedure, however.

Bobo

Full Squid
NNID
acciojackie
This is what my team did (Wabi Sabi) and we ended up following the DC rule and continued onto game 2 against TSB even with our disconnect. The DC rule isn't very clear with how it's worded - granted, we should have read more closely but we assumed a re-do the moment one of our players DC'd. It should read "if only ONE player disconnects, there is no re-do" or something along those lines to make it more clear. Also, not only was there a disconnect on my team, there was also some serious lag (i.e. http://www.twitch.tv/acciojackie/v/23573656), which you can see on my stream. I believe it was Cloudy who was teleporting on my screen - I don't know how that is fair for either team? Especially with the whole TWO people must disconnect in order to re-do. We ended up changing hosts and there weren't any problems with lag after that but we still had to give up one game even with the lag/disconnect.

I don't know how to make the DC rule more "fair" but these are my concerns after today.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
This is what my team did (Wabi Sabi) and we ended up following the DC rule and continued onto game 2 against TSB even with our disconnect. The DC rule isn't very clear with how it's worded - granted, we should have read more closely but we assumed a re-do the moment one of our players DC'd. It should read "if only ONE player disconnects, there is no re-do" or something along those lines to make it more clear. Also, not only was there a disconnect on my team, there was also some serious lag (i.e. http://www.twitch.tv/acciojackie/v/23573656), which you can see on my stream. I believe it was Cloudy who was teleporting on my screen - I don't know how that is fair for either team? Especially with the whole TWO people must disconnect in order to re-do. We ended up changing hosts and there weren't any problems with lag after that but we still had to give up one game even with the lag/disconnect.

I don't know how to make the DC rule more "fair" but these are my concerns after today.
we'll try and make the wording more clear in the future.

As for lag, we really can't do anything about that. It sucks but it's just something that kind of has to be dealt with.

DC~Zolairx

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zolairx
Cocos Graines versus Blooper Ink :

The first match I'm the host but at the end leader blooper ink speak with me about lot of lag so Blooper ink host for the 2nd match and after 3 minutes in the rainmaker match Cocos Graines lead with 50-100 and plouf DC host... I think you can speak more about this rules ^^

Magix

Inkster Jr.
We can only apologize about the disconnect in that second game. The player who usually hosts on our side(with a god tier connection) wasn't present for this tournament, and we hadn't discussed who should host on our side in his absence. I don't know how the conversation between you and our leader went, but within our own chat we weren't saying that our team should get to host, we only wanted to ensure that you didn't host, because of the amount of lag and teleporting in the first game; but we weren't expecting to host ourselves. For some reason, it was accepted too quickly and without discussion, when the player with probably the least reliable connection on our team volunteered to host.

I agree that it makes sense that there should be rules for extreme situations. We had one ourselves before, in which we had a lead of about 95-10 with less than thirty seconds left when the host got disconnected. We asked our opponents wether they wanted to forfeit that game or replay it, and as they wanted to replay it and had the rules on their side, we did so with no hard feelings. The problem is that there are two teams and eight players who have different experiences of what happens in these situations. In the match between BI and CG, Zolairx thought it should have been counted as a win for their team, because it was a big lead with not much time remaining. To us, that just sounded ridiculous, because not only was there more time remaining than what was suggested, not only is 50 points not a huge lead in Rainmaker and not only was that the only push of the game, but it all happened right before the crash, and we had been experiencing huge issues such as ink not being able to paint the turf well before they reached ~50 points, leaving us incapable of properly defending. In our view, they wouldn't even have had those points, had the crash not been imminent.

Zolairx might disagree with that and that's fine; in fact, it would only reinforce my point about that there will be very different opinions about wether a game should be replayed or not, which makes this a very difficult subject to make fair rules about. And the issue is even bigger when it comes to Rainmaker, due to the possibility to get points much faster in that game mode compared to SZ and TC. So even though it would be nice to not have to replay games that seem like obvious wins, I'd imagine that harsh rules when it comes to lobby crashes would do more harm than good in the long run. Games that should have been clear wins will likely end up as clear wins in replays anyway.

pooplooser

Full Squid
The Octarian Elite Squad :|
If I was in the game I would have splatted all you distant little squids! I wasn't actually there in the tournament to really judge anything so could somebody give me some insight of how we were from your point of view?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom