• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

SCL Ranking System Officially Shutting Down

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Hey folks,

Unfortunately I have to be the bearer of bad news tonight, though I suspect it's not entirely unexpected. The SCL staff have now come to a consensus in favor of shutting down the SCL ranking system. This was a tough decision for everyone involved, as we spent a lot of our time over a number of months in order to develop the system, and we are all very sad to see it come to this. Unfortunately, the system has not gotten much use, and when it did we did not support it as well as we should have. Additionally, we felt that the ranking system was holding back our tournaments so we decided to cut our losses and try to move on.

I would like to personally thank everyone involved in helping develop the ranking system, including but not limited to:
@Fightersword
@Flying_Tortoise
@WydrA
@StarForce
@GameGalaxy64
@Kat

From now on, we will be putting all of our manpower towards our tournament series and try to further increase its quality. As a reminder, our next tournament is on Dec. 13, and the thread can be found here.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
An issue is the lack of tools and how new the competitive scene is in Splatoon. It was a noble effort but I feel the community wasn't really ready for it. Enjoyed working on it nevertheless and it's nice to know the comp scene has some passionate people in it.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
It was indeed tough for us. Our system did its best but the quality and usage was not on par with what we had envisioned. It's still quite early but the team did well nonetheless. We worked hard and we want to focus that energy into something else namely, the Tournaments. We also want to thank everyone else who helped here and here and our followers who believed in us. Not as Ranking System but we will continued to support them and Splatoon in Tournament. What we build we turned into something else so not all is lost. We thank everyone involved directly and indirectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom