• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Scope or nah

[BR]Zee

Inkling
NNID
Zeetrain
Switch Friend Code
SW-1783-7278-1404
I have been getting into chargers lately and was curious what you guys thought. Use a scope or not? I know with a scope you have tunnel vision and with out you are more aware and can hold a charge in squid for a sec but what other advantages/disadvantages do you guys and gals notice?
Thanks in advance and Stay FRESH!

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
I have been getting into chargers lately and was curious what you guys thought. Use a scope or not? I know with a scope you have tunnel vision and with out you are more aware and can hold a charge in squid for a sec but what other advantages/disadvantages do you guys and gals notice?
Thanks in advance and Stay FRESH!
Scope provides slightly more range as well as zoom
Unscope has the hold charge

So it really comes down to if you want the extra range or the hold charge, and if you prefer zoom or not

Maave

Inkling Commander
It seems quite map-dependent in this game. If the map is larger, or has good elevated perches, go with the scoped for range. The smaller maps tend to have crummy sniper perches so I have to use the charge-holding mechanic more - specifically on Humpback Pump Track and Musselforge Fitness. Maybe Inkblot and the Reef as well, I haven't decided which type I like better there.

The reduced visibility is manageable if you don't hold your charge too long (which you should avoid in general for mobility and hiding your laser)

[BR]Zee

Inkling
NNID
Zeetrain
Switch Friend Code
SW-1783-7278-1404
Scope provides slightly more range as well as zoom
Unscope has the hold charge

So it really comes down to if you want the extra range or the hold charge, and if you prefer zoom or not
How much does it extend the range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom