• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Screw you, SABOTAGE!!!

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
I’ll get to the point. This may well not be what many of you are used to, but has anyone ever come up against a straight up sabotage-type squid on your team? I’m talking about squids who just stand on the spawn point, and move around just enough that they don’t get booted, but don’t move otherwise? This has happened to me 4 TIMES in the last week in ranked, and it’s starting to pi$$ me off. I won ¾ of the matches they did this in anyway (ha ha, “*censorship* you!!!”), but holy crap, if you wanna rank down, make an alt…

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

rage robotnik.png

I MIGHT have some strong feelings on this issue. I mean, I've developed a reputation as a squid party hater on these forums for a reason. To put it simply, the people you describe are not new, and have plagued my Splatoon experience from the moment I picked the game up last November.

And yes, people do it just to amuse themselves. We have a couple of those jerks around here.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
That does sound frustrating. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything you can do about it in Splatoon. :(

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Occasionally, yes.

Other than only being to block them after the match and hope to never see them again, there seems little else you can do.

Yet it gets to me when my teams are doing incredibly well at the beginning to middle of the match but that loser just standing/hiding at spawn just brings us down (emotionally or psychologically).

At times, usually when the opposing team's knockout is assured, I just disconnect to get to my next match faster. =^[

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
I've never encountered it in a ranked match before, mostly just in turf wars when I'm trying to warm up. It is hard to imagine why people bother since Splatoon doesn't even giver players the option to vocally rage about something in game, but I guess some people can enjoy themselves just on the feeling they're annoying someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom