• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Scrubby Squid Tournament

Kyoto

Senior Squid
Welcome everyone to the first one day tournament where
the lesser known teams will have their chance to shine
Saturday 16th January at 2pm EST

Signing Up
The first step is making sure your team isnt in the top 15 in BTM's Monthly Splatoon Rankings.
Then please fill out this simple google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uZxVhxd7V75lJQ8IhLOwhgg-YmvUQilzH4AyaPvnHBU/viewform?usp=send_form
Once that is done simply sign up your team at this challonge page: http://challonge.com/scrubby_squid_tournament
please note teams cannot exceede the 8 player CAP and if a player is found playing for two teams said player will be disqualified.

In order to ease doublechecking just drop a message either here or on discord saying you have registered your team.

Communication
This will be handled via discord, so it is reccomended team captains join this discord sever. This is where everything will be organized therefor it is mandatory.

The Tournament Itself
On Saturday 16th, at 2pm EST, after the roll call the teams will be asked to play against eachother in a Single Elimination format. If teams do not show up theya re disqualified and their opponents will recive a free win.
Rounds will be BO5, until semi-finals and final which will instead be BO7.
The tournament will follow a Halo-Style map rotation (for those who don't know, maps and modes will be chosen in advance by the TOs). The maplist can be found here.

As far as rules go, for the sake of simplicity we will follow SCL's, and this includes the Disconnection Rules.

The Prize for the winner will be a banner made by me.

Teams Signed Up: [16/16]

Wii Elite Clan
Dynamite
Ink Bandits
Untidaled Squid Force
Port Delta
Squidcepticons
Hyrule Clan
Turquoise Salt
Team QuetzalCoatl
C-
Ink Between Worlds
Splatted Army
Squishy Squids
Dream Team
Dream of Squids
Lock´n Splat

Waiting List:
The Highttide Era

Blooper Ink

Last edited:

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
So this is good and all, but you might wanna write down the SCL rules here even though you're using the exact same ones, since not everyone knows what you're talking about

Secondly, what makes this low rank? At least, I see nothing in the post that limits rank and such

Edit: OP is edited noww

Last edited:

Kyoto

Senior Squid
So this is good and all, but you might wanna write down the SCL rules here even though you're using the exact same ones, since not everyone knows what you're talking about

Secondly, what makes this low rank? At least, I see nothing in the post that limits rank and such
I got some help. i think it is better now.

Njok

Bouncer
Do you realize that those rankings are purely the rankings of November? Half top 15 is japanese because Inkstorm 2 was in November.

I get what you're trying to do and i think it's not a bad idea, but i don't think taking these rankings for it will get the result you're looking for.

Just my two cents :)

Kyoto

Senior Squid
Do you realize that those rankings are purely the rankings of November? Half top 15 is japanese because Inkstorm 2 was in November.

I get what you're trying to do and i think it's not a bad idea, but i don't think taking these rankings for it will get the result you're looking for.

Just my two cents :)
Yeah i reailize. i didn´t knew therse rankings are from november but i think the very good clans and not that good clans know for what this tournament is. But thanks for your feedback.

beckert26

Full Squid
NNID
beckert26
I don't really like the idea of excluding teams from tournaments tbh.

Last edited:

Jirand

Inkling
NNID
Jirand
I signed up our team on this and Challonge yesterday . Came back to check today and it only says that we are signed up on Challonge.

Puffin

Inkling
NNID
colton35
In my opinion it should be more that just top 15 if you are trying to make this a tournament for new/inexperienced teams. The top Japanese teams won't sign up anyways and the top 30 or so western teams are miles above the rest. Maybe consider excluding more than the top 15. That's just my opinion,

beckert26

Full Squid
NNID
beckert26
Can Tentacle Difficulties not play in this since we got ranked 15th for the overall list? Which is over the course of splatoon. It isn't technically one of the monthly rankings like you specified.

Kyoto

Senior Squid
Can Tentacle Difficulties not play in this since we got ranked 15th for the overall list? Which is over the course of splatoon. It isn't technically one of the monthly rankings like you specified.
You guys can play dw i´am not really that guy. just do a google docmument and then i will sign you up.

Kyoto

Senior Squid
In my opinion it should be more that just top 15 if you are trying to make this a tournament for new/inexperienced teams. The top Japanese teams won't sign up anyways and the top 30 or so western teams are miles above the rest. Maybe consider excluding more than the top 15. That's just my opinion,
this will be not the last tournament from me, so i will take this in the next tournaments,but i think you are alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom