• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seabagging general

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
Noticed there wasn't a place to discuss this horrid/awesome behavior. How do you feel about it? Do you care? Are you an avid seabagger? The world is dying to know. maybe not

Personally, I see it as a sign of disrespect. Whether they've been dominating the whole match or just bought a Wii U on Black Friday, I think everybody deserves a high level of respect. This is especially since lately Nin's matchmaker has been throwing my level 40 inkling with single digits; we're not all there yet and flaunting around is a great way to make people hate you!

Yes, this post is fueled by sodium chloride. Just had my last match on Blackbelly, had lost the last few rounds due to disconnections; I wasn't in a good mood. Not 30 seconds in and Senior Mini Splatling decided to follow me around the map, toying with my patience, batting me around like cat would a mouse. I gave up. He had enough. Splat. Squidbag for the whole kill cam. I had enough. Power off Wii U. Restrain myself from throwing gamepad at dog. End of story.

Lit-trally didn't do a thing to deserve that; I genuinely don't remember the Splatoon community ever being this toxic.

Toaster

Senior Squid
I don't really get all that salty when someone squidbags me I just shrug it off, but when someone does it multiple times in one match now that's when I get salty. I rarely squidbag, the only time I ever squidbag would be in squid parties.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I hate the practice of squidbagging/inkbagging/seabagging what ever you want to call it, as well. There is no reason for it what so ever except to be a jerk. Thankfully I rarely run into people doing it, but when I do, I start targeting them more than I should. Granted, they want to get a rise out of you, but if you happen to play well enough, you can punish them.

During an squid party, it's fine, as it's a universal sign of "lets party!" among inklings.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Ah, seabagging. It's a mindgame whether you realize it or not. It's practically a free Taunt ability.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
I would only do it to someone if they already did it to me. Basically, it's a great way to get someone to be salty and come after you, so doing it often might end up making the match less fun, as you may constantly have an angry squid at your heels.:confused:

Otherwise, only during squidparties (I've only been a part of one or two successful parties in random lobbies :p).

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
Prolly should have thrown out that seabaggin =/= squidparties, i don't really care for either, but both are rarer than hen's teeth, so it's not really a problem.

Yes I have taken my mental shower and washed the salt off.

Kayura05

Inkster Jr.
I usually just make it a habit to go after the person who does it to me and return the favor, it does make you notice someone you normally wouldn't. I have seen it done after finally splatting someone who has been dominating the match and in that case it was more of a "yeah I finally got them" sense. After this one squid kept doing this to me I stayed in like 6 straight matches with him trying to hunt him down. He was super aggressive and I had to go through his teammates to get to him, he was extremely skilled. I never felt so motivated to do something in the game before...We're friends now.

So context of the act matters.

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
I don't mind it. But if you do it to me I will find you and do it back. In turf wars I do a twirl amongst friends and that seems more decent than bagging.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I hate it.

I've also noticed that the team with the squid baggers on it tend to lose, at least in my experience. 9 times out of 10 this has been the case, perhaps because I get more focused and play better and splat jive suckas with furious anger.

I only do it as revenge if I manage to splat anybody who 'bagged me, or if a teammate and I accomplish something cool together and we do a little celebration.

I don't go in for squid parties, either. Big waste of time, though not a waste of MY time since I cover a lot of turf and make a lot of money.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I really don't like it, I think it's unnecessary and rude. I don't respond to it, I don't go after people who do it... I just look down on them xD
Unless it's a squid party. Then squidbagging is all the rage.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Peh- as being a person who would actually Squidbag if I get a good amount of kills or just after someone, it's like a way of me saying "Challenge me ;^)". Like if I Kquid ya and you don't do it back, I actually get a bit sad from it. :'^)
I find it pretty funny and it can add salt to the player to make 'em more... into the game I guess?
If I don't squidkid/kquid first and the person does it to me, I would love to fight them back and do the same thing to 'em.
It's like a fun cat and mouse.
It AT LEAST ADD ENTERTAINMENT, for me that is, THAN JUST BEING SPLATTED BORINGLY OVER AND OVER BY THE SAME PERSON AND THEY REFUSE TO GIVE A LIL DANCE BACK.
It doesn't even have to be squidkiddin', maybe just hopin' around as a squid or kid or just having the hand in the air or whatever. =v=

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
I rarely do it. Only if I escape the clutches of spawncampers and splat some, then I will do it. Or if someone does it for an immature reason.

I was in SZ, Museum with my Hydra. I get on the top part of the rotating bit near spawn, on the grate. I ink up all three sides and a bit of the wall, and proceed to go around with it, changing sides as needed, keeping pressure and ink on the zone. Not really out for kills. I guess I annoyed someone and he caught me with an inkstrike and squid bagged the whole cam. I didn't take the bait, but did kill him and returned the favor. Just because someone is more skilled and decent at dodging ranged attacks (mostly decent, anyway) doesn't warrant that. I don't even do that to snipers who get me any which way I enter the fray.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I don't mind it, but if i splatted someone several times in a row and then they squidbag when they finally get me i can imagine it's not a taunt but them being salty. It really depends on whenever you think of it as a playful taunt or a spiteful message.

I have a feeling sometimes ppl think i squidbag but in reallity they bumped into me having a squidparty and were about to kill my fellow squids, so i had to stop them.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
I do it a lot and rarely seen it done to me. Probably because the amount of tryhards in Turf Wars oversplat me to the point I splat them back one time and taunt them. Usually I lose but in mostly non-surprising ways (too much bad range users, DC, people don't advance and cover). So might as well taunt them before the game is over.

FlyingInk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MyTurbo6
I've also noticed that the team with the squid baggers on it tend to lose
This is my same experience. It's a complete waste of time and comes across as very immature (makes me think there's a 5 yo at the other end).

If I'm splatted once and squid bagged, I tend to ignore it. Do it to me twice and your ink hole is mine!

The only time I've been known to do it is at the end of a match that our team won. Typically a show of celebration of a good match.

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
I do occasionally quickly mash ZL in between attacks but I don't think that should count as a full bag since I'm not doing it over your digital avatar, and it's more often than not a way to distract opponents.

I think it's more like dash-dancing in Smash Bros, it's helpful to build tension and chain attacks

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
Nintendo needs to make left and right on the D-pad taunts. Squidbagging is fine but it gets boring after a while. I enjoy seeing some of the creative taunts people come up with like holding the about to throw my sub pose of skipping and spinning in the air

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
It's extremely rude no matter how you slice it. You waste precious time to taunt someone, and they very likely got mad from it, giving yourself a target on your forehead. Unless you like the stress of being hunted for the rest of the match, I wouldn't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom