• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seabagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabagger

Inkling
I'm sure by now some of you have encountered a kind of "taunt" to be implied by the other team. When you splat someone, you rapidly enter and exit squid form for a few seconds so the splattered person has to watch it on their screen. Doing so cuts into your precious inking time slightly, but I love it. The alternating crouch/stand motions reminds me of teabagging on other games. Seeing as we are squid kids, I have dubbed this behavior "Seabagging".

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Seabagging is also pretty rude and also a great way to get killed since you are making noise and calling attention to yourself.

Rex

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Xerhid
Just so you know, whenever I see someone "seabagging" I think...
(a) douchebag
(b) 12-year-old
(c) both a and b

Please don't do this. Let's keep this game friendly.

Tuna Mayo

Inkling
NNID
Anatoliae
The last time I saw it in-game was from a member from my own team: He got a splat, started seabagging and got splatted for it. He had plenty of time to run away but since he wasted so much time doing that, he was an easy target.

So I don't really like it and I get embarrassed when my teammates do it.

Njok

Bouncer
I do it all the time when playing against a friend. It's funny and so far i haven't lost any of those friends because of it. I'm not sure why anyone would get so upset about it, but maybe that's just me. Maybe if a random does it every single time he kills you i can see it getting annoying, but i probably would be more annoyed from getting killed by the same person more then once.

Also i thought we called this Squidbagging?

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Yeah 'squidbagging' is the well-established term. It's very dumb and makes you look like a douchebag (though obviously it's different if it's between friends).

Njok

Bouncer
Yeah 'squidbagging' is the well-established term. It's very dumb and makes you look like a douchebag (though obviously it's different if it's between friends).
For a second there i thought you were calling me a dumb douchebag :(

But yeah, i'm obviously not doing this to a random person (but i still don't see why you'd get too upset about it).

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I see it all the time, and it makes me laugh really hard, mostly because of how silly the character looks when doing it~
Especially if your jumping and spamming it at the same time; it makes the Inkling look even sillier.

But, Yeah, I only do it with friends.
Although interestingly enough, I have met someone who continued doing it to me as a "Hello" every time he/she splatted me. I confirmed this after I was added as a friend and was told this.. along with compliments on the games we had.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
For a second there i thought you were calling me a dumb douchebag :(
Hah! No - hence the caveat :)
I wouldn't say that it upset me (though I was pretty irritated the first time it happened) - I guess I just find it inappropriate given that this is a kids game, and more generally I dislike the attitude of wanting to disrespect people just because you've beaten them - very unsporting.

Macaque

Inkster Jr.
NNID
R-Gray-S
Last night I caught this seabag fail while I was trying out the new bucket weapon. He was in one of the most dangerous places in the whole map but still, he decides to seabag, and this is where he ended up:

If you must seabag, then at least look where you're going!

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
I never do it to everybody I meet, but I do it to tryhards or people who are otherwise scrubs when I'm salty. It's mostly salt or frustration at people who are mediocre but still manage to get kills they basically did no work to obtain. Getting killed by scrubby bullshit is always frustrating no matter what game you're playing.

I usually recognize if someone's a good player and I respect them but there are some people I just don't respect. Sometimes instantly, like people who use a Dynamo and somehow still die to me rushing them down with an inkbrush of all things. Playing too much For Glory against campy Links who do nothing but roll and spam projectiles made me more prone to being disrespectful to bad people I guess LOL.

I occasionally do it as a sign of saying hello like to a friend who joined my lobby or something too. Yeah it gives away our position and wastes time, who cares? Let me dance with my friend.

Last edited:

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Last night I caught this seabag fail while I was trying out the new bucket weapon. He was in one of the most dangerous places in the whole map but still, he decides to seabag, and this is where he ended up:

If you must seabag, then at least look where you're going!
That FPS is Top tier! Literally.
But this still made me laugh, since It has also happened with me, except at Bluefin Depot.

Shaan Ahmed

Inkling
NNID
shaan817
I fail to see how it's rude. I mean, personally, I don't do it, but if someone else did it to me, I'd think nothing of it.

I'm curious now. Did a Japanese guy splat your family or something? :V
Nah, I just hate playing with Japanese people in splat zones so I naturally just seabag them. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom