• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seekers can climb walls?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
So I was playing a match of Rainmaker, hiding on the wall to let teammates superjump to me, as they all got killed but me, when out of nowhere, a seeker climbs up the wall and splats me. I apologize if this was common knowledge, but this just came out of nowhere! Have you guys seen this happen?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It can definitely climb walls. That or it's a very common "glitch" on my end.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
No I'm pretty sure that's a glitch, I can recall throwing seekers into walls and having them explode

Inky Corruption

Full Squid
NNID
ShaneTC
Well, assuming you saw it physically climb the wall then there are only two explanations to my knowledge;
  • There was a slope on the wall for it to climb
  • Somebody pulled off a glitch
If you did not see it climb the wall then the blast probably got you, but I imagine you'd draw that conclusion yourself had that happened.

It would help if you could describe which stage you were playing when this occured and also which wall on the stage you were clinging to.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I was in Bluefin Depot on the wall leading up to the enemy's little area, and I physically saw it climb up the wall, as the trail was leading up the wall towards the explosion.

Inky Corruption

Full Squid
NNID
ShaneTC
If I recall correctly, there shouldn't be any slopes that would allow a seeker to climb the walls on Bluefin, so it's most likely a glitch. If we're not talking about the wall that appears on the far left side (or far right in Ranked) then the wooden boards on the front walls may have been interpreted as a slope due to their slight angle, so someone may have abused that to send a seeker upwards.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146

the wall to the right was the one I was on, just to clarify, the one covered in pink ink leading to the enemy's little area. I'm still not sure on the physics of the whole thing, someone else should look into this.

Inky Corruption

Full Squid
NNID
ShaneTC
That's the wall I was thinking of. I believe that if you were to look at it from the side the boards show an angled slope which the seeker could theoretically interpret as a valid climbing area. I'm fairly certain this is not intended to be the case but something that could be abused with precise placement, although that is merely an assumption on my part.

Doing a couple of tests in Recon would be a good idea to verify this, as I am not entirely sure about the specifics of this method.

Jet Uppercut

Senior Squid
I found quite a few times seekers that I saw on my screen going straight ahead, would suddenly start leaving ink trails that curved straight for me while just carrying on in the same direction. Maybe lag makes the seekers forget they to follow their ink trails. Or the laws of physics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom