• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Server problems?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I asked a mod about this days ago, never got an answer. Has squidboards been failing to load for anyone besides me in the last few days? It'll work fine most of the day, then have several hours with 505, 522, and 524 errors. Some basic searching revealed nothing, is there an issue here?

Attachments

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've had this happen twice in the past, the more recent one happening a few weeks ago. Not gonna lie, every time it happens I start worrying that the site's been shut down. And yet, when I finally log on, it's as though nothing happened.

I would think that it's a result of high traffic, but... no hate, but it seems like Squidboards is kinda dead around midnight PST. So I really have no clue.

Then again, I don't think the mods themselves would be able to do anything about it, unless they're also the site's tech workers (which I'm not sure is the case).

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ree
The answer is: the server gets too hot from connecting people from battle to battle every hour, also it may be a lot of people online, and the weather can have an effect on the connection too.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You're probably right, Flareth. Still, it'd be nice if I could get SOME kind of answer about this. I mean, I paid for premium status, I'm technically entitled to ask :P

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
And now, for me at least, pages continue loading forever because they keep getting data from fallingfalcon and lijit and other advertising networks. What the taco is going on?

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
I'm not getting the error things, but the site is sure as heck not wanting to work properly, that's for sure. It doesn't scroll very well, like once I click the scroll bar, it starts to freeze the site and it goes extremely slow..I guess you could say it studders..Idk how to explain it. Today, I've noticed when I go into any post, and not by checking the last reply, but clicking the thread title, which should take you to the top of the first page to the thread, it will load, then I'll start scrolling down (it will still do what i mentioned a second ago) and then out of nowhere it'll shoot down to the very bottom of the page for no reason.

EDIT:
Ok it happened again but this time it did something else..It seems the reason that it jolts me to the bottom is because of an ad. It just happened and there was an ad playing..However, I couldn't continue what the heck I was doing becasue the stupid ad kept freezing..Look guys, if you want ads on your site to help you keep it up, Can we please not have them be not only obstructive, but maybe actually work so that it can finish the ad so I can continue? Because there was no pause, skip or stop button on the ad, and I was not allowed to do ANYTHING on the page until it finished..Which it wouldn't do..So I was literally not allowed to use that page because the ad was broken.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom