• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Should Ink Armor Weapons Be Restricted in Tournaments?

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
In a few recent and upcoming tournaments, I've noticed that there was a restriction in place on the number of weapons with ink armor that could be used by a team. In all of these instances, the maximum allowed was two ink armor weapons. There was no rule about a specific weapon, only those who had ink armor.

How do you all feel about this? Does the strength of ink armor merit additional rules in tournaments that restrict its usage? And if so, how should it be restricted?

As for my own opinion, based on the data I collect from watching tournament players, I can't say that a ban like this is necessarily beneficial for the tournament. I don't believe that stacking ink armor significantly improves the chances of winning when facing a more diverse team composition. In fact, in the recent Booyah Battle tournament, one team, who routinely ran a team of three tri-sloshers, made it to top 8, but did not dominate the tournament.

Please let me know your own observations and thoughts on this matter. Even if an upcoming balance update may affect the way specials function, it's always good to examine our thought processes.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
This doesn't seem like a big issue to me, I've had to deal with ink armor so many times it's unreal BUT I can just hit em' again and boom! There dead! Problem solved!

Note:this works for rollers and anything that 1 shots. I personally found a liking to the carbon roller and it's quick flick can really change up the battle field.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Wouldn't Ink Armor have much less utility in a lag-free, tournament environment anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom