• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Should something be done about Matchmaking and Regional gameplay

HySquid

Full Squid
NNID
mob362
Matchmaking:

Every match I play always has a game stomping team.

A team that immediately overpowers the other team.

A team that wrecks everyone.

Regional Gameplay:

Having to fight players around the world sucks, mainly because of lag.

I'm tired of having to deal with this.

I shoot a player 5 times with a strong weapon and nothing happens.

I shoot a player 3 times with a :wst_shot_gravity00: and he survives, activating his :kraken:

He had NO defense-ups.

Oh, and Japanese players?

I hate fighting them too.

Mainly because of lag and it's like they play 24/7.

http://kotaku.com/why-japanese-splatoon-players-are-feared-1728427132

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/09/...of-playing-splatoon-with-inklings-from-japan/

Robins

Inkling
NNID
Latiken
Lag is by far the biggest problem for me with Splatoon. I love everything else, but lag is present in almost every single one of my games. I've pretty much learned to play with it.

Unfortunately this far into the games life, I doubt anything will be done about it. Regional matchmaking would be ideal for latency but probably wouldn't help much, considering America's internet sucks in comparison to other countries'.

Still, a multiplayer game should never be locked to worldwide matchmaking. Even Mario Kart 8 has regional options.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I find it a little amusing that the Kotaku article linked conveys precisely the opposite message to what you're trying to say...

Couple of problems with regional matchmaking. First is that, based on regional Splatfests, Americans (and Europeans, and other Westerners) have awful internet. In my experience, I get laggier matches when I can read the names in the lobby than otherwise. Secondly, given that Splatoon is slowing down in its playerbase, splitting it by region, even giving the option, could cause huge waiting times in lobbies. It also completely ignores certain situations such as OC (Australia and the like), which is way too small to get its own regional matchmaking but which is just as far from the rest of the PAL region as Japan.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Nothing will probably be done about this now since Nintendo is more focused on developing the NX. Probably will be done in a sequel to this game if there ever comes one.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
i don't want regional matchmaking. a lot of reasons, but a good one is.. i live in Europe, and almost all the times i play, 99.9% of players are from Japan. our playtimes just match up. European players arent dedicated enough. i do see eng-name players but usually during American peaktimes which isn't ideal for me. so if there was regional matchmaking... i'd probably have very few people to actually play with.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
As many people have said here- Maybe it can be an option...?
That seems more fair.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
As many people have said here- Maybe it can be an option...?
That seems more fair.
potentially, but i don't agree. if it happened in Europe, considering my post above, players would be spread even thinner...

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
potentially, but i don't agree. if it happened in Europe, considering my post above, players would be spread even thinner...
That makes sense.
I can see why they don't do that then.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Global matchmaking will always be a thing because Nintendo is a Japanese company and maintaining regional matchmaking costs money, the bane of every corporation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom