• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Sizzle Season 2023 - Hopes & Predictions

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
So the next season is most likely going to get announced in a few days and thought it would be nice to share some of what I think we could see for the new update.

We'll for sure get a brand-new map and a returning one too. For what the returning map could be, well I got a few ideas. I'm certain it will be a Splatoon 1 stage and not one from 2 as Manta Maria was just recently added. It also won't be a Splatoon 1 stage that also appears in 2. So that leaves us with 3 options - Urchin Underpass, Saltspray Rig, and Bluefin Depot.

Urchin Underpass - A fan favorite and iconic stage that has arguably the easiest transition to a new game with its already great layout and easy implementation of clam blitz. Which is why I'm going to predict that we're getting this stage this season. I see the stage as the flagship stage of Splatoon 1 and with Inkopolis Plaza introduced to 3 and Sizzle season releasing around Splatoon's anniversary it seems like a guarantee for it to return.

Saltspray Rig - An iconic stage in its own right, but also rather infamous. It is the only stage with the dubious distinction of have not only Tower Control banned from appearing on it but also Rainmaker as well. For those who don't know; several map and mode combinations were unable to appear in ranked rotations in Splatoon 1 e.g. Blackbelly RM, Port Mackerel TC ect. Not only that but even in Turf and Zones that map wasn't well liked for how cramped it was and how it felt impossible to break defenses even with Splatoon 1 specials. However none of this matters as they could very well just overhaul the layout of the stage akin to Hammerhead or to a lesser extant Mahi Mahi. Even if the stage does have reflective symmetry I don't think that matters much as Skipper Pavilion has the same gimmick and that stage turned out fine. So while it is possible for it to come back I don't think it will this season.

Bluefin Depot - And lastly the forgotten map of Splatoon 1. Well at least compared to the previously mentioned ones. It has a strange gimmick in that it has a separated mid and that only applies to Turf as ranked modes have something to address that quirk. It's also a pretty cramped map as well, but like with Rig a facelift is possible to make it better. And I'm guessing that will/would happen as I think Clam Blitz might be hard to port over given its current layout. However I see it returning at a later point.

For weapons I'll guess a few that could return, but not all twelve of them, and their potential kits.

Enperry Splat Dualies: Curling Bomb & Kraken Royale - Like its previous kit before it's quite an aggressive set. I'll admit it is more of a flavor thing to give it Kraken as Enperry has a bit of a thing for royalty I guess you could say. Who knows though as it could just get Burst Inkjet instead.

Sorella Brella: Autobomb & Wave Breaker - Similar to how its vanilla kit is a hybrid between its Splatoon 2 kits. This one is the same. The reason for Wave Breaker instead of Ink Storm has mostly to do with the fact that many wave breaker weapons in 3 had inkstorm in 2. In fact the only weapon this doesn't apply to is Heavy Splatling as of writing.

Gold Dynamo Roller: Splat Bomb & Booyah Bomb - Basically a direct rip from Splatoon 1's Gold Dynamo roller. I think this one speaks for itself.

Custom Blaster: Toxic Mist & Reefslider - Yeah you guessed it, Splatoon 2's vanilla Blaster. No I don't want it to have this kit, but honestly I can't see it getting anything else so ehh.

For Salmon Run a new stage feels likely as we haven't gotten one since launch. So I think we're about due. Maybe this is how they'll bring Saltspray Rig back? Probobly not. A Big Run will also follow the new season as well. I wonder which stage could be chosen though. I would guess Hagglefish Market as my choice.

For a new catalog I hope they do one with Emberz gear. I really like their look and would love to get my hands of more of it. Although a wider array of clothes from all brands like previous catalogs would be fine too.

So I'm curious as to what you guys want to see or other predictions you might have.

Last edited:

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I would like to see Urchin Underpass return. Holy hell please don't bring back Saltspray or Bluefin, though, those maps can stay trapped in 1 forever. I DO like the idea of Saltspray returning as a SR stage, though, I've been on that train since someone proposed that idea for 2.

Not going to hazard a guess at any of the new weapon specifics myself, but it's high time for, bare minimum, another Brella kit, if not a new Brella outright. A new Splatana/Stringer to go with it would be great, too.

Enperry Splat Dualies: Curling Bomb & Kraken Royale - Like its previous kit before it's quite an aggressive set. I'll admit it is more of a flavor thing to give it Kraken as Enperry has a bit of a thing for royalty I guess you could say. Who knows though as it could just get Burst Inkjet instead.

Gold Dynamo Roller: Splat Bomb & Booyah Bomb - Basically a direct rip from Splatoon 1's Gold Dynamo roller. I think this one speaks for itself.
Fingers crossed for these two kits specifically, I'd love these.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Holy hell please don't bring back Saltspray or Bluefin, though, those maps can stay trapped in 1 forever.
It's not like I want those maps either, but rather I could see both coming back if they were reworked. Even being changed so drastically that they're Saltspray and Bluefin in name only, sorta like Hammerhead for instance. Although in that case, yeah maybe just keep'em in Splat1.

Cephalobro

In terms of new weapons, we are way overdue for a new Splatana variant, as neither Splatana received an alt kit yet, same goes for the Splat Bow.

Also, I can definitely see more gear only obtainable from Scales in Salmon Run, maybe adding the Octoleet gear set in this season, given we just got Inkopolis Plaza back, this would be enough to complete the Splatoon 1 saga of updates (with the exception of the Octo Shot Replica, but that's definitely going to be a reward from completing Side Order).

One other thing they could introduce is swappable weapon skins, with a huge emphasis on the Splatoon 1 version of weapon skins to start off with.

Jetstream

Inkling
NNID
Sullydash
Switch Friend Code
SW-1035-3973-6223
In terms of new weapons, we are way overdue for a new Splatana variant, as neither Splatana received an alt kit yet, same goes for the Splat Bow.

Also, I can definitely see more gear only obtainable from Scales in Salmon Run, maybe adding the Octoleet gear set in this season, given we just got Inkopolis Plaza back, this would be enough to complete the Splatoon 1 saga of updates (with the exception of the Octo Shot Replica, but that's definitely going to be a reward from completing Side Order).

One other thing they could introduce is swappable weapon skins, with a huge emphasis on the Splatoon 1 version of weapon skins to start off with.
Facts

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Well first off i hope for my Octobrush Nouveau to return..that was like my favorite kit and i still miss it....

for maps the following are my top wants

Musselfiorge fitness - i always had fun on this map and yeah good memories gameplay wise!
The Reef - 1 of my all time favorite stages i miss it sooooo much!
Piranha Pit - this stage had a certain charm to it idk why but i liked it!
Goby Arena - looooove this map!

also this is just me hoping while i know it will never happen but for Mahi Mahi to disappear forever to never ever come back! can't stand this map at all and i will honestly skip a rotation to avoid playing on it >.<

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318

The first trailer for the season is here!
Barnacle & Dime is our new map, and Humpback Pump Track is the returning one.
Two brand new weapons - Painbrush and S-BLAST '92!
A new Salmon Run map - Jammin' Salmon Junction!
And an all-new Challenge mode with special conditions - I'm really interested in that one!

We're also getting at least 9 new kits, those being:
- Tenta Sorella Brella
- Custom Dualie Squelchers
- Light Tetra Dualies
- Heavy Splatling Deco
- H-3 Nozzlenose D
- Rapid Blaster Pro Deco
- Splatana Wiper Deco
- Annaki Splattershot Nova
- Big Swig Roller Express

No details on subs or specials yet, though. What're your thoughts?

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
I couldn't even guess a single weapon right! Gah! whatever...

Well then about that new season. The new weapons are cool as it's nice to see a new blaster and brush. The latter of which has been without a new variant for almost eight years. I'm excited to try the Painbrush as having a brush with more reach would be nice as the others are slightly too short for my taste. S-BLAST is certainly interesting as we've never seen a blaster have a jump gimmick before. Having a way to shorten your range as a blaster is nice due to their dead-zones. Might just try it because it looks cool honestly.

The new stage is kinda generic looking in terms of layout. Would've liked to see an escalator gimmick a la piranha pit as it would fit the shopping center theme well. Humpback is nice to see back. Not my first choice of stage but definitely worse choices. The SR stage is also kinda "eh" but we didn't see much of it so I'll reserve my judgement.

The challenge mode though is something I think Splatoon has needed for a long time. Something less competitive and more casual but still using the core gameplay is fantastic. The "Extreme Jump Battle" looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully this is something you can queue into solo, but if not I guess we can use pools instead.

*Buster*

Inkster Jr.

The first trailer for the season is here!
Barnacle & Dime is our new map, and Humpback Pump Track is the returning one.
Two brand new weapons - Painbrush and S-BLAST '92!
A new Salmon Run map - Jammin' Salmon Junction!
And an all-new Challenge mode with special conditions - I'm really interested in that one!

We're also getting at least 9 new kits, those being:
- Tenta Sorella Brella
- Custom Dualie Squelchers
- Light Tetra Dualies
- Heavy Splatling Deco
- H-3 Nozzlenose D
- Rapid Blaster Pro Deco
- Splatana Wiper Deco
- Annaki Splattershot Nova
- Big Swig Roller Express

No details on subs or specials yet, though. What're your thoughts?
If they give S’Blast a good kit and Wiper Deco an amazing special Blaster and Wiper players are eating good.

*Buster*

Inkster Jr.
If they give S’Blast a good kit and Wiper Deco an amazing special Blaster and Wiper players are eating good.
Never mind. They showed off S’Blast; its kit sucks unless they make Reefslider better.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
ngl here i dig the new Painbrush weapon! i honestly can't wait to try it! 😁
but from what i noticed is that it seems slower then the other two brushes so gotta see how it will play out in a match.
and of course i'm curious what sub asnd special they will give it,

Vin_MD

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4709-4096-5597
I'm excited to see a new brush, and as a tetra main I am very happy.
However, still no gold dynamo is unacceptable. Also, it BETTER have more than 9 new kits, or else it's gonna be a MAJOR problem.

Blåhydra

Inkster Jr.
Today has been good! Really hoping we see some better kits rolling in, but it's looking good! Heavy Deco with Kraken is confirmed (splatoon 1 kit incoming?), Annaki Nova is getting jet, Big swig is looking like a ink storm and my personal crackpot theory: CDS is getting beacon of how the trailer framed them sitting in a corner that just so happens to also have a beacon.

With what else I saw floating around, man I hope S blasts kit will be the only big misser of this season. Or that we see some random new kits in the upcoming videos that they seem to like doing this time around.

Vin_MD

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4709-4096-5597
Light tetras are getting sprinkler, I am no longer happy.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Well challenges being a limited event thing available during certain 2-hour rotations is hot garbage. I get not having it available all the time, but this just feels like the whole SR situation again. At least Anarchy Open getting outfitted with Splat2 league feature is nice even if that should've been there earlier.

I'm not thrilled with this season so far but if Custom Dualie Squelchers is confirmed to get Beakon I'd be a lot more excited.

Blåhydra

Inkster Jr.
I have seen it floating around that the two hour slots would be tournament qualifiers as they mentioned in a tweet, just that it was brought in a horribly backwards way.

Otherwise, yeah having to plan for it would kinda suck. The whole season so far is pretty underwhelming so I hope we get some good kit news withthe confirmations we want and maybe some unannounced kits/a mid season kit drop.

And if they don't, oh well, time to collect more SR stage badges or try to unlock X battles I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom