• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Slosher: Analysis and Thoughts

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Slosher

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
-WIP-

Cost:

Shop Description:
-WIP-

Type:
Slosher

Stats:
-WIP-

Sub:
wsb_bomb_handy.png
Burst Bomb

Special:
wsp_tornado.png
Inkstrike

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Extras:
Filename:
-WIP-

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Slosher.

Last edited:

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Ended up as the only Shooter on teams consisting of Sloshers in both turf war and tower control, winded up winning despite class imbalance.

Burst Bomb was an awful thing to pair the thing with, it's faster to spam fire than throw a couple burst bombs, and even the splash is a two hit KO like burst bombs, if you manage to hit with the tip of your spray.

florence

Full Squid
this is such a fun weapon to use, and plus is really useful. though imo it might be a bit OP, like, i'd prefer if it took like 3 hits to splat.

and yeah, having its sub be blast bombs was a really weird idea? like, anything else would've been better

TenZa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TenZaBlade
Wasn't a fan of Burst Bomb sub either until I got more practice with the weapon and realized that it's actually good because it's the (best/only) answer to someone getting in your face. To elaborate: when I first started using the Slosher I was completely neglecting my sub because of how fast and powerful the main is, but I was noticing that I got killed most often by people super close to me, and the narrowness of the up-close hitbox of the Slosher wasn't doing anything for me. In one fight I threw a Burst Bomb out of panic at a very low/straight down angle when someone accidentally ran into me while turning a corner and I insta-killed him. Started experimenting more and realized that's the best use for it; especially with the change to Burst Bombs

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
Ended up as the only Shooter on teams consisting of Sloshers in both turf war and tower control, winded up winning despite class imbalance.

Burst Bomb was an awful thing to pair the thing with, it's faster to spam fire than throw a couple burst bombs, and even the splash is a two hit KO like burst bombs, if you manage to hit with the tip of your spray.
I tested the damage and I actually found that hitting someone once and then throwing a burst bomb to kill or vice-versa kills faster than just shooting it twice. The burst bombs on impact usually deal about 50 damage and the bucket deals about 70. Using them purely to kill is inefficient but they still work good as finishers. That's what you should be using them as ideally for offense anyways.

The other area you use them is to climb up walls but Sloshers are possibly the best weapon in the game for inking walls so it's pretty much pointless and inefficient for your ink tank. Burst Bombs are slightly faster for going up short walls though, so I occasionally use them.

Overall they're not as useful as they are on other sets but they have their uses on this class.

Floati

Inkster Jr.
I do think the slosher is op personally- don't think it really has a true weakness (other than out ranging <which is pretty good> or out playing them)... Burst bombs do give players the only real advantage a blaster has with the hitting around solid walls (super high ones like at the edge of stages)... Maybe they wanted a somewhat redundant sub to make up for how good the main is...

Last edited:

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
New main, this weapon is SO fun to use. I love the animations and the sound effect.

Question: can it one-shot if you hit them with the "explosion" at the end? I feel like I've been getting one-shot by a few bucket users, but I might be wrong

RE: Burst Bombs: One of this thing's weaknesses is that it can get outranged / tie in range with other weapons. Use burst bombs to hit things that are far away. I thought burst bombs were useless too, back in the global testfire days when I picked up the splattershot for the first time. Since then, a few of my mains have had them and I've learned to love them. They can be really useful, so give them a chance.

I think both the sub and the special were the best choices for this actually; burst bombs make up for its range, and the inkzooka compensates for its (imo) not great turf coverage.

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
This one is probably the most fun and seems to have the highest goofy factor. At least, I laugh every time someone splats me with it. It's about like someone saying "screw it, I'll just throw my entire tank ink at them!" That's how I feel using this weapon, like someone didn't like any of the weapon designs and just said "hey, that bucket over there looks like it needs a new purpose". If it's good enough to wash a restroom floor, it's good enough to throw ink at someone. Jokes aside, it kind of reminds me of a fast and focused dyno-roller paint throw. I've noticed that up close, it is hard to hit other players and I've used that to my advantage when fighting against it.

InklingCaitlin

Full Squid
NNID
Caitlin
Switch Friend Code
SW-0816-6246-4407
I love this weapon... It's very fun and very silly. It's great to see Nintendo having fun making up these cool weapons.

___shan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
illegalcopy
Frustratingly, people using it still feel the need to jump up and down constantly. And... so many Inkstrikes.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
A really good weapon since damage up and bomb range up can help the burst bombs a bit
but why inkstrike...

Lag Chan

Inkster Jr.
A very annoying weapon indeed. Huge hitbox, only takes two hits to kill, great range and has a fast fire rate. Fighting against this is simply not fun, there's no point in even having burst bombs with how dominant it is. The inkstikes only up the annoyance, expect to see them firing constantly with how easy it is to use. It's a good weapon by all means, but it's going to get a lot of hate.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Question: can it one-shot if you hit them with the "explosion" at the end? I feel like I've been getting one-shot by a few bucket users, but I might be wrong
This was one of the first things I tested, and I found the weapon always does 70 damage no matter the distance. The lack of damage falloff is a very powerful feature.

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
This weapon is unlocked at lvl 6.

You could possibly optimize damage output by throwing a burst bomb and then firing immediately afterward.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I love this weapon.

You can also instantly cover a section of wall for climbing with this, just aim towards the top of the wall. I used it a ton on Blackbelly skatepark to quickly climb up the middle and the perches around the bases, and also to climb up the side on Urchin Underpass.

I personally find burst bombs to be a good sub for this. The slosher is good at its specific range, but opponents that outrange you or get too close to you are a problem; the burst bombs somewhat help you out, as you can throw them far to harass enemies (or finish an enemy inkling who just got outside your bucket's range) you can't normally hit, and you can also use them as a "melee" weapon when an enemy inkling is really close.

I honestly wish it had something else besides the inkstrike, but I guess it's a good time to practice setting them off in good places anyway.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Hi, I've tried the Bucket Slosher Bucket out, and I like it (not as much as the Heavy Splatling, but it's hard to top the gatling gun), but I have a couple of questions about it, if nobody minds:
1) Does Run Speed Up synergize well with the Bucket? I feel like it would, since it doesn't have anything that takes particularly long to fire, but I dunno.
2) Would Ink Sver Main be a good thing to have? I feel like it might, I found myself running out while covering turf fairly often, but that could just be me.
3) Should I use Damage Up? I feel like it's a worthwhile investment, since the Slosher's shortish range means I don't want to take more than two hits to splat (otherwise I might lose) and Burst Bombs benefit from Damage Ups, but maybe it's not necessary, or there are just better things to put on it.
4) Should I jump while splashing ink? I feel like I'm playing a weaker Blaster when I use the Bucket, and I know jumping is good with those, but is it something I should do here?
4.5) On a final note, does anyone else feel like this is a Blaster derivative, like the Splatling is a Charger derivative and the Inkbrush is a Roller derivative? Because I feel like there are enough similarities that it could be.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Its an interesting weapon.
Hi, I've tried the Bucket Slosher Bucket out, and I like it (not as much as the Heavy Splatling, but it's hard to top the gatling gun), but I have a couple of questions about it, if nobody minds:
1) Does Run Speed Up synergize well with the Bucket? I feel like it would, since it doesn't have anything that takes particularly long to fire, but I dunno.
2) Would Ink Sver Main be a good thing to have? I feel like it might, I found myself running out while covering turf fairly often, but that could just be me.
3) Should I use Damage Up? I feel like it's a worthwhile investment, since the Slosher's shortish range means I don't want to take more than two hits to splat (otherwise I might lose) and Burst Bombs benefit from Damage Ups, but maybe it's not necessary, or there are just better things to put on it.
4) Should I jump while splashing ink? I feel like I'm playing a weaker Blaster when I use the Bucket, and I know jumping is good with those, but is it something I should do here?
4.5) On a final note, does anyone else feel like this is a Blaster derivative, like the Splatling is a Charger derivative and the Inkbrush is a Roller derivative? Because I feel like there are enough similarities that it could be.
To answer your run speed question again :p, the answer is unfortunately NO. While it does attack fast it seems that the end frames take up most of action time or there is something that keeps Run Speed from being acknowledged for a short time after the attack.

Edit:
Ink saver main does help imo

Damage Up doesn't seem to effect it. It seems like it will 2hit kill no matter what. Even if the opponent has Max defense up. I have not tested this however.

I'm, it is not similar to Blasters since blasters can 1hit kill, are anti gravity, and can be effected by damage up and defense up. They are seem slower than the bucket.

The Nozzlenose is the closest thing to the bucket. It's a trigger weapon, takes 2shots to kill no matter what, travel linear, and is fast.

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Its an interesting weapon.

To answer your run speed question again :p, the answer is unfortunately NO. While it does attack fast it seems that the end frames take up most of action time or there is something that keeps Run Speed from being acknowledged for a short time after the attack.
Damn. I was hoping it would be different here, since the Bucket looks like it should benefit, but oh well. Back to Swim Speed Ups for me.
Thanks again, man.

Cool tip: Slosher can OHKO.
What? How?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom