• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sloshing Machine: Analysis and Thoughts

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
This here is the last original on-disc weapon to be released: the Sloshing Machine! This is a heavy-hitting Slosher with a high resemblance to a washing machine (hence the punny name) and sends out a vortex of ink when hurled. It still needs 2 hits to kill, but with the adversary having been damaged enough and/or enough Damage Up stacked on the weapon, it can kill in one hit with relative ease. The downsides to this are its lower fire rate and higher ink consuption. Definitely one for the power players with a bit more tactic than some other heavy-hitting weapons.

Shop Description: The Sloshing Machine is an innovative new model that puts a "spin" on the classic Slosher model. It is sure to make your whites whiter than white and your turf inkier than inked! This weapon's attractions are the power of the main shot and the bonus ink thrown out by the vortex. The Splat Bombs and Bomb Rush combine to send the battlefield into a whirlpool of confusion!

Shop Cost: 13,500

Sub Weapon: Splat Bombs

Special Weapon: Splat Bomb Rush

So, with all of those things having been said, please leave your thoughts on the Sloshing Machine.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
The hit box on this thing is SO deceiving. You can't arc the Sloshing Machine like you can any other Slosher, and if you do, it's at a very slight angle. I enjoy using it, I just don't like its hitbox, the straight line it fires is there pretty much just for show if you are aiming too high up, and that is something I am definitely going to need to get used to. Splat Bomb + Bomb Rush is an awesome combo, I just think Burst Bombs would have been better for it. But, we can't have everything we want now can we? :/

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
The hit box on this thing is SO deceiving. You can't arc the Sloshing Machine like you can any other Slosher, and if you do, it's at a very slight angle. I enjoy using it, I just don't like its hitbox, the straight line it fires is there pretty much just for show if you are aiming too high up, and that is something I am definitely going to need to get used to. Splat Bomb + Bomb Rush is an awesome combo, I just think Burst Bombs would have been better for it. But, we can't have everything we want now can we? :/
Well, no, we can't exactly have Burst Bombs on two Sloshers.

Kaze

Pro Squid
I'm really loving the Sloshing Machine so far, it can splat in 2 direct hits pretty quickly or in 1 direct hit and 1 vortex hit or in 3 vortex hits, the vortex can also hit multiple enemies close to it.

I also discovered something interesting when testing it with a friend, if you can arc it perfectly and make it fall straight down, it can splat enemies on a wall below you which pretty much prevents the enemy to ledge peek and splat you.

the Sloshing Machine is pretty much a Blaster with the physics of a Slosher :)

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
I feel like it'd be good if you had better range, then you're purpose would be to rain down unholy miny inkstrikes on the objective from a safe distance, but where it is now, its bad. imo

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I found that despite the relative lack of spread, the range and blast quality of the Sloshing Machine combined with Splat Bombs and Bomb Rush make this weapon quite fearsome in the hands of someone who knows how to zone people away from areas of interest and set them up for a splatting. Bomb Range Up also helps getting those bombs through. So far I think this Slosher is well worth my time.

Also, I saw SRL go on a 16-game win streak where everyone only had that weapon. They even defeated another team full of S+ guys!

Kaze

Pro Squid
I feel like it'd be good if you had better range, then you're purpose would be to rain down unholy miny inkstrikes on the objective from a safe distance, but where it is now, its bad. imo
you're probably right, but with too much range it would pretty much be broken since with just x3 dmg up mains you can make 1 direct shot do above 90.0 dmg which is pretty much a 1 hit splat if the enemy team walk on your team's ink for just 0.5 second or if they got hurt by any form of splash dmg ;)

Last edited:

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
What a bizarre weapon. l thought that it'd be the heavy version of the Slosher class, low fire rate, ink hungry but very powerful and long range. Instead it's essentially a regular Slosher with a different set and weaker turf coverage.

l don't get what niche this weapon is supposed to fill. lt's fun to use obviously but it just feels like every other Slosher is superior.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
What a bizarre weapon. l thought that it'd be the heavy version of the Slosher class, low fire rate, ink hungry but very powerful and long range. Instead it's essentially a regular Slosher with a different set and weaker turf coverage.

l don't get what niche this weapon is supposed to fill. lt's fun to use obviously but it just feels like every other Slosher is superior.
Yea, I have a hard time wanting to choose the Sloshing Machine over the Vanilla Slosher. Burst Cancelling is too damn good. The Sloshing Machine is nice for spacing I'll admit, but there's so many better weapons that do it better.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Looking at it the weapon alone, I can't really think of a real reason to choose it over the normal Slosher. The range is about the same but the Sloshing Machine has to make 2 direct hits to splat while off hits need 3.
The sub and special are quite nice but the main I can't really get too behind.

The weapon's gimmick reminds me of a slosher idea I had (hurling a blot where the majority of damage is) but even that idea had it be a relatively long range weapon.

Tifa

Inkling

lol yeah wtf is this supposed to be. every class has its heavy-hitting ink-consuming weapon (hello e-liter, dynamo and hydra), but what is this thing? the range is exactly the same, it still requires two hits (and the hitbox is really small honestly), and has awkward lag between sloshes.

the regular slosher does it better with better sets (burst bombs, splash walls, kraken), lighter ink and better coverage.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
So it's a Slosher with a worse hit box (hard to explain but you don't have a whole wave to work with now), and the rapid blaster kill quality. It's decent but very mild and outclassed.

Kaze

Pro Squid

Sloshing Machine's Strong Points:
the vortex can deal 38.0 fixed dmg against no defense up even if the tip of the vortex barely touch your hitbox.
the vortex travels with your projectile capable of hitting multiple enemies before doing a direct hit.
enough dmg ups can make a direct hit deal over 90.0 dmg which mean it can 1 hit splat if the enemy touched your ink for a second or took any form of splash dmg.
and if you're on high ground the vortex arc is capable of falling straight down the ledge in front of you hitting any enemies climbing the wall all the way to the bottom.

hope you guys read this... :oops:

Last edited:

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Sloshing Machine's Strong Points:
the vortex can deal 38.0 fixed dmg against no defense up even if the tip of the vortex barely touch your hitbox.
the vortex travels with your projectile capable of hitting multiple enemies before doing a direct hit.
enough dmg ups can make a direct hit deal over 90.0 dmg which mean it can 1 hit splat if the enemy touched your ink for a second or took any form of splash dmg.
and if you're on high ground the vortex arc is capable of falling straight down the ledge in front of you hitting any enemies on the wall all the way to the bottom.

hope you guys read this... :oops:
Yea it doesn't splat a full health squid, but with 3 dmg mains and 2 subs I was ohkoing quite a bit in actual gameplay. So it does have that over other sloshers.

It definitly has some potential

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Yea it doesn't splat a full health squid, but with 3 dmg mains and 2 subs I was ohkoing quite a bit in actual gameplay. So it does have that over other sloshers.

It definitly has some potential
Yea, I have a REALLY hard time investing that much Damage up in a weapon when I can just run the normal Slosher. :/

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Yea, I have a REALLY hard time investing that much Damage up in a weapon when I can just run the normal Slosher. :/
I don't really view it as a slosher ...it has ohko potential and a different tractory. Its kinda like how the dynamo is for rollers. To me its a dif weap

Nucleose

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KingNucleose
I just fought a team in Rainmaker Walleye with 3 Sloshing Machines...my team was powerless before their chain bomb rush. When fighting them they seem to trade at best though, I haven't tried it out myself other than the testing area (where I felt very underwhelmed) but as it stands I only feel scared of them if they're glowing.

As someone who uses sloshers when he's not using CSJ, .52, or Luna, I feel no reason to use this over the other sloshers or the neo luna if I want splat bomb rush.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I don't really view it as a slosher ...it has ohko potential and a different tractory. Its kinda like how the dynamo is for rollers. To me its a dif weap
Are you positive it can OHKO? I only seem to cap at 96%. Or are you basing this off the opponent standing in your ink after you shoot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom