• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sloshing Machine Hype!?

HYPE!?

• Total voters
Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Forgive me if there's already a thread somewhere about this, but I didn't see one.
So can we just address these for a moment?

Meet the Sloshing Machine (left) and Sloshing Machine Neo (right), also known as the BigBall_Launcher_00 and BigBall_Launcher_01 that have been quite the mystery to us for some time now. I was very surprised at the weapon leaks in August because they showed that there would be two new types of Splatling guns in the future (Mini and Hydra), but only one new Slosher type (Tri). As a Slosher enthusiast I was very disappointed, but now... just look at these things! They're miniature, weaponized washing machines! Only from Nintendo, folks.

Anyway, below, we can see the fabulous NWPlayer123 holding one of these lovely weapons.

As we can see here, the vanilla version will have the Splat Bombs and Splat Bomb Rush, and the Neo version will have the Point Sensor and Inkzooka.

And here she is firing one off in Sheldon's shooting range, although it's very possible that this is not how the publicly released versions of the weapons will function, as she has mentioned that they currently behave very strangely, do little damage, and don't react well to firing at an upward angle.

So how do you feel about these new weapons? Personally, I'm excited for any new Sloshers in the game. I think I'll prefer the vanilla version over the Neo, though, as the Splat Bomb Rush has grown on me as one of my favorite specials in the game. Comment with your hype (or lack thereof), as well as which version of the weapon you think you'll prefer, below!

Last edited:

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
any ranged weapon not dependent on charge is ok with me. splatlings excluded, of course. wonder how slow the projectile will travel, though.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
First non-charger weapon with blast bomb rush, so that's interest. The ink path seems a bit small though.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It's kits are great, but there doesn't seem to be anything special about the main weapon itself so I'm not too hyped for it.

D

Deleted Member

I will literally use this weapon just for it's name.
Same, and for the design too. The range looks really good on this.

And the reason its called the BigBall_Launcher is because the Sloshing Machine actually shoots a big ball that explodes like the blaster. Maybe this will be a Slosher + Blaster hybrid?

NNID
namine753
Same, and for the design too. The range looks really good on this.

And the reason its called the BigBall_Launcher is because the Sloshing Machine actually shoots a big ball that explodes like the blaster. Maybe this will be a Slosher + Blaster hybrid?
"BigBall_" is merely the code name for sloshers.
Slosher- BigBall_Strong
Tri-Slosher-BigBall_Diffusion
weird, I know, they should just be called "bucket" in the filename.
All I'm getting is that they just made an underwhelming weapon. It's hard to believe they still haven't finished it given the large amount of time they had between now and it first being known as the BigBallLauncher.
WELL IF YOU DONT WANNA USE A SWANKY WASHING MACHINE IN BATTLE, that's your thing, I guess lol

NNID
namine753
You know, Diffusion Slosher would have been a pretty awesome name... But I guess Tri-Slosher rolls off the tongue easier.
but the weapon itself would seem underwhelming because with a name like "Diffusion Slosher", you might get a bit disappointed that it just looks like a janitor's bucket.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
"BigBall_" is merely the code name for sloshers.
Slosher- BigBall_Strong
Tri-Slosher-BigBall_Diffusion
weird, I know, they should just be called "bucket" in the filename.

WELL IF YOU DONT WANNA USE A SWANKY WASHING MACHINE IN BATTLE, that's your thing, I guess lol
Never said I wouldn't use it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom