• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Smash 5 Predictions and discussions

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Hey everyone, now that the hype has cooled down a little I wanted to share my opinion on upcoming smash bros game this has been a hot topic among the smash bros community, and has even tied our favorite the inkling into the smash scene.

So here are my predictions, my personal feelings, and my hope for what will come out in this new iteration

First off, this I believe will be a new game
I have said this across multiple threads and here is my reasoning,

1. 8 player smash, right now the Nintendo switch isn't compatible to play 8 player, even if it was 4 players would either have to use the independant joycons, so due to this right now a major component of smash 4 would be completely taken out...they might be working on a way to make this possible but right now I don't see this as a viable option

2. It has been 4 years since smash 4 released, yeah they have maintained and balanced the game for quite some time after it's release but you do not need a whole team of developers and programmers to do that (not cost effective), likely quite a few of these people began work on the next game or other project shortly after the initial release

3. Mashahiro Sakurai is returning......if this was simply a smash 4 port why would he need to return? Most of the works of his previous game would have carried over and the team could have easily just add in a few new characters. The facts that he is returning in any capacity that he will be spearheading the development of what will likely be a entirely new game.

4. Licensing smash 4 is impressive, but will Nintendo be able to keep it's cast of characters, cloud was put in as partial promo for the FF7 remake (which has still yet to have any details about it's release). Bandai Namco is no longer shown as working on this title whihc mean Pacman might not make the cut, and other character (greninja, lucina, dark pit, and dr. mario) are likely going to have to be weighed and removed due to to other circumstances. (sorry to kill a few dreams, I hate to do that). So there are likely going to be a few holes open for new faces and returning character to fill.

Whether this game is a Splatoon 2 (which kinda felt like a 1.5 and grew into it's own game) or a standalone sequel to it's predecessor there 1 thing for certain this is a new game

My Dreams
Amiibo costume saving: Between botw, mario odyessy and Splatoon 2 you have so many unique costume and variants that you can mix and match, one thing I'd love to see is being able to save said costume and place them in a unique amiibo costume slot to give the player some customization options, and a closer attachment to their character.

The Odyessy (map): I have been thinking about all the many places you explore in odyessy but none can do it quite as well as a flight on the odyessy through the iconic locations... I am not a big fan of moving stages but I would love to see the view that mario saw as he took off on his adventure.

Hyrule castle/ Divine Beast (map): these would be large maps like hyrule temple, and don't need much of a gimmick, but seeing this small callout to BOTW would be great

Octolings: I am greedy, I don't care, since the inlings made it in have an octoling variant skin in game...goes a long way to promote them in S2

Blight Gannon: A re-skin over the classic villan would be great and with so many imposing bosses it would be cool to see a few new skins to reference them, it would be even better to see new abilities to reference them but I'll take what I can get

Link RNG: Link has always been a consistent character with little to no change, but let's make him a little more random, add rng to his bow, and his smash attacks,have a durability to his moves add to the uniqueness, it might make link a little more tricky to play but he could a very unique zoning charcter that is hard to predict and dangerous to misstep against

Predicitons:
Champions Botw: I hate to say it but likely not going to be playable chacters they all are so unique and having them all in game would be impossible but they could be an assist trophy, and you know what I would be okay with that (Falco is a little annoying but I'd like to see him actually do something)

Arms: these guys come from a flop of a fighting game, I am sad to see it end that way for them so why not bring over a stretchy fighter into the smash bros game they would fit right in with their unique mechanics and could preserve them until a sequel can improve their IP.

Rex and Pyra: shulk made us feel it, but these character would offer another unique take on the ice climber mechanic both rely on each other to battle so seeing them work together would be fun.

Anyways these are my feelings feel free to share what you would like to see or other opinions you have towards the game or charcters

*****Also I got tickets to E3 so I will give you guys if possible a sneak peek at the new smash bros and their roster while I am there

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
True but I am too lazy rework and edit my smash boards account, plus it was inkling in the trailer....that's our turf :p
...Except you went on mentioning things are non-Splatoon related, on a Splatoon dedicated forum. :P

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Bandanna Waddle Dee.

That is all.
Amen to that. I can't wait until this weekend when Star Allies comes out. Seeing Bandanna Waddle Dee and the rest of the dream friends in the direct was the third best thing I got out of it (well, fourth if you split splatoon into the April update and Octo Expansion).

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Other than maybe moving the thread to Off-Topic so we can discuss anything beyond Splatoon-related Smash content, I don't think it's too far a stretch to discuss the upcoming Smash on these boards in general, especially after the most anticipated Inkling debut. :D

Here's the things I'm personally hoping for:
  • Splattack! should make it into the game in any way.
    It is and shall forever be the title song of the franchise. I'm not feeling the same for the S2 title track despite not hating on it per say.
  • A dedicated Sploon stage.
    Not sure about which one though. It can either be somewhere in Inkopolis (the square would mean a lack of a ground to fall down to, though) or some nod to Octo Valley stages which have way more freedom to be crazy. Any stage being reworked would work fine for me,
  • Squidbagging should be a taunt. :D
    Nuff said. It's become so iconic that it would be a missed opportunity NOT to inklude it.
  • Kraken, Inkzooka or anything of the like would make for a gr8 final smash.
    Since the first two are only S1 specials that didn't make a comeback, not sure how likely their inclusion would be sadly.
  • Splatoon items:
    The charger could work similar to how the super scope works/worked (haven't played the recent installments :c ), curling bombs, or double-nods like the N-Zap would be quite fun. Any Splatoon bomb sub weapon, and lots of Splatoon weapons would work quite well. I'm not too picky in what they'd choose but I'm really hoping for one or two Spl00n items to make it into the game.
  • Octolings as either costumes or future characters that get patched in later.
    Since the Octo expansion isn't out yet I don't think they'll be in the first release of the game yet since the models are too different. It'd be a nice surprise to see them inkluded anyway though even though I'm not the biggest fan of the boy's promo hairstyle.
As for non-Splatoon related predictions, I have none honestly, but that's mostly due to my lack of having played the game post-melee. I didn't own a Wii, and never bought Smash for the Wii U and only played that one sporadically, so I have next to no idea about the is-state. I like the idea of Rex and Pyra making it into the game in a similar fashion as the ice climbers did, and I'm hoping for the Fire Emblem love to continue being a thing. Just stop with the Marth clones aaaaa.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
There might be "canned specials" as field items. S2 specials would work well for that, Tenta Missiles and Stingray especially.

But otherwise I'm expecting to see them as normal attacks. The Kraken (supersized) should definitely be the Final Smash, although Killer Wail would be pretty cool as an alternate. Inkjet will probably be the Up+B attack. Most of the quick A attacks will probably be Inkbrush swings, the smash attacks will be Roller flicks, and the Splattershot, Slosher, and Charger will probably be neutral, down, and forward+B (maybe not respectively). The normal block will be a Bubbler, and the dodge will be a Dualie roll that combos into dualie fire.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I really wanted to see inklings in smash 4, but I never thought they would make it to a smash game at all, so this news is very cool. I honestly don't know how most attacks would work, but roller and inkbrush swings as A attacks would make a lot of sense. Maybe the charger could operate as a B attack similar to Link's bow, where charging longer makes it shoot farther, like a charger. Maybe some of the aerials/grabs/smash attacks will be the inkling firing their splattershot at point blank, like Samus. I think the most logical choice for the final smash is to bring back the kraken, as I think it is the most iconic special in the games. No matter what they do, I think they will execute it very well and the inklings should be one of the more unique characters, especially if they can find a way to make the floors ink-able.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I came up with a slight idea of what the moveset could look like it is a little much and likely will be different for the end product

Inkling moveset
Up Special: Super jump
Down special: Bomb (Rng between various bombs)
Neutral special: Fires charger
Side special: turns into inkling

Side smash: roller smash
Up smash: Bucket slosh
Down smash: blaster shot in both direction

A button: shoots main weapon
Side tilt: shoots brella parasol
Down tilit: pokes with inkbrush
Up tilit: sloshing machine splash

Neutral air: dulies spin
Up- air: ?
D-air: dunks with dynamo
F-air: squeezer snipe
B-air: smacks openents with octobrush

Special inkling has whole team activate their special to attack the enemy
-Or-
Inklings burst the Rainmaker shield and picks up the rainmaker and launches a flury of shots at thr enemy

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My one hope...my only dream...the ONE thing I want this Smash...is for the roster not to be leaked beforehand. There were ZERO characters I unlocked in Smash 4 that came as a surprise. DLC announcements were cool, but those aren't surprise unlocks either.

I really wanted to see inklings in smash 4, but I never thought they would make it to a smash game at all,.
You thought Nintendo's most popular IP in years, the one they've been treating as being on-par with other mainstay Nintendo titles, the series that's surely among the top 5 most popular Nintendo series in Japan would never make it to a Smash game!? Wii Fit Trainer is in Smash!

I literally can't think of a more predictable newcomer.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
My one hope...my only dream...the ONE thing I want this Smash...is for the roster not to be leaked beforehand. There were ZERO characters I unlocked in Smash 4 that came as a surprise. DLC announcements were cool, but those aren't surprise unlocks either.

You thought Nintendo's most popular IP in years, the one they've been treating as being on-par with other mainstay Nintendo titles, the series that's surely among the top 5 most popular Nintendo series in Japan would never make it to a Smash game!? Wii Fit Trainer is in Smash!

I literally can't think of a more predictable newcomer.
I mean, I love Nintendo and all, but they do some really stupid things sometimes. Plus, we do have to remember that Bayonetta was added to smash, and that is less than PG. They do some really weird stuff, like including jigglypuff in every game.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Right, Nintendo does stupid and weird stuff, but not 'let's exclude our biggest series since 2001 from Smash' stupid and weird.

In Japan, Splatoon is being treated as being on par with Mario and Animal Crossing and series like that.

And don't hate on Jiggly! That's a character that was one of the original 12, of course they're gonna keep her.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Right, Nintendo does stupid and weird stuff, but not 'let's exclude our biggest series since 2001 from Smash' stupid and weird.

In Japan, Splatoon is being treated as being on par with Mario and Animal Crossing and series like that.

And don't hate on Jiggly! That's a character that was one of the original 12, of course they're gonna keep her.
I guess I didn't really think about any of what I said logically, but I'm past the point of logic. I've reached a mindset where I think that if I like something then it won't get the treatment I want it to.

Also, I do know about the sales of Splatoon, but a lot of my friends really like Nintendo, but none of them owned a Wii U, so outside of the sales figures I don't really know much about the game's popularity.

Also don't think I hate jigglypuff, I just wish they would replace it with something better. I'm a big Pokemon fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom