1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Crispy Calamari - Off-Topic Discussion' started by Cephalobro, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Commander

Now I know Smashboards already exists, but I think Smash can still be discussed here. With that out of the way. What do you think they are not showing on purpose that you'd want to see?

Ansible likes this.
  2. SamPokeball

SamPokeball Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4712-0785-3700
    That hidden menu option. I personally don’t care about because I’m gonna get it anyway. Also can’t wait for those few more fighters to be revealed.

Ansible likes this.
  3. Cephalobro

I know they are hiding alternate costumes for characters that already have been revealed. Don't tell me they suddenly took out Mario's Fire Flower costume that have been in Smash since 64.

4. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Couldn't really get into Smash when I attempted it, especially when finding help meant dealing with tons of esoteric jibber jabber and content meant for the competitive scene and/or players already familiar to the series.

So I gave up, ignored it, and stuck to Splatoon (smashtoon/splat bros bundle).

Think I may give this one a try--and no not because of the inklings!! Though they do sweeten the deal... <<;

5. TeaLeaf

TeaLeaf Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6238-9624-0408
    Literally every new character reveal trailer I've seen I've been wanting it to be a new Subspace Emissary reveal, but then it's a character reveal trailer :/

Also, they put the Smash direct on 8/8/18 and didn't announce Octolings as an Inkling Echo Fighter? Ugh.

Enperry likes this.
  6. Enperry

Enperry Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    What's "Subspace Emissary"?

Anyway, I think that Ultimate is pretty much complete fighters-wise I mean, can you really think of another realistic option for a fighter?

7. Cephalobro

Subspace Emissary is basically Story Mode, it appeared in Brawl.

Enperry likes this.
  8. Enperry

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    I'm hoping for that mysterious green mode to be Smash Run but maybe with online multiplayer with everyone in the same dungeon area.

9. BBGrenorange

BBGrenorange Inkling Cadet

Smash run was pretty much just an inferior subspace emmisary, so fingers crossed the blurred out part is SE and not SR.

Also Sakurai it’s not too late to announce Waluigi

Yin_ likes this.
  10. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    There was a twitter post where someone did a pixel fix (citation needed) and it said like "spirits" or something. Idc if this is a known fact or not but just throwing it out there for people to find.

Enperry likes this.
  11. Cephalobro

I'm hoping it's part of a new story mode, it would be especially interesting to see characters who are usually alternates like the Koopalings or Female Robin to be playable separately from their original fighters.

Yin_ and Enperry like this.
  12. Chaos_Knight

Chaos_Knight Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Cha0sKnight
    I am in that one group that is disappointed with Isabelle in Smash. Mainly because I'm not an AC person.

Now where's my boi Rex and his swordbaes Pyra and Mythra?

EastWest likes this.
  13. Enperry

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    Why would you be dissapointed at all? The more fighters, the better imo no matter who they are.

Cephalobro likes this.
  14. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    If you should be disappointed in anything, it should be those Smash joycons (oooooohhhh~!)!

I found the Smash pro controller uninspiring enough, but the joycons went even further.

15. Chaos_Knight

Chaos_Knight Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Cha0sKnight
    As I said, I'm not an AC guy, so it doesn't excite me. Cool that AC fans get another a rep. It's just doesn't apply to me.

Enperry likes this.
  16. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

I don't understand how people still have hope for a story mode a la Subspace. That's not going to happen with 75+ characters.
    It was only in Brawl and Smash 4, not in 64 or Melee.

17. Coolkid

Coolkid Inkling Cadet

i will just say it...once i heard Isabelle was in i got very disappointed,from all characters that had a chance to get mentioned in my opinion she doesn't deserve the spot,she deserved a spot as a echo at most to me,but hey that's how i think about it >->

Yin_ likes this.
  18. Enperry

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    It's not like non Smash are "competing for a slot" that's not how Sakurai thinks.

19. Coolkid

Coolkid Inkling Cadet

that's the thing..you never know how Sakurai thinks xD even if you think that you know then you don't,but we all have our dislikes for certain characters,i just have 1 for Isabelle and i needed to have that out of my system at least once >.<

20. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

That's how it works from a game dev perspective, though. You have a limited amount of time to flesh out characters, so of course they're competing for slots.
    Isabelle isn't the most exciting character for me either, but there's no denying that she deserved her spot. Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's most popular series, so it certainly deserves to have (at least) 2 characters, really 3 or 4. And Isabelle is by far the most popular AC character. She makes more sense than half the roster, really.