• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tournament Sniper No Sniping! April 10th, Last Day To Register is April 9th!

SirRosalina

Full Squid
NNID
Wariogold
11/16 (2 Pending) Teams Have Entered (Can be increased by increments of 4 up to 32)

Welcome to Sniper No Sniping!
Sniper No Sniping is a 4v4 charger tournament. The tournament will start at 2 PM EST on March 26th, 2016. I am planning the turn out will be small, so the amount of teams will be 16. If demand is high it will go to 32. It will be a Round Robin into 4 groups, and the top 2 teams from each group move on the Top 8 Cut. From there on it'll be single elimination, along with a battle for 3rd place. The Group Round will be Best of 5. And the Top 8 Cut matches will be a Best of 7. The weapons you are allowed to use are any kind of charger weapon, here is the list.
  • Bamboozler 14 Mk I
  • Bamboozler 14 Mk II
  • Classic Squiffer
  • New Squiffer
  • Splat Charger
  • Kelp Splat Charger
  • Splatterscope
  • Kelp Splatterscope
  • E-Liter 3K
  • E-Liter 3K Scope
  • Custom E-Liter 3K
  • Custom E-Liter 3K Scope
The reason I chose to do this tournament is for a few reasons. Some of the main ones are it'd be interesting to see chargers be played not just defensively, but also as a support and offensive. Instead of just a team of 4 E-Liters and Splat Chargers, you could still have a bamboozler 14 Mk 1 as offensive, and a classic squiffer as support. The winning team will have to be very successful in their combinations, as well as how well they play each role, and most importantly, their skills at splatting and not getting splatted.
Prizes: First place gets a custom photoshopped picture of whatever they choose. Second place gets a custom photoshopped picture of whatever topic they choose. Third and Fourth place get a random piece of photoshop.

Format
  1. Will be a Round Robin Tournament to start off, 4 groups with 4 people
  2. Each match will be a Best of 5 plays
  3. All Maps + Modes Will Be Allowed
  4. After each group battles each person in each group, it will be a top 8 cut or top 2 teams from each group advance.
  5. Top 8 Cut will be a Best of 7 Matches
  6. Winner will get a photoshopped photo for whatever they want, Runner-Up gets a photo-shopped Sniper picture, 3rd & 4th Place get a Random Photoshopped drawing.
  7. Each team may sub 1 player per match, 2 if there is a dc.
Disconnection Rules
  1. If there is a disconnect, the team will get one of two options
  2. Option #1, a rematch on that map/mode
  3. Option #2, go on to the next map/mode, there will be additional matches in each round in case of dc
  4. Picture evidence will not be required as I think it's honestly stupid, and no way to really prove it fake or not. As a player on a team that has a dc, picture evidence never even happened as the other team knew that. This will be an honor system.
  5. One dc will be allowed per round per team, after that the match will be played on and the win will be given to the winning team.
  6. Along with the dc, the next round each member on the team must use the same weapons, even if there is a sub. You can switch weapons among players, but the same weapons must be used.

Maps

Round 1
  • Match 1: Camp Triggerfish/Rainmaker
  • Match 2: Saltspray Rig/Splat Zones
  • Match 3: Arowana Mall/Splat Zones
  • Match 4: Bluefin Depot/Rainmaker
  • Match 5: Hammerhead Bridge/Tower Control
  • Match 6(if 1 dc and rematch not requested): Kelp Dome/Splat Zones
  • Match 7(if 2 dc's and neither request rematch): Blackbelly Skatepark/ Tower Control
Round 2
  • Match 1: Urchin Underpass/Tower Control
  • Match 2: Museum D'Alfonsino/Tower Control
  • Match 3: Saltspray Rig/Rainmaker
  • Match 4: Piranha Pit/Rainmaker
  • Match 5: Museum D'Alfonsino/Splat Zones
  • Match 6(If at least one dc and at least one rematch not requested): Moray Towers/Splat Zones
  • Match 7(If 2 dc's and neither request a rematch): Ancho-V Games/Rainmaker
Round 3
  • Match 1: Port Mackerel/Tower Control
  • Match 2: Arowana Mall/Rainmaker
  • Match 3: Walleye Warehouse/Splat Zones
  • Match 4: Kelp Dome/Rainmaker
  • Match 5: Moray Towers/Rainmaker
  • Match 6(If at least one dc and no rematch is asked): Urchin Underpass/Splat Zones
  • Match 7(If 2 dc's and neither request rematch): Flounder Heights/Rainmaker
Top 8 Cut - Quarter Finals
  • Match 1: Walleye Warehouse/Rainmaker
  • Match 2: Kelp Dome/Rainmaker
  • Match 3: Ancho-V Games/Splat Zones
  • Match 4: Kelp Dome/Tower Control
  • Match 5: Flounder Heights/Tower Control
  • Match 6: Moray Towers/Tower Control
  • Match 7: Piranha Pit/Splat Zones
  • Match 8(If at least one dc and no rematch requested): Bluefin Depot/Tower Control
  • Match 9(If two dc's and neither request rematch): Camp Triggerfish/ Splat Zones
Top 8 Cut - Semi-Finals
  • Match 1: Walleye Warehouse/Tower Control
  • Match 2: Arowana MallTower Control
  • Match 3: Urchin Underpass/Rainmaker
  • Match 4: Port Mackerel/Splat Zones
  • Match 5: Hammerhead Bridge/Rainmaker
  • Match 6: Port Mackerel/Rainmaker
  • Match 7: Bluefin Depot/Splat Zones
  • Match 8(If at least 1 dc and no rematch requested): Ancho-V Games/Tower Control
  • Match 9(If at least 2 dc's and neither request rematch): Saltspray Rig/Tower Control
Top 8 Cut - Finals
  • Match 1: Mahi-Mahi Resort/Tower Control
  • Match 2: Museum D'Alfonsino/Rainmaker
  • Match 3: Hammerhead Bridge/Splat Zones
  • Match 4: Flounder Heights/Splat Zones
  • Match 5: Blackbelly Skatepark/Splat Zones
  • Match 6: Mahi-Mahi Resort/Rainmaker
  • Match 7: Camp Triggerfish/Tower Control
  • Match 8(If at least 1 dc and no rematch requested): Blackbelly Skatepark/Rainmaker
  • Match 9(If 2 dc's and neither request rematch): Piranha Pit/Tower Control
How to Sign Up
  1. Your team's name
  2. Your leader's Discord Name
  3. Your leader's NNID
  4. All player's name competing display name (min. 4 and no more than 8)
  5. Join the Discord
    https://discord.gg/0piB7YhOLeAcDoZy
  6. Challonge will be created day of tourney.
  7. Registration will be on day of tourney. Starting at 8 AM EST, and ending at 2:10, 10 minutes after the tourney starts.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
FYI: I forgot to mention the challenge bracket. The bracket will be made on the day of tournament after registrations has closed, sorry in advance.
you know you can always edit that into the OP since you forgot to put it in. I could do it for you by aboosing my mod powers actually.

But there was clearly a good amount of effort put into his topic. shame cuz I just finished updating the calendar and now I'll have to again after I finish my homework :P

Inksploder

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FruitMaster951
Is it possible to do it a bit later? Or are we fixed to 2pm?

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Is it 2am or pm I'm confused as I thought 2pm but you mentioned 8pm

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
K sounds great. If you have any more questions I'll answer them. Ask on either discord or squid boards, preferably squid boards.
I've asked 6 squad mates to join and I have two reserves I'm just waiting for the replies is that ok

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Signing up the Ssç
Leader - Me ssçSQUIDDY
MEMBERS-
SsçJUJU
ssçFRANKIE
ssçERYK
ssçSANTA
ssçPUPPY

I am aloud to edit this right

Last edited:

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Sure. Just make sure to add your own NNID, your discord, and i'll let you slide not he name because you kind of have your logo already under your squid boards name
My NNID is Splatsplatoon and my discord is Grease oh and how many teams are registered

Last edited:

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Sure. Just make sure to add your own NNID, your discord, and i'll let you slide not he name because you kind of have your logo already under your squid boards name
In round two you may need to replace the saltspray rig rainmaker a new extreme game breaking glitch has been found for this map and mode and until patch is not safe to play in tournaments

SirRosalina

Full Squid
NNID
Wariogold
In round two you may need to replace the saltspray rig rainmaker a new extreme game breaking glitch has been found for this map and mode and until patch is not safe to play in tournaments
No it should be fine. It is extremely hard to pull off, and that part is chaos city, so it shouldn't be a problem. If it is, then a rematch can be made. But no need to change

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
No it should be fine. It is extremely hard to pull off, and that part is chaos city, so it shouldn't be a problem. If it is, then a rematch can be made. But no need to change
Hmmm really? I pulled it off first try but Ye but don't you need photographic evidence or film for a rematch to be called?

Chermender

Inkster Jr.
NNID
chermender4lyfe
Le MemeTeam signing up
Discord: LMT|Chermender
(Players)
Jeffy (NNID: chermender4lyfe)
Pingz (NNID: andrew123999)
Scrub (NNID: maximusscrublord)
Scotty (NNID: Scotty1237)
Sam (NNID: mariokartjunkie)