• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

So...sence Octolings are now playable, what will be the final boss of splatoon 3

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
DJ Octavio is still evil. Given the events of Octo Expansion appear to canonically be before Splatoon 2, shouldn't make a difference.

DJ Octavio will probably always be the main big bad like Bowser or Ganon. It's just how much they decide to mix it up or throw in more cards. Or unless they want to throw in a twist and introduce a new villain that both sides are against, but DJ Octavio is gonna be a main stay.

GuardianJohnITA

Inkling
DJ Octavio is still evil. Given the events of Octo Expansion appear to canonically be before Splatoon 2, shouldn't make a difference.

DJ Octavio will probably always be the main big bad like Bowser or Ganon. It's just how much they decide to mix it up or throw in more cards. Or unless they want to throw in a twist and introduce a new villain that both sides are against, but DJ Octavio is gonna be a main stay.
You should check my discussion too pal....you can find your answer right there ;)

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
Revenge of the Salmonids. The Salmonid species has had enough. They uprise out of the water intent to destroy the Inklings and Octolings who have been stealing their eggs and retrieve their unhatched salmon eggs. You’re coached by Mr Grizz to fight off the Salmonids, all the while recapturing large baskets of salmon eggs at the end of each mission. It features newer and larger boss Salmonids.

Later DLC releases Salmonid Expansion (working title)...

You find out the mysterious voice behind Mr Grizz has actually been DJ Octavio all along. After Octo Expansion, Octavio knew he no longer had the Octolings support to continue waging war on the Squids but his sinister nature needed an outlet. So he turned his focus on the Salmonids.

He had been tricking Inklings and later Octoling into doing his bidding of stealing the eggs of unborn Salmonids in an attempt to eradicate the entire species. Salmon Runs have been nothing more than a thinly veiled genocide attempt. But the Salmonids were a tenacious species that respawned in such quick succession that Octavio was barely making a dent in the total population count.

At the end the Expansion DLC hits us with a storyline plot twist...

Octavio was not destroying the Salmon eggs that we had captured for him. He had been hatching the eggs, brainwashing the salmon children, and raising an army of evil Salmonids to fight against the Inkling/Octoling alliance. The game ends with epic battles against Octavio’s Salmonlings, who look and fight very much like Inklings and Octolings.

GuardianJohnITA

Inkling
Revenge of the Salmonids. The Salmonid species has had enough. They uprise out of the water intent to destroy the Inklings and Octolings who have been stealing their eggs and retrieve their unhatched salmon eggs. You’re coached by Mr Grizz to fight off the Salmonids, all the while recapturing large baskets of salmon eggs at the end of each mission. It features newer and larger boss Salmonids.

Later DLC releases Salmonid Expansion (working title)...

You find out the mysterious voice behind Mr Grizz has actually been DJ Octavio all along. After Octo Expansion, Octavio knew he no longer had the Octolings support to continue waging war on the Squids but his sinister nature needed an outlet. So he turned his focus on the Salmonids.

He had been tricking Inklings and later Octoling into doing his bidding of stealing the eggs of unborn Salmonids in an attempt to eradicate the entire species. Salmon Runs have been nothing more than a thinly veiled genocide attempt. But the Salmonids were a tenacious species that respawned in such quick succession that Octavio was barely making a dent in the total population count.

At the end the Expansion DLC hits us with a storyline plot twist...

Octavio was not destroying the Salmon eggs that we had captured for him. He had been hatching the eggs, brainwashing the salmon children, and raising an army of evil Salmonids to fight against the Inkling/Octoling alliance. The game ends with epic battles against Octavio’s Salmonlings, who look and fight very much like Inklings and Octolings.
An interesting theory, pal. Maybe you should check my discussion about the mysteries of Splatoon and its future....it might caught your interest :)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I can only guess either Dj Octavio or a Salmonid leader will take the villain role in the next game, or it'll be an entirely new custom character.
Commander Tartar is more or less explicitly be said to be dead, so unless that gets retconned he won't be making a return. The other possibility is that Sanitized Octolings will take a villain role in the next game.

An interesting theory, pal. Maybe you should check my discussion about the mysteries of Splatoon and its future....it might caught your interest :)
Don't hijack this thread, dude.

Ohaxer

Inkster Jr.
Given the events of Octo Expansion appear to canonically be before Splatoon 2, shouldn't make a difference.
Uh, hero mode Came before Octo, in the chat room there's a picture of the squid sisters and Off the hook
how could they have the Picture if hero mode was not done First?

GuardianJohnITA

Inkling
I can only guess either Dj Octavio or a Salmonid leader will take the villain role in the next game, or it'll be an entirely new custom character.
Commander Tartar is more or less explicitly be said to be dead, so unless that gets retconned he won't be making a return. The other possibility is that Sanitized Octolings will take a villain role in the next game.

Don't hijack this thread, dude.
I'm not hijacking this tread, my friend; I admit that my discussion and this thread share some elements but I also admit that he makes a valid point, especially after the events of Octo Expansion; now that I think about it.....there is another point I need to clear on the discussion....

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Uh, hero mode Came before Octo, in the chat room there's a picture of the squid sisters and Off the hook
how could they have the Picture if hero mode was not done First?
Callie got abducted 6 months, I think, before the start of Splatoon 2. That still leaves 18 months where that picture could've been taken.

Ohaxer

Inkster Jr.
Callie got abducted 6 months, I think, before the start of Splatoon 2. That still leaves 18 months where that picture could've been taken.
Um... if Callie got abducted for six months then why do Off the Hook talk about it now?

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I think a new salmonid final boss would be pretty cool. The Salmonids are referred to as a savage race, and they seem pretty primative compared to the Octarians and the Inklings. Most are caught using frying pans for weapons, instead of ranged firearms. And Inkling and Octoling relations with Marina being on the News Station and all seem to be going well.

DJ Octavio, I could see becoming a good guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept him as the main antagonist. Just because I could see Octavio wanting to "collab" with the Squid Sisters realizing his army is lost to their song.

Okay, so if you want a real villain, look at Octo Expansion. Commander Tartar is no softie when it comes to his plans. He's brainwashed Agent 3, Attempted to Murder Agent 8 and Captain Cuttlefish and attempted Genocide. Tartar isn't about jamming out or trying to take little things from the Inklings, like a dumb zapfish. He wants complete domination.

What does Octavio have on his track record? Just 2 kidnappings, and some brainwash.

Tartar has probably blended up 10,007 life forms before agent 8 stops him. Tartar doesn't joke around much either, even though Octavio will give you some funky dialogue to read.

But a really cool final boss for the next game would be subject #10,009 , the perfect lifeform adapted for fighting and the most self aware subject the Kamabo Corporation has ever witnessed. The only problem with this theory would be: Tartar got shrekt by Pearl's Kamehameha Killer Wail. And the Kamabo Corporation (according to C.Q. Cumber) has ceased to exist. But it would be a really interesting to see the perfect subject from Tartar, unless #10,008 was perfect for overthrowing its master.

Cephalobro

Instead of Salmonlings, the Salmonids could actually get an ally based-off Cuttlefish called Cuttlings, just like Inklings and Octolings, they are a humanoid cephalopod species that would spray ink. Either that, or "Salmonlings" really being cephalopod-hunting robots built by the Salmonids using stolen Octarian tech would fit in as well. I just don't think a savage species is fitting to receive a natural Inkling-like version of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom