• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So spawn camping does exist in Splatoon...

Chaozrush21

Full Squid
NNID
dotmae
But splatting people doesn't even help your team. In fact, if the opposing team was good at the game, they would probably be able to figure out where the roller is camping and splat'em. You even have a worse chance than that if you don't have the Kraken or Killer Wail.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
But you still have invincibility when standing on your spawn point correct? If so you should be able to kill a person close to spawn. If they are hiding in ink, then while it may be annoying at first, it shouldn't last for as long as it did in the video, especially in squad v squad. In random matches ANYTHING could happen but hopefully when people get more accustomed to the game this won't be a problem.

bebopfan

Inkling

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
One video isn't enough proof though. We'd need many, many more before something like this can be considered a problem. Research is key to these kinds of things.

Also, that roller played well. Really well. I don't think that the other team handled them the best they could, it almost seemed like they were oblivious to the rollers presence.

In a case such as this, spawn camping is to be expected. This would only really become a problem if two teams of equal skill are going at it and one gets a small gain in momentum that somehow leads to something like we saw in the video.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
One word: Superjump. Spawn camping is of no use if the players are conquering turf elsewhere, players will just need to adapt and create better strategies to counter it, the tools are there, players just need to learn how to use them.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
One video proves nothing. As the user above said, just super jump and go paint stuff elsewhere.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
If they spawn camp you just take the rest of the map. Most of the time teams that spawn camp will lose if you are playing with people that aren't level 4.

joetext

Inkster Jr.
NNID
duncankeller
So, one thing that happened during the testfire -

The teams were very unbalanced. We were winning by a very significant margin. After a bit, we had covered the entire area in our paint. There was nowhere else to go but the enemy territory. It felt dirty, but we had run out of space, so we were basically spawn camping. I think stuff like that will become less prevalent as people get better at it. One guy who runs in to spawn camp probably won't have much of an advantage if the other team just focuses on killing him.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Either super jump, or sneakswim and take out the spawn killer. I don't think this will be an issue, since everyone will mostly focus on inking turf... unless they're just some troll.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Good job on the roller's part but I just saw way too many missed opportunities on the other team's end...

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
But splatting people doesn't even help your team. In fact, if the opposing team was good at the game, they would probably be able to figure out where the roller is camping and splat'em. You even have a worse chance than that if you don't have the Kraken or Killer Wail.
You dont have to be a roller to spawn trap, in fact with Splatshot and Jr you can simply causing problem to the other team. Taking down 2 or 3 players of the opposite is more likely advantage, i can call this Play the Objective if so.It will be also simple for any Objective players from other games. but again its my 10cent.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
One word: Superjump. Spawn camping is of no use if the players are conquering turf elsewhere, players will just need to adapt and create better strategies to counter it, the tools are there, players just need to learn how to use them.
I'm glad someone said this. You can easily escape using the Superjump.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So a couple things.

The other team should've realized what the Roller was doing and plan accordingly. The Roller left himself wide ope n a bunch of times so it should've been easy enough to get him, OR at the very least find a way to distract him.

Second, squid jump.

Third, if any of the previous happened, the spawn camper would've wasted precious time.

Chaozrush21

Full Squid
NNID
dotmae
You dont have to be a roller to spawn trap, in fact with Splatshot and Jr you can simply causing problem to the other team. Taking down 2 or 3 players of the opposite is more likely advantage, i can call this Play the Objective if so.It will be also simple for any Objective players from other games. but again its my 10cent.
Spawn camping is nearly impossible for the Splatershot and Splatshot Jr. to do. Unlike the roller, you can't splat an inkling instantly making it more of a pain in the butt. Maybe if you have shield it wouldn't be that bad, but not by much. Plus Squid Jump. (I'm surprised I forgot about Squid Jump, I did that alot in the testfire)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom