• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

So, Splatoon Has Almost Been Out For A Year. Thoughts?

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Our little game of squids transforming into kids then back to squids while covering the ground with ink is almost a year old now. Can you believe it? I sure can't. I think this is a good time to give our thoughts of the game and perhaps how they've changed as time has gone by. What were your impressions at the game's announcement? What about when you played the testfires or at launch? Have they changed? Anything really goes here soooo...

When I first heard of Splatoon, I was completely uninterested. Seriously, I saw the trailer and I was like "This is kinda dumb" and moved on. But come the Splatoon Direct, I got hooked. It looked more and more awesome as he direct went by and I made it my mission to play every testfire. Shoot, I remember watching the direct several times since it was the only way I was getting my Splatoon fix. Then the game came out and I was SUPER hyped. The semester had JUST ended (so more time to play!) and boy did I play, despite the fact that I suck at shooters (mainly due to having the aiming skills of a 4-year-old on a sugar rush).

Even after the August update, I always felt the game was lacking in the variety department (in terms of game modes). This could be because my last shooter was Halo (which spoiled me with modes and variations of them) but 4 game modes never seemed like enough. I dunno, it started to get old, fast and rotations bugged me for a while (same with 2 maps for every 4 hours though I stopped caring a while ago). I mean I still find Splatoon addicting but... mmmph, ONLY 4!? -sigh- Though the weapons... man. I never thought I'd stray from the Squelchers (due to my preference of long-range weaponry) but boy was I proven wrong. So many sets that accommodate different and similar playstyles and I thought the lack of customizing sets would hurt the game but nope. I like how one weapon has at least one other variation, even if I don't use it, it's nice to have it anyway.

And overall, this game has so much depth. You wouldn't think so at first and perhaps that's why many people are hooked on it. It's simple to learn and get into yet difficult to master.

(I know I'm forgetting a few things but at the time of posting it's late soooo, I'll add more to this later o3o)

EDIT: I liked the idea of free updates for it kept the game fresh (ha...). It gave people something to look forward to and that's always nice. With that said, I still think there should've been more at launch I mean, no Private Battles until August? What? Why? How? 5 maps, Ranked being locked(though I can kinda understand but at the same time ... meh) I guess none of that really matters now. I was also among those who DESPISED motion controls. They felt so awkward. I used it during the testfires and immediately "NOPE! NOPE! WORST THING EVER!". Then I tried it again and was like "Oh... this isn't so bad". One of the few times I can say motion controls are better than stick controls. XD

Last edited:

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I was definitely skeptical when it was first announced. A NEW NINTENDO IP AND.... it's a shooter. I thought it was going to be a cheap cash-in. And honestly the first trailer that really made me think "hm, this might be worth my while" was the one that showcased single player mode. It looked like they were putting a lot of care and effort into the game. I don't come from a background of online gaming, much less shooters, having only played Mario Kart Wii online heavily prior to Splatoon. I also didn't think the squid kid theme would appeal to me. But... it grew on me so fast.

When I bought the game on launch day (I was urged to by a friend who was admittedly more hyped about it than I was, but I was the one with the Wii U), I immediately fell in love. Despite the few maps and one ranked mode, I was really satisfied. I like that it didnt all roll out at once. It gave us stuff to look forward to, and more of a journey to follow. And I just really think the developers put a lot of passion and energy into making the game as lovable as possible. It couldn't be further from a cash-in and I'm so glad I was wrong.

I still play it as often as I can (almost every day), and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. It's definitely the game that has kept my attention the longest in my life. That's a major feat. Long live splatoooooon

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Warning: really long wall of text below. Likely the longest i've ever made on these forums.

I was basically like you before the game out. Looking at every single splatoon content i could find and being hyped as hell. I didn't have a wii u when the test fires were happening, i got it a little before the 2.0.0 update. Shooters are usually my least favorite genre, unless it has creative weapons. Battlefield, CoD and other shooters like them i'm not a fan of because they're just too bland imo. They probably are good games, but simply not for me. Splatoon made me do a lot of things i never thought i would never do. Watch video game streams on twitch, even made a twitch account just to follow my favorite streamers. Play with random strangers from other parts of the world. Create an account in a forum. When the day finally came that i could play, i was so giddy. I simply couldn't. Wait. I had to start up the game immediately. And it's everything i expected it to be. Colorful, fun, and competitive when it needs to be. My favorite aspect of this game are the weapons. They are so freaking creative. Using any means necesarry to not make a real life gun that shoots ink is just so great. Another aspect is the emphasis on clothing. Customizing characters is a guilty pleasure of mine, and love whenever i have the chance to do so. The maps are great and i love this game so, so very much. And one last thing i want to talk about is how well the devs handled the balance patches. They listened to their fans and gave buffs where buffs were needed and nerfs that were enough to not make a weapon completely useless, but rather that they required more skill to effectively use, rollers, e-litre etc. 2.2.0 (first big weapon balance patch), 2.6.0 (gear buffs, better rank seperation and weapon matchmaking, which is fan-freaking-tastic) and 2.7.0 (second big weapons balance patch and along with 2.6.0 the best patch we've ever gotten) being examples of great patches. Not only that, but releasing the patch notes as well. Smash, why u no do this? (Jesus that's an old meme). One reason i don't like shooters on consoles is because of stick aiming. When i heard the game would have motion controls, i just had to try it, and i'm pleasently surprised by how good they were. They're as fluent as a mouse and didn't really feel like much of a bother. This game is very polished too.

All this praise aside, the game is not without it's faults. The rng when it comes to gear sucks and the rotation system as you said, is utter crap (okay that's not what you said, but it still is). I like what they were going for, but they honestly should've added more than two maps per mode, per rotation as the maps were being released. And that brings me to my next point. Splatoon being empty on release. The amount of weapons were okay, but only releasing with 4 maps, 1 mode and no way to directly play with friends was just so stupid. I like the idea of releasing the rest of maps later on, but you could've at least done that with a few more maps, splatzones and private battles on launch or at least release a little later with most of these things done. I know these are outdated critisms since now we have more than enough of everything (except maybe modes), but it didn't had to have such a rocky start. At least in my opinion. Also single player's too easy aside from dj octavio.

Finals thoughts. One of my favorite games of all time EVER. I love this game so freaking much and i'm so addicted. I just can't imagine a sequel at this point, but simply based on it's sales, there's no doubt there will be.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
The announcement was bizarre for sure. I can't say I was skeptical, but it certainly came out of nowhere. At first, I was happy that Nintendo was showing of some new IP, and it was a multiplayer focused one. Needless to say, I thought the announcement was cool, but I certainly needed more time to see it.

Then about a year after the announcement, the game's release was quickly approaching. Sadly, I was not super hyped, but this was brand new IP from Nintendo, and it seemed to be well received, so I wanted to get it. I didn't participate in the global testfire, but the day it came out in the US, I got it. That night, I really dove into the multiplayer, and I really enjoyed it. At first, as much as I liked it, I never could imagine I would stay with the game for nearly a year, and still love it. I've played other online games, and shooters, so I wasn't brand new to the kind of game. But I never really stuck with one game, and I always preferred single player games to multiplayer ones, as I never was much for competitive gaming.

But after a few weeks, I just wanted to play nothing but Splatoon. And that's crazy to me. Soon weeks turned into months, and now months have turned into a year. Granted, as the year went on, other games came out, and I went back to replaying old games like usual. But, I always kept up with Splatoon, just not playing as much as I used to. The game's box has never been on the shelf yet with the other Wii U games, since I'm still playing it, even when I have had a few new Wii U games come and go. As of right now, I'm about 540ish hours into the game, based on my main and alt accounts. And despite the occasional frustration, or desire to move on, I just want to keep playing, because it's simply fun.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I first heard about it when I was waiting for the Smash Bros. 3DS/U announcement at E3 two years ago. Back then I was only mildly interested in the demo exhibit they had on the convention floor and was more focused on how Sakurai would handle the latest Smash installment. Otherwise, this game slipped my mind...

...At least until I caught wind of the Inkling "language" they had for background material. Like many people interested in language construction I was surprised they didn't go for straight Japanese/English text on the brand logos and the like and for one moment thought the devs actually hired someone to make a conlang (or at least pulled a Hylian cipher on us). Obviously this is no longer the case--they may have simply taken romaji, kana and kanji and deformed them to an alien appearance without any consideration for systematic patterns--but back then this sense of wonder led me to look more into the game. Soon, I was reading up on the official Tumblr about the modern lore of Inkopolis and wondering just what sort of TPS Nintendo would create. Then the Squid Research Lab Report came around and I began shifting focus from Smash to the then-new IP, culminating in having some genuine fun in the Global Testfires. That was when I decided I needed to pre-order the game. And so I was one of the first people in the international fanbase to start splatting it up. Eventually, I worked up the nerve to get an account here and discuss the game (especially the squid language omnipresent therein). To date this is the only shooter game I feel is worth playing, more so than the equally mold-breaking Overwatch.

One year later and while I don't play it as often due to work I still try to devote some time to it. Really, the only things I have left to accomplish are getting Level 50 and then possibly aiming for a shot at the higher ranks. That's not even getting into the spreadsheets I still keep for the Splatfests and my personal ink armory and wardrobe.

The one thing I wish for nowadays is that NoA and/or NoE (especially the former) would promote the game just as much as Nintendo's main headquarters did in the home market; it would've kept the enthusiasm going for most of the initial international fanbase just like in the first few months after release. I say this since I noticed that outside of Squidboards not many people worldwide (especially among American fans) are still willing or able to keep up with the Japanese. After all, if the Top 100 lists for last Splatfest are anything to go by they definitely have us at their mercy. As for how they'd promote it, maybe the Squid Sisters could go on a long-promised world tour at some point. In any case I still enjoy the game and hope that the eventual sequel will actively, constantly engage the interest of the international fans just as much as this one does for Japan right now.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
At first I did not care for it at all. I did not buy at launch but I did buy before the first Splatfest. Now I got plushies (as seen in my avatar), the official art book, tons of official T-shirts and caps from places as the Nintendo NY store (formally known as Nintendo World Store), amiibo with the Squid Sisters amiibo preordered, and an official keychain I am importing from Japan.

Help. Or not.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
I first saw this game on youtube (how many games has it made me play now?) and at first I didn't understand anything. Then I started watching some videos (this was about 2 weeks after release) and I fell in love. I didn't play too much on my Wii U, and I decided to buy this game. And, as most people above, I immiditely fell in love. I didn't play ALL that much, like I was lvl 19 when 2.2.0 came out, but then I started really getting into the game. I started playing more ranked, tried to become better, and things like that. And waddyaknow, I'm still playing! Not as much as like 4 months ago, but still play atleast a hour a day(except when matchmaking decides to **** me, then I take a break). And, sheldon's picks vol 2, cmoncmoncmon.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I went on at length about this in my introduction thread, actually, but nobody read that, so... I was enamoured with Splatoon from when it was first hinted at that something very new was coming in E3 2014. Didn't have a Wii U, though, until my birthday last October; until then, I contented myself with watching Let's Plays, thanks to which I was a lot more prepared than most other people, going into the game. Good thing, too, as my very first online battle was a room full of Level 40~50 players (I think on Bluefin?). I rose through the ranks wayyy more rapidly than I would've expected, given my total lack of prior play on games of this sort, before plateauing at A+ for a while. That pleasant experience affirmed my love for Splatoon. It's a beautiful game.

I love Octo Valley: it's full of the most fantastically Nintendo level designs, with about half as many new ideas as stages. The backstory is subtle and unobtrusive, but gave me something to cling onto in my desire to obsess more strongly. Both taking it quickly and taking it slowly have their draws, so why not play through a few times?

I love Inkopolis Plaza: aside from the fact that there are no visible entrances or exits to the area (seriously, what's with that??), it builds on the feeling of being within a larger world and sets the scene for the bulk of the game. The focus on fashion came not too long after the success of another Nintendo series that tried that for the first time, namely Pokémon X & Y, and it's a delightfully shallow premise.

I love Inklings: I love all of the anthropomorphic invertebrates (plus fish) that inhabit this cartoony world that still expects to be taken seriously. Your avatar isn't hugely customisable (as I learned from a thread I recently made, frankly, no-one cares what your eye colour is other than possibly yourself) but still something totally different from anything available in online MK and Smash (I don't think Miis are allowed online in either game?).

I love online play: I love that, even if players won't notice your Inkling themselves, they'll notice your weapon, gear and playstyle. You can show the world your own interpretation of the game, and there's no wrong interpretation in such a fluid battle system, as long as it wins battles. Although it's important to know all of the paths, jumps and perches on a stage, it's invariably more important to know how to win a situation than to win a stage. Nobody is the 'best' at a stage in Splatoon.

I love that, regardless of what stages are on rotation (... well, couple of exceptions), whenever I see what I'll be playing, I'll always exclaim "oh, great, I love that map!": if I'm bad at it, I love the chance to prove to myself that I can be better, as the worse I am, the more room I have for improvement; if I'm good at it, I love the chance to prove my prowess to the rest of the world.

I love weapons: water guns, paintbrushes, buckets and a petrol pump are among the silly things that compose the hugely varied yet remarkably balanced roster that is Splatoon's arsenal. Thanks to the limited number of Subs and Specials, you can always have at least something to latch onto if you want to try a totally new weapon; particularly great is, as I've very recently learned for myself, discovering natural ability for a weapon you've never touched. More on personal expression!

I love ink and turfing: editing this in as I forgot such a crucial point. At no point does the game require you to defeat opponents to win. Taking out enemies is a tactic, nothing more; it's equivalently achieved by keeping cautious squids out of their range. The focus is, instead, on control of an objective - an item, a moving platform, a part of the stage or even the entire map. These are never possible if enemies are harassing you but, equally, they're impossible if you lack manoeuvrability across the map. Weapons aren't just a means to battle; they're also a mode of transport!

I love Splatoon!

Last edited:

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I can't believe how good it is.

I bought Splatoon even though I thought it looked pretty strange and not that great. I was unemployed and extremely bored, so it was a desperate attempt at filling in some time.

That was October... And I mean, wow. I have always loved video games but this is hands down my favourite.

Now I'm extremely busy but I make time to splat all the time. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted.

The game has so much personality, each match is different, squadding is AMAZING... It's just endlessly entertaining.

Yeha it's not perfect, losing lots of points for disconnecting is so frustrating but.... Wow.

<3

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I'm honestly shocked it's almost been a year since the game released. I was watching the E3 Digital Event when the trailer was shown, and the opening was done in a such a clever and unique way, that I was immediately intrigued by whatever game it was. Of course it turned out to be a shooter, and I was taken completely by surprise, I didn't expect this genre of game to come from Nintendo, and certainly not in this format. It was a fun and quirky trailer, and it worked, what with the funky music and rapid gameplay shown. I was watching the Digital Event and really enjoyed watching the Splatoon segments, in fact, I don't overly remember the rest of that E3, since Splatoon really stole the show there. Admittedly I was still sitting on the fence about whether it was worth getting on launch, but playing in the 3rd Testfire immediately sold the game to me, and I ended up pre-ordering the Special Edition (Squid Amiibo bundle) for £40.

It's been worth every single penny and more, if not for this game, my Wii U would still generally be sitting there gathering dust in all honesty. I'm not into Smash, and MK8 was a disappointment and lacked the re-playability that MKWii had for me (heck, it's the reason I still play MKWii online through Wiimmfi, not so much as I did before Splatoon though). The only other games I own are things like NSMBU, DKCTF, SM3DW, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, Super Mario Maker and Sonic Transformed. 4 Platformers, 1 Sandbox Platformer, 1 Racer, 1 Puzzle/Strategy and 1 Multiplayer party title. None of these titles are really things you can play day in day out, as they're things that are finished once completed, except of course Transformed, which sadly doesn't have a great online population despite being more fun and feeling faster than MK8. Splatoon saved my Wii U from that oblivion, and I haven't looked back since. I know I ignored SMM there, but I've only played it twice, I do like the purpose of the game, but I really don't feel compelled to play it for extended periods of time.

The reason it feels so shocking is that I still remember back when it was just Turf War and we only had 5 maps: Urchin, Blackbelly, Walleye, Arowana and Saltspray. I also remember working to get to Level 10 to help contribute to the player count to unlock Ranked, and I remember how exciting it was when Nintendo announced that Ranked, Port Mackerel and the N-ZAP 85 were all coming around the 1st June. I also fell in love with Ranked as soon as I started playing Zones, but quickly ditched the Splattershot Jr. after performing poorly with it due to the range until eventually settling on the .52 Deco when it was a popular weapon. It's crazy to think that between the 29th May 2015 and today, we've gone from 5 to 16 maps, with all varying mechanics to them, we have countless new weapons thrown in, even getting the Slosher and Splatling class finished and added in August. We got so many gear updates, we had our rank limit increased to S+, our level to 50, Squad Battles and Private Battles, with the latter allowing competitive tournaments in Splatoon to finally get under way. Then there was also the addition of Tower Control and Rainmaker, and the extra 4 songs for the online OST, which was a nice touch.

I've also witnessed how much the competitive scene has changed, how weapons have gone in and out of fashion, which ones have always lingered, and how the gear and ability stacking has changed. We had the time of mobility abuse, respawn abuse, special abuse (Charge and Saver), and the Damage/Defence game, and now Ink Saver Sub is having its day with Burst Bombs and double Splat Bombs. Sheldon's Picks has also been a nice way to shake things up and add new weapons to give people new viable options of weapons that lacked in their sub and special offers. I can't wait for Volume 2, and I have a funny feeling we may be seeing another Ranked mode or 2 as well as 4 maps, taking the total to 20. Here's to another great year for Splatoon!

Reactions: Ulk

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
It's unbelievable how much fun it still is. I think adding free content over time did a lot to keep things fresh. Though the more I play this game, the more its flaws bug me, and the more I wish for... more. More stages, more ink colors, more clothes etc. The more I play it, the more it bugs me that this game gets quite monotonous at times. But despite that, I remain addicted to it.
It's also becoming less and less of the purely casual play that is about nothing but having fun. Back then I didn't mind wasting one main ability just to wear a gear I liked. Today I'm not even fine with a single sub-ability being useless. I cared very little about needing a good kill count and needing to be useful to the team. Nowadays I feel some kind of pressure of heaving to meet a standard fitting to my rank, and bad experiences also become very frustrating. That's me, at least.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I thought Splatoon looked interesting when I saw the E3 trailer, but I wasn't really super hyped about it at the time. All of the talk about Splatoon did lead me to take part in the pre-release testfire though. I liked that well enough, even if I struggled with the controls.

I didn't really think much about Splatoon until months later, when I was talking to a friend who was really into it. Around that time, Best Buy was selling Splatoon for $35 online as part of a Black Friday deal. Given how cheap it was and how much my friend liked it, I figured why not try it out.

I had some fun playing single player and turf war, especially when I started getting a handle on the controls. I decided to stay away from ranked though, figuring that it was going to be a Splatoon version of For Glory, something that didn't interest me much in Smash 4 because I'm neither good at games nor all that competitive. Then, after my friend urged me to play ranked because that was where all of the best modes were, I tried it out. It was a learning experience for sure (I quickly switched from the splat roller back to the jr. after struggling to splat anything), but I really enjoyed it. Soon after that, I was hooked. I really enjoy the teamwork in ranked and the feeling of accomplishment after ranking up is awesome. It's weird looking back at how reluctant I was to get into ranked and how much fun I had with it once I did. I never would have guessed that I would get invested in a competitive mode with rankings and stuff in a shooter of all things, but that's what happened.

Overall, I'd say the game is good, really good. It takes a lot for someone like me to get invested in a shooter at all, so I think the fact that I've gotten into the game as much as I have really goes to show how accessible it is. The community is a big part of that too. It's been nice to have so many people to chat and play Sploon with (at this point, most of the people on my friend list are people I've met because of Splatoon). The private battles I've been doing lately with people have also been a bunch of fun.

Long live Splatoon.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
It's weird looking back at how reluctant I was to get into ranked and how much fun I had with it once I did. I never would have guessed that I would get invested in a competitive mode with rankings and stuff in a shooter of all things, but that's what happened.
This is my feeling exactly. I'm a competitive Pokemon enthusiast, but I don't really participate. I'm okay at Smash but would never consider getting into the competitive scene. I'm garbage at traditional fighters, and no shooter has ever had lasting appeal to me. I only ever played Mario Kart Wii competitively (got 2 accounts up to 9999 VR, took 1st in two convention tourneys), but Mario Kart, while it can be competitive in a sense, isn't really structured to be a hugely competitive experience.

I just thought the sort of thing Splatoon offers never would be my cup of tea, but I'm eternally addicted and have no regrets. I love it. Haha

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Nowadays I feel some kind of pressure of heaving to meet a standard fitting to my rank, and bad experiences also become very frustrating. That's me, at least.
I know exactly what you mean. I don't know why but Splatoon has to be the most aggravating game I've ever played. It's fun but geez...

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I didn't pay very much attention to Splatoon in the beginning. I actually didn't get it until late August. I hadn't gotten it any sooner because it didn't really look fun to me. I had never been someone that was into shooter games so even though it was Nintendo, I didn't give it a real chance. But I heard a lot about it and watched some videos, so I decided to pick it up at Gamestop after a couple months.

I never would have guess that I would actually like it quite this much. I've always gotten bored of games fairly quickly and stopped playing them after a few months. Splatoon, however, has seen constant use since I got the game. It hasn't lost its luster or its fun factor. It's actually only grown a lot more fun as I got more involved in both the casual community and competitive community. :)

EBJustin

Full Squid
NNID
EBJustin
To be honest, I locked myself out from Splatoon until about August. I had a lot of friends who asked me if I was getting the game, but I wasn't. I didn't even know what genre the game belonged to until after it was released. I never looked at a trailer or any of that. I was uninterested in Splatoon because I was still playing Mario Kart Wii at the time with the custom servers and some Mario Kart 8. Then around late July to mid-August, my friends started talking about the game a lot more and some of them purchased the game. Eventually they convinced me to buy Splatoon because I wanted to give it a shot, with hardly any knowledge going into the game.

Once I purchased Splatoon, I became heavily addicted to the game because it contained a factor of fun like none other. As I continued to improve over the months, I really started to love the game more and enjoyed the amount of variety it provided, in addition to the DLC constantly being released. Without Splatoon, I honestly don't know what I would be doing. I would definitely be playing Mario Kart a lot more, but now it seems as if I'd be lost without Splatoon because it has made a big impact on my life, something I would have never expected. Now my clan has currently expanded into Splatoon and I plan on making it a clan for all play-styles and putting a lot of dedication into it to get the clan to grow in these coming months/the summer in particular. Splatoon is honestly a great game that I would recommend getting if you do not have it already. It's disappointing the Wii U didn't pick up as many sales as it could have, thus meaning Splatoon could have had a lot more purchases than it already has. i'll never look at Splatoon in a negative way again.

D3ku

Inkling
NNID
Lucias64
Like others have said, Splatoon was an interesting game that I did not plan on buying. I played during one of the testfires, but it was not enough to sell me the game. I finally caved in during July, because more content was promised, and I was bored with my Wii U. Long story short, I had a blast. This game is so addicting, I just cant stop playing it. Even when I thought I was done with the game, Nintendo released more content that brought me back every time. Splatoon alone has has made the Wii U worth owning IMO, because no other game on the system grabbed me like this one did. So much has changed in the past year, and I love it. I can't stop, and I won't stop playing this awesome game.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Now I feel pressured to make a really long essay about Splatoon.

What I'd really like is a Inklings v Octolings Splatfest to celebrate, but the timing is all wrong and it'll end up being in June. (Releasing Octos would be cool too)

I'm really glad I saw that E3 trailer for Splatoon. I'm permanently a squid kid.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Started playing end of January/beginning of February when I bought a discounted Wii U bundle. It was on "at least a dozen long play games that'll make me actually buy a Wii U" list. Better than expected. Somehow found my way here. Been trapped ever since. Please send help. Or at least bring me takeout.

And with the one year anniversary arriving, I've been peeking at some old videos of the game. Test fires and first months of release. Ouch! o.<

You folks... you folks were interesting to watch in those early months. And I can see why so many people felt so many things, especially rollers, were OP and the Japanese were all powerful or lag monsters. So much sadistic comedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom