• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So we now know the apartment map is called 'Flounder Heights'

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
At
0:37 we see the name for the map shown in the trailer for the August 5th update.

A fitting name for all the vertical surfaces and high vantage points/plateaus as well as fitting for a suburban apartment block.
Wasn't there a second teased stage in the same trailer? Has anyone found its name yet?

SGM

Inkster Jr.
NNID
UltimateBlast
Remember when GameXplain leaked Flat Zone X on accident? Seems to be a repeat of that. Besides that, the map looks like it has a ton of levels, just like one unused map from E3 2014.

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
Remember when GameXplain leaked Flat Zone X on accident? Seems to be a repeat of that. Besides that, the map looks like it has a ton of levels, just like one unused map from E3 2014.
They leaked Flat Zone X?

SGM

Inkster Jr.
NNID
UltimateBlast
They did a video for Events for Super Smash Bros., but one second of footage showed the original Flat Zone, which they cut out soon enough. However, it stayed for the timestamps.

I have no idea how that one slipped by.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
They did a video for Events for Super Smash Bros., but one second of footage showed the original Flat Zone, which they cut out soon enough. However, it stayed for the timestamps.

I have no idea how that one slipped by.
They are in a rush to put content up from preview events because everyone will be dumping that info at the same time. Remember they make money off of views so the earlier you can post it, the better. Plus I have seen on man podcasts and videos where embargoes were broken and they fixed it in editing (before it went up so they beep it out or cut it) but it is hard to keep track of them all the time I am sure.

Reactions: SGM

SGM

Inkster Jr.
NNID
UltimateBlast
Yeah, mistakes are quite easy to make if you're under that pressure. I once watched this pre-release Mario Kart 8 stream where a guy streamed it for thirty minutes instead of fifteen minutes. Things slip through the cracks sometimes.

We're probably veering right off-topic now, so yeah...

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah, mistakes are quite easy to make if you're under that pressure. I once watched this pre-release Mario Kart 8 stream where a guy streamed it for thirty minutes instead of fifteen minutes. Things slip through the cracks sometimes.

We're probably veering right off-topic now, so yeah...
Another example would be that one pre-release Splatoon stream where the guy accidentally showed off DJ Octavio in his snowglobe and the floating credits board. It happens all the time I guess.

Reactions: SGM

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
probably a few more. I think Nintendo will stop at about 20 and we are at 10 now. 20 because it's a nice number but also because I can't think of many more areas to splat in (but Nintedo's creative so don't worry about it) and because at that point if there are any more it may take quite awhile (like two days) before we see a certain map again.

Edit: 15, 15 is a much more manageable number, not 20. 20 is a lot.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Nice.

Of course, this now begs the question - how many more maps will there be after this? We've already gotten a lot, and it must, unfortunately, come to an end.
Back in the Splatoon direct, we saw all the maps we have today plus 6 question marks. So it looks like there will be 14 maps in total.
I was just going to say this- At least two more. I do think we could get a third one maybe as an extra surprise and last update? It could take place in octo valley and use some more assets from the single player and maybe that would be a good time for possible playable octolings?

I would've thought Flounder Heights would have a similar function to the map with the Elevator type function (It's name evades me at the moment...) because of it seems to look like an apartment building. I also thought that it would have multiple floors, (Like the map who's name evades me...) Because, again, it's an apartment complex. But those are just my educated assumptions.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I would've thought Flounder Heights would have a similar function to the map with the Elevator type function (It's name evades me at the moment...) because of it seems to look like an apartment building. I also thought that it would have multiple floors, (Like the map who's name evades me...) Because, again, it's an apartment complex. But those are just my educated assumptions.
It seems like the tall vertical surfaces are all inkable except for the windows. Also I think you are talking about Saltspray Rig's elevators and Moray Tower's floors.

It seems like the tall vertical surfaces are all inkable except for the windows. Also I think you are talking about Saltspray Rig's elevators and Moray Tower's floors.
Actually I was thinking of Saltspray Rig the whole time. I was pointing out the elevators and the function the Saltspray Rig has 2 "floors" to control. If you don't get it, then i mean how the elevators carry you up and down, so there has to be multiple floors.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Actually I was thinking of Saltspray Rig the whole time. I was pointing out the elevators and the function the Saltspray Rig has 2 "floors" to control. If you don't get it, then i mean how the elevators carry you up and down, so there has to be multiple floors.
Hmm- except this one seems to have no falling/water hazards and seems to have a more open area to fight in instead of roller-sized pathways. The different 'floors' does seem to be a thing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom