• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

So what are you gonna do first thing?

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
Myself? I'll start by playing online a bit, just to get a kick start. Then go into 1P mode for a bit (probably clearing the first area). And then back and forth between online and 1P from there.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Poke around. Check out all the shops, cause even if they aren't usable immediately they have unique dialogue for newbies. I'll be taking my time with everything, this game's gonna eat at least half a year of my life so there's no need to hurry :P

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Single Player, Single Player, Single Player.

I know, I will be eager to play online...but as a rule of thumb for me personally, I like to train offline to get used to the games controls/gimmicks before going around online. I don't care that I've played the first game and have experience from that- the game will still feel different. Even with the weight of the Switch controllers vs the large bulky Wii U Gamepad, Small things like that can throw a person off for a little while untill they readjust.

Either way, should be some good rewards for playing Single player that can be used Online. I wont beat Single Player right away though, no. Just using it as a stepping stone.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Whatever is the fastest way to unlock all the weapons. I hate being stuck with the vanilla weapons for too long, I get the urge to switch things up all the time.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Wind down, take a shower, feel the freshest.

Me: You got the game, marvel all in it's glory.

@ZEROrevive, and me are thinking on the same idea. Play some rounds of first player to get used to all the gimmicks and new controls. Immerse in the new hub world, and check everything out that there is to be. I know I am definitely going to try the amiibo challenges first hand, and get some of the attire for sure.

I know I am going to be wanting to style up my squid in a new hairdo, buy pants, yes, pants. The best darn pants my squid shall be wearing.

One thing I am going to not miss: Moe telling me I am not fresh. Wait, I mean, all the stores issuing that I am not fresh. HEY WHAT GIVES?

After all that, I know I will do the Salmon Run later. That mode I've been anticipating a LOT.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I took the friday/saturday off work, so I decided friday is gonna be feet wetting day. Pick up late Thursday, play a mission or 2 single player, spend all day Friday beating the campaign, see what I can do about customizing my inkling girl how I want (I am pretty excited about flip flops/barefoot options) and exploring the shop...then Saturday and onward, I will probably play the heck out of Salmon Run and rarely step into a PvP style match.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I took the friday/saturday off work, so I decided friday is gonna be feet wetting day. Pick up late Thursday, play a mission or 2 single player, spend all day Friday beating the campaign, see what I can do about customizing my inkling girl how I want (I am pretty excited about flip flops/barefoot options) and exploring the shop...then Saturday and onward, I will probably play the heck out of Salmon Run and rarely step into a PvP style match.
Considering it's been stated that Salmon Run isn't going to be available on a regular basis like other modes, you're kinda setting yourself up for disappointment.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
1. I do not recall it being said ANYWHERE that salmon run wouldn't be permanent.
2. Nintendo would be VERY foolish if that was the case and
3. IF that were the case, I do not think it would take long for them to realize plenty of newcomers and veterans alike want it permanent, and it would be made so.

Edit: Seems LOCALLY you can play it whenever, but online is "certain time slots" whatever that means. I refer to point 3...I can't imagine that would last. I think the demand will be too high for Nintendo to miss out on.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That's a lot of assumptions on your part considering what we know currently. The developers said it was "more often than Splatfests", which were weeks apart. Eh, whatever floats your boat, just be ready for the possibility of Salmon Run only being available sporadically. The main focus is still turf war and ranked.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'll be itching to play a good chunk of single player, but I'll be sure to hop online in my first session for a few matches at least. I definitely want to be totally ready with the controls before going online. I still have to get used to the new jump button placement, something the test fire messed me up with.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Nintendo is better than most companies at listening to consumer demand. If it isn't permanent at first, I think and hope it will be. Well, I still like the game enough to stomach turf wars, but have zero desire for ranked. Perhaps I will find plenty of replayability in jumping into old levels with new gear/weapons too. I am sure I will get my $60 worth at any rate.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Nintendo is better than most companies at listening to consumer demand. If it isn't permanent at first, I think and hope it will be. Well, I still like the game enough to stomach turf wars, but have zero desire for ranked. Perhaps I will find plenty of replayability in jumping into old levels with new gear/weapons too. I am sure I will get my $60 worth at any rate.
Single player content is locked to specific gear and weapons in the first game, it's a safe assumption that the sequel's hero mode will work similarly for the most part. If Salmon Run does become a regular mode, it probably won't do so for a good year. There's no voice chat in random matches so there's no "ego" to run into. Just my two cents, you're spending 60 dollars on this, may as well at least try the full package.

dylan_not_bob

Stardust Crusquider
Yeah, I'll probably try and power through the single player ASAP to unlock any weapons, gear etc. before jumping into multi. I'm hoping to get the weekend off and do a full 24-hour stream on release day!

Krak Rex

Inkster Jr.
I am going to play 1p first to get all the 1p items so i can focus on online and maybe fin a team

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
Check out the plaza area, and then off to single player mode to familiarize myself with the controls. Ideally, I want to play with a pro controller, which I didn't test out during the test-fire (only did handheld mode), so I need to practice with that. After beating the first couple of levels or first boss, I'll jump to online mode and work on leveling up.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Aside from immediately customizing hair and pants?
I have no clue, so many new things!

Plus I'll more than likely be part of a mini launch party...
We have not decided on anything, but I'm guessing we'll play some turf wars until we unlock Salmon run, then play it amongst the 4 of us =p

If the launch party doesn;t happen?
Probably still salmon run (except online, assuming it is available at launch)
otherwise... *shrug*

@OogieBoogie
Just saw you talking about salmon, run. These are the only two solid articles I've found regarding it. It sounds like you mighta already found these, but I feel like sharing anyways
Squid research lab tumblr says only during online events
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/161824418194/in-splatoon-2-there-are-two-ways-to-play-salmon

Game informer interview with producer Nogami and lead programmer Sato
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...erse-and-lessons-learned-from-splatoon-1.aspx
They say lvl 4 requirement, no mention of specific times for online play

I am so confused
*Pulled this post from the salmon run thread
WAIT nvm I just saw that you posted on the salmon run thread, ^_^;;

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Aside from immediately customizing hair and pants?
I have no clue, so many new things!

Plus I'll more than likely be part of a mini launch party...
We have not decided on anything, but I'm guessing we'll play some turf wars until we unlock Salmon run, then play it amongst the 4 of us =p

If the launch party doesn;t happen?
Probably still salmon run (except online, assuming it is available at launch)
otherwise... *shrug*

@OogieBoogie
Just saw you talking about salmon, run. These are the only two solid articles I've found regarding it. It sounds like you mighta already found these, but I feel like sharing anyways

*Pulled this post from the salmon run thread
WAIT nvm I just saw that you posted on the salmon run thread, ^_^;;
I have already started accepting that I won't be able to play SR all the time like I originally wanted, and the more I know I can do in Splatoon 2, the more I realize it's okay. As you said, customizing my inkling to perfection will be fun. I think I will challenge myself to beat every level with every weapon. SR when I can...and yeah...dabble in turf wars =P I know I will enjoy this game ultimately.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Aaaaand if you're looking for more of a challenge from single player like myself
you can always ignore the power egg weapon upgrades. It was a tad more engaging on a second playthrough on Splat 1, only spending eggs to unlock the other bombs and never boosting the tank capacity, fire rate, etc..
So it should be slightly more engaging doing so in Splatoon 2, on my first playthrough, when I don't have a recollection of each level =p

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
I'm gonna play story mode completely before I jump into multiplayer. (: Unless they announce a salmon run date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom