• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So, what do you think of Splatoon character skins?

EngageSquid

Inkling
NNID
WeegeeUser
As in stuff like, Blooper. (White hair, white pupils, darker squid mask, hair is a lighter color of its original self in teams).
Tentacruel (Blue hair with red highlights, darker squid mask, darker iris, in teams, highlights change color too).
Omanyte (Brownish shade of hair with blue highlights, lighter colored eyes, a grey squid mask, hair is a bit darker shade of itself in teams.)

How's this sound?

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
It would certainly be a fun addition, though it'd likely be in the form of equipment and themed hats. I would adore looking like a Tentacruel.

Reactions: Lyn

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Maybe the amiibos can add some costumes/skins like you suggested? Mario amiibo gets you the white blooper while Pikachu gets you the Tentacruel and etc?
EDIT- Like this?

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Those all sound really cool! I imagine Nintendo has a lot more outfits and skins they haven't shown off.

Honestly I want alternate hairstyles more than anything, but I don't see it happening. :(

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Maybe the amiibos can add some costumes/skins like you suggested? Mario amiibo gets you the white blooper while Pikachu gets you the Tentacruel and etc?
EDIT- Like this?
Yeah, no thanks. Locking even more content behind amiibo would be awful.

Aura

Infiltrator
I agree with @Reila, locking content behind Amiibo figures as is was, in my opinion, a bad idea. Sure, the Amiibos look nice, but if I'm getting it just for the content it unlocks, that's a waste of cash. How much is an Amiibo now? I forget.

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
EDIT- Like this?
I would murder a man to have this ingame

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Yeah, no thanks. Locking even more content behind amiibo would be awful.
I agree with @Reila, locking content behind Amiibo figures as is was, in my opinion, a bad idea. Sure, the Amiibos look nice, but if I'm getting it just for the content it unlocks, that's a waste of cash. How much is an Amiibo now? I forget.
No, I wouldnt think so. Being able to use the same amiibo over and over again to unlock content isnt a bad idea at all. I mean, I already bought the figure, so I dont have to pay more money to unlock content, because I already own it. The Link amiibo has given me use ine 3 games so far, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros. Amiibos may not seem like much right now, buts thats because Nintendo still has to make games that are compatible and make extra tidbits for them. Say what you want, but paying once and receiving rewards in multiple games seems like a good idea to me.

Aura

Infiltrator
No, I wouldnt think so. Being able to use the same amiibo over and over again to unlock content isnt a bad idea at all. I mean, I already bought the figure, so I dont have to pay more money to unlock content, because I already own it. The Link amiibo has given me use ine 3 games so far, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros. Amiibos may not seem like much right now, buts thats because Nintendo still has to make games that are compatible and make extra tidbits for them. Say what you want, but paying once and receiving rewards in multiple games seems like a good idea to me.
That's if you desire the benifits from the other games. Again, what are you willing to pay? It's about money to me and Amiibos are costly (Here they are anyways) and you might look at one's content and say, "I want it" but it's costly. Now, if you were wanting items from multiple games, then it's worth it.

Lol... I say that, but I have a GameStop card with fourty-five bucks on it saved for the Splatoon 3-pack Amiibo collection. Lol

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
That's if you desire the benifits from the other games. Again, what are you willing to pay? It's about money to me and Amiibos are costly (Here they are anyways) and you might look at one's content and say, "I want it" but it's costly. Now, if you were wanting items from multiple games, then it's worth it.

Lol... I say that, but I have a GameStop card with fourty-five bucks on it saved for the Splatoon 3-pack Amiibo collection. Lol
Haha, I like you XD

I do plan on getting several games (I have 10 amiibos and 2 more coming) so that I can put those amiibos to good use. Im also getting Splatoon for free, so Im not too strained for money :D

Sayaka

Inkling
NNID
SoupLauncher
I just hope they don't add stats to the skins, like +5% HP or anything. Games have attempted to to things like that, and it usually just makes it Pay to Win. The only exception is when the cosmetics also have negative stats as well, balancing it out.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
I just hope they don't add stats to the skins, like +5% HP or anything. Games have attempted to to things like that, and it usually just makes it Pay to Win. The only exception is when the cosmetics also have negative stats as well, balancing it out.
The clothing does have stat changes, but there are also negative effects that go along with it, so itll be fine.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I wouldn't mind it, to be honest. Skins shouldn't add any stats, they should be purely aesthetic changes. I think that Tentacruel one posted above is really something. Things like taht would be so cool. I don't see the devs adding any to the game, but it wouldn't hurt.

I would actually like some more colour combinations. Black and white would be cool to see, but they're not very colourful so I can't imagine those colours will be added. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think red has been used yet so that could be paired up with something. Dark green? A light purple? I'm not sure what would work with it but I'd like to see a big variety of colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom