• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Some of my better videos

Relados

Senior Squid
Around the beginning of this year I started a channel for random game playthroughs just for giggles, and after a while I decided to get a capture card so I could upload Smash 4 footage. After I realized I wasn't good enough at Smash for my videos to be noteworthy, my capture card gathered some dust until I put up some Splatoon footage, which ended up being a lot more popular, nothing big but at least putting me on the map.

A lot of people liked one of my earliest charger matches back when I was C+ and when Tower Control was brand new. A while after I got some generic footage of all the stages out of the way, I started putting up my more interesting matches, like killstreaking with the L3 Nozzlenose, or winning Rainmaker in half a minute with pacifism, or just putting up a bunch of more awkward splats and deaths.

I'm constantly afraid of losing ranking, since I don't play squads or save scum, and I suffer from random teammate incompetence or absence, so I end up playing Turf War more than the ranked modes. Because of this, I like posting compilation videos of great moments, since in most of my full matches I spend a good chunk of time gathering turf instead of being exciting. Here's my most recent one, which features a lot of charger footage (my previous two feature a lot of roller clips, while my first is primarily shooters):

Eventually I'll get some friends together for squad battling, so I can get more Tower Control and Rainmaker footage that I'm lacking.

Nin404

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7673-7485-2697
pretty cool vids
its nice to see some actuly good chargers around

Nin404

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7673-7485-2697
do you perfer the splaterscope or the kelp splaterscope

Relados

Senior Squid
I prefer the Splatterscope nowadays - at first I was a big fan of the Kelp, since I figured the Sprinkler would make up for the worse coverage potential of chargers, but sometime between my earlier charger videos and my later ones I played a Splat Charger who was incredibly good at grenade placement, even at close range, and since then I've been trying to emulate that style of play.

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
I really like your videos and I hope you can get a squad to play ranked with.

Relados

Senior Squid
Strange how you don't use motion controls.
Yeah, I get that a lot. My hands are not very steady and I get flustered trying to keep the gamepad steady while also maneuvering around, and since I'm used to playing shooters on other consoles I'm much more familiar aiming with a control stick.

I've tried motion a few times, and, when I really put forth the effort, it does improve my aiming, but it makes me far worse at positional play, since I have trouble moving the camera where I want it while swimming around.

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
How do you do that thing against enemy krakens? I can ususally splat enemies within a few seconds after running out (I've had some yugo moments doing this) but here you press zr before they run out and kill them after the shot goes through. Do you know how many special duration ups they have, from earlier in the match, or do you just assume they have none and roll with it?

Relados

Senior Squid
For stuff like this, I always assume they aren't running special duration up - most people usually don't. From then on, it's just knowing how the timing works - Kraken lasts almost 7 seconds without extension, but since the transformation is usually lagged a bit it appears to last about 6 from my eyes, so I start my flick right when I know it'll come down right on the 6 second mark, because they'll have just transformed back at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom