• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Someone hacked more hairstyles into the game.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm pretty sure those are just edited pictures, and these have been discussed elsewhere. I'll reiterate my opinion - these are fake or unused because they're impractical, a lot of headgear would remove that fancy hair and there would be massive, horrible clipping issues.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I'm pretty sure those are just edited pictures, and these have been discussed elsewhere. I'll reiterate my opinion - these are fake or unused because they're impractical, a lot of headgear would remove that fancy hair and there would be massive, horrible clipping issues.
Oh really?

Sorry. I didn't see anyone post them here so I thought I would post to share this information.

But you do have a point in the clipping issue.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Oh really?

Sorry. I didn't see anyone post them here so I thought I would post to share this information.

But you do have a point in the clipping issue.
No worries, you're fine :)

snerple

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4557-0339-0307
All of them look pretty good. The game could use more customization options... Here's hoping to see some hairstyles like this, and a couple more options for pants, in a future update.

Last edited:

ClaireRae

Inkling
NNID
ClaireRae
These are so cute! I can see clipping issues with the first two, but the second two (on the top of the head) are similar to the hairstyles we already have. Obviously edited, but adorable nonetheless!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Those are just decent photoshop. I'd love more hairstyles, but yeah, the Switch doesn't have any public exploits yet and it's even farther before people would be able to edit stuff like that.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I've said this before, but am I the only one who's upset that all the hairstyles they added for Splatoon 2 make the tentacles change size and position? You'd think that the tentacles on an inklings head are unable to change position, given that the original hairstyle for the inkling boy is clearly supposed to be the girl's tied back. Granted, there's not much you could do with hair other than having the girl's hair tied back, and the boys untied (the girl's tentacles are clearly longer, and she has bangs).

The pants situation annoys me even more though. Nintendo clearly heard people wanted pants customization, but instead of implementing them just like headwear, shirts, and shoes, they half-***** it. Just to make it even dumber then, they made pants exclusive to different genders, probably just to differentiate the genders, which gets me to my next point.

I'm not looking to get into gender politics, but I really feel they should have just made inklings androgynous. Other than hair and pants, (both of which people have complained they can't borrow from the other gender) the only difference between the inkling boy and girl is that the boy has bigger eyebrows, while the girl has a bigger butt.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Nintendo clearly heard people wanted pants customization, but instead of implementing them just like headwear, shirts, and shoes, they half-***** it.
To be blunt, I would rather not put up with another four slots of abilities just because pants are a thing. I prefer them just being a cosmetic thing, but more variety in that department could've been nice.

Also voice clips are a thing, don't forget about that.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I would have prefered if abilities weren't tied to clothes above all else.

And yeah... I forgot about the voice samples.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
Oh man, that third one is the hairstyle of my dreams! I really hope something like that becomes an actual in game thing, as well as the others!

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
And the animations. You don't see the inkling boy swaying his hips like that.

I'm glad they added pants, but the pants options are pretty ugly. The drab gray skirt isn't doing anyone any favors. They should have had color/pattern options that match the colorful outfits better.

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999

These edited hairstyles look so cool! I'm so jealous they're not in the actual game.
I love the first one, it's super pretty

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
And the animations. You don't see the inkling boy swaying his hips like that.
I'm really not even sure why they made the girl sway her hips so much. I've been through middle school and am currently a senior in high school, and I've never met a girl with hip motions that exaggerated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom