• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Someone please help! Error code 101-0502

Bunnii

Inkling
NNID
NinjaBunnii99
Hi,

Hopefully someone can finally assist me in resolving this problem but I've been trying for about 2 days now. I've been wanting and trying to play online on Splatoon and I kept on getting the error message 101-0502 and am unable to connect online at all.

I already checked my internet connection on the Wii U and I'm connected perfectly fine. I can access Netflix, the internet browser, Nintendo eShop, and Miiverse with no problem.

My internet provider is XFINITY Comcast and I use their designated router/modem combo. Someone please help, I've already spoken with several representatives and they are of no help. I doubt their is a problem with the server as my friend who wanted to play a game with me can connect perfectly fine.

I purchased my Wii U during Black Friday and I have no other games besides Splatoon.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Try restarting your router. Besides that, make sure your Wifi connection is stable and not congested by other activities that may be making it difficult for your Wii U to connect.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
This happens to me sometimes as well. Sometimes randomly during a match. Very frustrating.

I usually start with trying to post something on Miiverse, as that proves the connection works. If that doesn't work, or I continue to have problems I restart my Wii and that typically works.

That's all I've got; GOOD LUCK!

Bunnii

Inkling
NNID
NinjaBunnii99
Thanks, but my problem is that when I start the game I'm unable to connect at all. Like I do not see the Callie and Marie news time and when I go to the lobby it gives me the error message 101-0502. I've been having this problem for about a week now. I've resetted my router several times as well as delete and re-add the internet connection on the Wii U. Not to mention, setting up my Wii U directly right next to the router connected to a monitor and still no luck. I'm just gonna guess this has something to do with Comcast which sucks major balls. Sorry for my language but this is extremely infuriating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom