• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sonic Mania

Hyped?

• Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Where is Sonic Adventure 3?

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack

I'm just super hyped for this, I feel like I'm 10 again. :V

It's a good thing they got Christian Whitehead on the project, known for making near perfect identical ports of Sonic 1 and 2 on IOS/Android and the re-release of Sonic CD on multiple consoles.

EDIT: Oh right and a trailer to what looks like Sonic Generations 2.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I've never been a huge sonic fan. Either way, I suppose I could watch playthroughs of it if I get a chance and it's actually decent.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If the quality is anything like the cringe-inducing livestream they announced it at, then I'll pass this by without a second thought.

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
If the quality is anything like the cringe-inducing livestream they announced it at, then I'll pass this by without a second thought.
I'm glad I didn't watch the stream :V or even heard about it.

7:48 lol

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
a part of me wants both sonic mania and... "project sonic"/"sonic 2017"/"Sonic 'No We Swear It's NOT Generations 2' Generations 2"/whatever to be good, but the other dark, sinister part of me wants both games to be nothing but obnoxious advertisements for totino's products

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
Sonic mania looks amazing and is done by people who have a track record for great quality in their ports and such so i have great faith in it. The other one i'm very unsure of what to think on it. On one hand, sonic generations was amazing. On the otherhand.. this apparently isn't sonic generations 2 and has a great looking but somwhat grittier than the norm trailer.. ..just like sonic 06 did XD

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Sonic mania looks amazing and is done by people who have a track record for great quality in their ports and such so i have great faith in it. The other one i'm very unsure of what to think on it. On one hand, sonic generations was amazing. On the otherhand.. this apparently isn't sonic generations 2 and has a great looking but somwhat grittier than the norm trailer.. ..just like sonic 06 did XD
As someone who hated Sonic 06 before I played it and hated it three times as much after beating the entire game (sans most of the side quests because FORGET THAT)....

I'd be down with another Sonic 06 lmao
let's keep that sonic cycle going

Okay real talk, I always found the idea of a remake/reimagining of Sonic 06 interesting. Like, they were very confident when that game was first revealed. I'd like for every good part of the original vision to come back. That is, the intended level design and gameplay mechanics. I can do without Sonic x Elise exposition

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
^I'd be cool with having a crystal demon hedgehog badguy again. like.. realtalk dan green the hedgehog's true form design was great IMO whilst pretty much everything else but the music was retarded
Also speaking of music.. i don't care if the game is bad or good anymore, i just really hope crush 40 does the main theme for the new modern style game again damnit!

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
^I'd be cool with having a crystal demon hedgehog badguy again. like.. realtalk dan green the hedgehog's true form design was great IMO whilst pretty much everything else but the music was retarded
Also speaking of music.. i don't care if the game is bad or good anymore, i just really hope crush 40 does the main theme for the new modern style game again damnit!

for the sake of "innovation" i want a really really good sonic game that stands the test of time but with a soundtrack that is comparable to Yoshi's New Island

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
for the sake of "innovation" i want a really really good sonic game that stands the test of time but with a soundtrack that is comparable to Yoshi's New Island

It has a Sonic CD vibe to it actually :V er Mania does.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I-is Sega...actually listening to what their fans want??? Have I stepped into another dimension?

But for real, I've already purchased one ticket for the Hype Train. Sonic 2 is one of the two video games I often consider having been the first games I ever played (Super Mario Bros. 3 being the other), so this definitely brings back warm fuzzy feelings. Though this definitely has more of a Sonic CD vibe...regardless, can't wait for it to launch! Hopefully I'll have a PC by that point

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
They caught me off-guard with these. I forgot there was supposed to be something this month.

Anyway, Sonic Mania. That looks pretty cool so far. Digging how it seems to be like CD in tone and S3K in scale; those being two of my favorite Sonic games from that time, I'm sure I'll get a kick out of it. Although I can't help but groan whenever people try to pull the "This is the real Sonic 4" card on it. All things about that game aside, such a statement just reeks of giving Mania the same high expectations that S4 had. Now if only it came out for the Wii U...

The new 3D game also has my attention. I'm guessing it's not necessarily Generations 2 or even Generations Next, but simply a game set in Generations's timeline/universe. A bleaker setting? I can roll with that, especially since that's kinda what they were going for with Lost World. All there is to do now is wait for actual gameplay to see what it's supposed to be, whether a continuation of an old formula or something new again.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
They should've called it Sonic Buzz amirite :P

G

girigiriHERO

This trailer brought a single tear to my eye, I couldn't believe it. I never touched Episode 4, but I've always loved the classic series (1, 2, 3, S&K) and even have fond memories of 3D Blast on the Mega Drive (DON'T HATE!). If this is anything like the originals, I'll be one happy person.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You heard it here folks, girigiriHERO enjoys grabbing birds and throwing them into rings!

G

girigiriHERO

You heard it here folks, girigiriHERO enjoys grabbing birds and throwing them into rings!
I have no idea why, but I have vivid memories of 3D Blast down to the time of year, where I was, and what was happening at the time (nothing out of the norm). It's extremely strange as I don't remember anything else like that with any other game, so it holds a special place in my heart because there must be something about it...and who doesn't love throwing cute little birds in to rings?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I have no idea why, but I have vivid memories of 3D Blast down to the time of year, where I was, and what was happening at the time (nothing out of the norm). It's extremely strange as I don't remember anything else like that with any other game, so it holds a special place in my heart because there must be something about it...and who doesn't love throwing cute little birds in to rings?
Sounds like me and my memories of Super Mario Land, so I can definitely relate. That was the best Christmas ever.

And yeah, 3D Blast is by no means bad, just really, really odd compared to other Sonic games even since then.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I have no input myself (loved the Sonic Adventure games but am otherwise out of the loop), but here's a fun take on the announcements:

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack

Anyone curious about the dev team working on Sonic Mania might wanna check this vid out. :V

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom