• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Special Weapon Ideas?

Chiro

Inkster Jr.
The title says it all, think about every special you can imagine. Even through it will never come, it is still nice to share your thoughts

Full Power-Up: Increases some abilities to the max(example Swim speed up fully stacked) for a short period of time(This 'Special' is at Battle Dojo)

Ink Cannon: (Pretty much the Ink Cannon from the story) You will create a cannon made under your feet. And you are able to shoot 5 missles before the 'special' ends, you need to aim and press ZR where to shoot these missles(similar like controlling Inkstrike) The blast radius of the missle is similar to that from the Splat Bomb but a little bit larger. You are able to one shot opponents, only the missles travel very slow(slower than Inkstrike) Just be aware the cannon can explode when it gets shooted by opponent ink, then you are splatted.

Disruptor Bomb Rush: Similar to every bomb rush, but throws disruptors

What are your ideas? Post them in the thread!

dukevin

Senior Squid
NNID
dukevin
A hose that sprays ink. Has range and damage and spreads ink very well. It can cover massive ground in short time but only lasts a few seconds.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Multinkstrike: A missile-launcher that can fire multiple missiles, which cover about 1/2 the area of a regular Inkstrike. The missiles fire faster than a regular Inkstrike, and can be fired until you run out of Special (firing works like firing an Inkstrike, tap a spot on the Gamepad), but you can only move slowly, like when you move with an Inkstrike out, and you can't squid until the Multinkstrike ends.

Mega Bomb: Works like a Burst/Splat/Suction Bomb/Sprinkler (depends on which sub you have), but larger and more powerful, and with a larger explosion. Is thrown immediately on activation. The Burst Bomb would be a 1-shot splat with a direct hit, and do enough damage to 2-shot otherwise; the Sprinkler's shots would be a 2-shot splat normally, and would have increased range compared to a regular Sprinkler (due to the increased size).

Total Refill: Refills your ink tank, as well as your entire team's tanks.

Splash Wall Bomb Rush: I'm sure it would see some niche use of some kind.

Reflector: Prevents you from entering squid form until it runs out, but grants a shield that reflects bullets (turning them into your team's ink, so they can damage enemies and spread your team's ink on the ground and walls). Runs out significantly faster than most Specials, and takes a while to build up.

Ink Coat: Makes your Inkling cover the ground and walls in ink just by touching them, allowing for things like swimming up walls. Essentially a Kraken that trades invincibility for keeping your weapons while activated, and would take a bit longer to charge up.

Here are a few Special ideas. Thoughts?

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
Tidal Wave: Creates a massive wave of ink that travels slowly in the direction the user faces upon using it that covers everything it touches with ink as well as one-hitting enemies.

Infinity Jump: Allows the player to super jump anywhere on the map that is usually accessible by your team. Upon landing, the user will create an AoE that damages enemies. A marker will show up on the landing point regardless of whether the user has Stealth Jump or not.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
Infinity Jump: Allows the player to super jump anywhere on the map that is usually accessible by your team. Upon landing, the user will create an AoE that damages enemies. A marker will show up on the landing point regardless of whether the user has Stealth Jump or not.
Ohhohoho I like that idea. I may adapt it in the future

@ILikeKirbys you have some good ideas too! But too many for me to talk about on my phone. I'll have to wait till I'm home.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Tidal Wave: Creates a massive wave of ink that travels slowly in the direction the user faces upon using it that covers everything it touches with ink as well as one-hitting enemies.
Sounds nice, like a Rainmaker but usable in other modes (and better).

Sounds pretty useful, though mostly with a bunch of Quick Super Jumps and Special Duration Ups to get more jumps (though even without that, SUPERJUMP ANYWHERE is still really useful).

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
Blackout: Prevents the other team from viewing the map on their gamepads.

Satellite Strike: Fires some kind of attack at all members of the enemy team. I don't know what it will be yet, but it will be easy to dodge. Not that it doesn't have the potential to catch people off guard, though.

Inkball Barrage: Summons a lot of ink balls (Like the thing that the second boss in the single player does) that ricochet off of walls, but shrink over time and disappear after a short time and can be shot by enemies to make them disappear faster.

Bass Drop: Drops the bass, creating a large AoE attack that knocks enemies back very far, and fires some shots of ink. Yes, I had DJ Octavio in mind.

Ink Fountain: User temporarily shoots out ink like a sprinkler, but with a higher fire rate, and more range and damage.

Glitch

Inkling
I҉n͢k ̷Ship͜,͠ ҉a͏ ̡mo̧v͟e͏ ҉t͏h͜a͠t̀ ̶ac͟ts ̸a̷s̕ ͡a s͜mal҉l s͢h͟ip boarded by the̵ ͢u҉s͏e̕r.̴ ̡The͜ ͞m͏o̕ve̶ st̕r̕eaks ͏p͞ąi̧n̕t àcr̡ośs̀ a str͏aig̶ht ̨ļi̧ne for ͟8 s̡econ̴ds̵. ̢The̷ us҉er i̡s̕ ͏al̸so im͢m̸u͡ne͠ to̸ at͘t̶a̧c̕k͡ ͏ẁhil̕e̡ ̧usi͜ng͏ ͘th̨is͝ ͘special̀.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Jet propulsion: increases walking speed and swim speed for the special duration while cloaking you in ink that halves damage taken. Has a 5 second cool down period afterwards where your speed is halved.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Blackout: Prevents the other team from viewing the map on their gamepads.
Ooh, that's evil. Especially against Beakon-heavy teams. Makes Echolocator less useful too (though you can still see lines from your Inkling to each enemy, you can't look at the minimap to see their exact location). Definitely would be useful to have, kind of surprised it isn't in already. I like it.

Satellite Strike: Fires some kind of attack at all members of the enemy team. I don't know what it will be yet, but it will be easy to dodge. Not that it doesn't have the potential to catch people off guard, though.
I pictured the first Splatoon trailer's Inkstrike dropping on everyone when I read this. Sounds neat.

Inkball Barrage: Summons a lot of ink balls (Like the thing that the second boss in the single player does) that ricochet off of walls, but shrink over time and disappear after a short time and can be shot by enemies to make them disappear faster.
Certainly sounds like a fun special, and pretty useful on some stages in particular (I can just picture pinball-ricocheting shots at people on Kelp Dome, or rolling 'em off of the top of Flounder Heights or Arowana Mall or Moray Towers (bit less so on that last one, but rolling over the center could be good)).

Bass Drop: Drops the bass, creating a large AoE attack that knocks enemies back very far, and fires some shots of ink. Yes, I had DJ Octavio in mind.
NINTENDO MAKE THIS A THING
I NEED TO D-D-D-DROP THE SEA BASS ON PEOPLE AND REMIX THEIR FACES
...Yeah, this one sounds nice as well.

Ink Fountain: User temporarily shoots out ink like a sprinkler, but with a higher fire rate, and more range and damage.
So could you fire your weapon while using this? Because it would be alright without that, but it'd be amazing (maybe too good, but I dunno) if you could.

Siphon: For a short time, you slowly drain ink from enemies. This ink is divided equally and split between teammates.
Quick question: Do you just auto-drain from all enemies, or do they have to be within a certain distance of you to be drained? Seems good though, just seems like it might be too good without a maximum range (or the ink drain being low, but that might make it not worth using if enemies can just cancel it out or overcome it by going into squid-form... Though even if that were the case, it would still be good for limiting enemies by forcing them to squid to recover more frequently while it is active, so maybe it'd be fine either way, I dunno). Also, does the ink drain give you less ink when there are fewer enemies (so, if 2 enemies were there, whether from disconnects or being splatted, you would get less than against a full, non-splatted team)? Because I feel like it would, but thought I should ask anyway.

I҉n͢k ̷Ship͜,͠ ҉a͏ ̡mo̧v͟e͏ ҉t͏h͜a͠t̀ ̶ac͟ts ̸a̷s̕ ͡a s͜mal҉l s͢h͟ip boarded by the̵ ͢u҉s͏e̕r.̴ ̡The͜ ͞m͏o̕ve̶ st̕r̕eaks ͏p͞ąi̧n̕t àcr̡ośs̀ a str͏aig̶ht ̨ļi̧ne for ͟8 s̡econ̴ds̵. ̢The̷ us҉er i̡s̕ ͏al̸so im͢m̸u͡ne͠ to̸ at͘t̶a̧c̕k͡ ͏ẁhil̕e̡ ̧usi͜ng͏ ͘th̨is͝ ͘special̀.
Could you turn with it? Or fire your weapons? Because otherwise it just sounds like a Seeker with an invincible Inkling riding it (which would probably be alright in some situations, but just seems outclassed by the Kraken, at least the way I'm interpreting it).

Jet propulsion: increases walking speed and swim speed for the special duration while cloaking you in ink that halves damage taken. Has a 5 second cool down period afterwards where your speed is halved.
Hey, that sounds pretty well balanced, though would the speed up stack with Run/Swim Speed Ups? Because that would be awesome if you could zip around the map with even faster than the normal maximum possible run and swim speeds.

Quick! Pick 2 of your @ILikeKirbys I'll design them.
Do you mean the Specials I wrote up? If so, I'll go with... Multinkstrike and Reflector. Looking forward to what you come up with (assuming I'm reading that right)!

Last edited:

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Ooh, that's evil. Especially against Beakon-heavy teams. Makes Echolocator less useful too (though you can still see lines from your Inkling to each enemy, you can't look at the minimap to see their exact location). Definitely would be useful to have, kind of surprised it hasn't already.

I pictured the first Splatoon trailer's Inkstrike dropping on everyone when I read this. Sounds neat.

Certainly sounds like a fun special, and pretty useful on some stages in particular (I can just picture pinball-ricocheting shots at people on Kelp Dome, or rolling 'em off of the top of Flounder Heights or Arowana Mall or Moray Towers (bit less so on that last one, but rolling over the center could be good)).

NINTENDO MAKE THIS A THING
I NEED TO D-D-D-DROP THE SEA BASS ON PEOPLE AND REMIX THEIR FACES
...Yeah, this one sounds nice as well.

So could you fire your weapon while using this? Because it would be alright without that, but it'd be amazing (maybe too good, but I dunno) if you could.

Quick question: Do you just auto-drain from all enemies, or do they have to be within a certain distance of you to be drained? Seems good though, just seems like it might be too good without a maximum range (or the ink drain being low, but that might make it not worth using if enemies can just cancel it out or overcome it by going into squid-form... Though even if that were the case, it would still be good for limiting enemies by forcing them to squid to recover more frequently while it is active, so maybe it'd be fine either way, I dunno). Also, does the ink drain give you less ink when there are fewer enemies (so, if 2 enemies were there, whether from disconnects or being splatted, you would get less than against a full, non-splatted team)? Because I feel like it would, but thought I should ask anyway.

Could you turn with it? Or fire your weapons? Because otherwise it just sounds like a Seeker with an invincible Inkling riding it (which would probably be alright in some situations, but just seems outclassed by the Kraken, at least the way I'm interpreting it).

Hey, that sounds pretty well balanced, though would the speed up stack with Run/Swim Speed Ups? Because that would be awesome if you could zip around the map with even faster than the normal maximum possible run and swim speeds.

Do you mean the Specials I wrote up? If so, I'll go with... Multinkstrike and Reflector. Looking forward to what you come up with (assuming I'm reading that right)!
Yeah it would temporarily increase your speed and it would include run and swim speeds up. The cool down is not only to balance the speed increase but also because squids moving by jet propulsion are very taxed by it.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
Last edited:

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
Disabler: Disables the special weapon of anyone in its radius, but does nothing by itself. Best for Bubblers and Krakens. Using this on a Bomb Rush user will destroy the bombs without detonating them. It would be possible to use this on an Echolocator but it would have to have perfect timing for when the trackers spread out.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Inkvisibility: Once used the Inkling who used it becomes completely invisible to the opposing team for a brief time, while invisible you are automatically given Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump. While invisible enemies cannot track you under any circumstance including Point Sensors and Echolocators. You will not appear as a targetable object to your enemies aiming reticle however ink you fire and enemy ink on you will still appear. Similar to Bubbler this does affect any teammate you are near or pass by.

Squidderp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mr.Dorito
Overcharge: A special weapon that doubles the fire rate or halves the charge time of your weapon. It also multiplies range and power by 1.5. No ink is consumed while using it.

It's generally on weapons that are lacking in fire rate, range, power, or any combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom