• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Special Weapon Translation Reference

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Use this helpful info for future weapon release speculation. The parenthesis mean what the special is most like beside the first one.

Baller -------------------------> Kraken (Inkstrike)
Bomb Launcher -----------> Bomb Rush (Inkstrike)
Bubble Blower -------------> Inkzooka (Inkstrike)
Ink Armor -------------------> Bubbler (Echolocator)
Ink Storm --------------------> Inkstrike (Killer Wail)
Inkjet --------------------------> Inkzooka (Kraken)
Splashdown -----------------> Kraken (Bubbler)
Sting Ray ---------------------> Killer Wail (Echolocator)
Tenta Missles ----------------> Killer Wail (Inkstrike)

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Use this helpful info for future weapon release speculation. The parenthesis mean what the special is most like beside the first one.

Baller -------------------------> Kraken (Inkstrike)
Bomb Launcher -----------> Bomb Rush (Inkstrike)
Bubble Blower -------------> Inkzooka (Inkstrike)
Ink Armor -------------------> Bubbler (Echolocator)
Ink Storm --------------------> Inkstrike (Killer Wail)
Inkjet --------------------------> Inkzooka (Kraken)
Splashdown -----------------> Kraken (Bubbler)
Sting Ray ---------------------> Killer Wail (Echolocator)
Tenta Missles ----------------> Killer Wail (Inkstrike)
I think Tenta Missles are InkStrike Echolocator...I don’t see the Killer Wail...
Also Splashdown is ment to mimic inkstrike, although a more panic button, so I do see the Bubbler and Kraken in it.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I think Tenta Missles are InkStrike Echolocator...I don’t see the Killer Wail...
Also Splashdown is ment to mimic inkstrike, although a more panic button, so I do see the Bubbler and Kraken in it.
Killer Wail because it's more of a killing Special.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
WHo wants the old specials back? I most definitely do. I miss using a inkstike last second and the thrill of turning into a kraken. May Rest In Peace forever old specials. :(

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
WHo wants the old specials back? I most definitely do. I miss using a inkstike last second and the thrill of turning into a kraken. May Rest In Peace forever old specials. :(
Problem is they would need some pretty big changes (read: nerfs) for balance reasons, with the exception of inkstrike wich schould be buffed as tenta missiles overall outclasess it imo.
And since most splatoon 2 specials are roughly based on a special from splat 1, there will be overlap.

Though, they appearing in a special event (unlikely) or maybe the octo expansion could work.

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
Yeah honestly i’m sad some of the specials didn’t come back with just reworking or w/e. Like I understand stuff like echolocator and killer wail could teamwipe, but you could make echolocator aimable (like killer wail or tentamissiles) and idk, just make KW smaller or something. It’d be interesting if they did bring back some old (nerfed) specials, though that’s a pipe dream tbh

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Yeah honestly i’m sad some of the specials didn’t come back with just reworking or w/e. Like I understand stuff like echolocator and killer wail could teamwipe, but you could make echolocator aimable (like killer wail or tentamissiles) and idk, just make KW smaller or something. It’d be interesting if they did bring back some old (nerfed) specials, though that’s a pipe dream tbh
Not sure what you mean with Echolocator. Sure it tells everybody on your team where all the opposing team is and that is certainly an invaluable asset, but I wouldn't think it to be OP, especially considering Cold-Blooded existed in order to counter it. All things considered, Echolocator seemed fairly balanced, it's purpose was simple and it does it.

Personally speaking, I don't miss the Splatoon 1 specials, I really don't. I like the status of the specials in Splatoon 2 a great deal more, they're a lot tamer and are far less game changing or clutch, they're tools to assist you. Only one I actually wouldn't mind seeing make a return would be Echolocator, it is great support and honestly it's inclusion would spike up the viability of Cold-Blooded, which is honestly not that useful in current Splatoon 2.

the

Inkling Commander
Not sure what you mean with Echolocator. Sure it tells everybody on your team where all the opposing team is and that is certainly an invaluable asset, but I wouldn't think it to be OP, especially considering Cold-Blooded existed in order to counter it. All things considered, Echolocator seemed fairly balanced, it's purpose was simple and it does it.

Personally speaking, I don't miss the Splatoon 1 specials, I really don't. I like the status of the specials in Splatoon 2 a great deal more, they're a lot tamer and are far less game changing or clutch, they're tools to assist you. Only one I actually wouldn't mind seeing make a return would be Echolocator, it is great support and honestly it's inclusion would spike up the viability of Cold-Blooded, which is honestly not that useful in current Splatoon 2.
I don’t disagree that echolocator had counters, it’s just that it’s so convenient and powerful that it makes stuff like haunt and point sensors redundant. I’m glad it’s not in splat 2 because those (well point sensors at least, RIP haunt) get to shine more. And I think it’s pretty OP in splatoon 1 because knowing where an approaching attacker is is huge in splatoon, and when someone/more than one person on the enemy team is constantly spamming echolocator, it can shut down an assassin/generally shorter-ranged weapon for a few seconds regardless of cold blooded being a thing. (Honestly I think one of the reasons octobrush is so much more prevalent in splat 2 is the lack of echolocators preventing it from doing its job.) I guess another part of the problem is that it was an instant ink refill for two ink-guzzling weapons that had amazing synergy with echolocator, but that’s not really any argument for keeping splatoon 1 echolocator out of splatoon 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom