• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spectator and LAN Modes Confirmed for Splatoon 2

How excited are you for the new spectator and LAN modes?

• Looks good!

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Very excited!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Can't wait! This is exactly what we needed!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF FAM

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
Sometimes it felt like yelling into the void. Ever since launch, the Splatoon community has clamored for a true, dedicated spectator mode and a LAN mode for 4v4 multiplayer. These features never materialized in the original game. Although hope was not lost, it was hard not to wonder if they would ever come.

Today, that all changed. Fresh spectator and LAN features, will be part of the Splatoon 2 package later this year.

Up to two users can join Private Battles and occupy spectator slots.

Meanwhile, Splatoon 2's 'LAN' mode utilizes local wireless connections to forgo any need for an internet connection. If you've ever used the DS's local wireless, it's a similar functionality but capable enough to support two full squads of players.

What else could be in store for the next installment of Splatoon?

Last edited:
TheRapture

Comments

This looks well polished already! It'd be awesome if we could choose to save battles we participate in with a fully functional spectator replay mode! Imagine what sort of analysis you can make with a full view of a single battle from multiple perspectives and not just your own. Man, now I want this too...

This'll be a lot better for tournaments and competitions. In the future I wouldn't doubt to expect it to be similar to the way Counter-Strike has their eSport twitch streams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom