• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Speedrunning from C- to S+

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
There are those who have already speedrun the single player version of the game. More interesting though, would be to see how quickly the top players could rank up from C- to S+ in solo queue. If such a speedrun were attempted, what would be the appropriate guidelines? Below, I'm listing out a few that I feel are reasonable:

-Speedrunner must start at C- 0
-Speedrunner can wait until his desired rotation
-Speedrunner cannot communicate with others in his lobby
-Speedrunner must have video documentation of his speedrun
-Speedrunner cannot coordinate with other people to attempt to get into the same lobby
-Total time will be measured by the number of hours/minutes/seconds during active playing sessions to rank up from C- 0 to S+ 30, rather than the number of matches played

I'm interested in doing a speedrun like this sometime over the summer and would welcome others who would also like to give it a go. Some good competition will surely shave some seconds off our times.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
There was actually a Japanese player who attempted this and succeeded. :) Her goal was to reach S+ from a level 1 account in 24 hours without stopping. Those were really her only guidelines for the speed run as far as I know. I don't really have any suggestions but I think the guidelines are good - especially to have video capture of the entire run to prove that it was done fairly and honestly. ^.^

She was able to reach S+ in just under 12 hours of non-stop playing. It would be interesting to see if someone could best her record! :) Obviously taking out the 2-ish hours it took her to level the level 1 account if the other player chooses to start with a level 10 account. c:

This is the video:

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
Oh my god....I'm not sure if I can beat that. Thanks for the video.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
This is a video I did a while back, I lost the rest since it was a stream, but it probably took me 12-14 hours to get from C- to S+. This was only with chargers, I wanted to do e-liter but I only got to I think level 25, so I was in S rank by the time I unlocked e-liter.

I would totally do this with other people, like one weekend this summer, a whole bunch of us do it. I'll just get an account to level 10 and transfer it to my HDD so that I can practice this.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
My latest run was pretty fast, it was just a practice, but I started Friday night, played 2 hours, played maybe 4-6 hours Saturday, and then maybe 2-3 today, probably more than that, but i wasn't timing it, just figuring out what strategies work best in which rank. I got to level 24, and lost 8 or 9 games total. Pretty good, I should've recorded it, but oh well, I can definitely do it again. I'll just transfer the level 10 C- account from my HDD to my usb and start over.

Based on the numbers, statistically I did better than the posted Japanese "runner", but if we are counting how fast, knockouts could be faster, and overall then I could be slightly slower, but it should be a similar amount of time to the video posted.

Last edited:

EBJustin

Full Squid
NNID
EBJustin
I'm going to try it one day. Might take out the Dynamo in a Splat Zones rotation or some other weapon that excels on specific maps/modes. I could use other weapons, but to get to S+ as fast as possible, it's smart to use the weapons that excel most.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I've always thought this was a great idea and that more people should be doing it. The randomness of it all (esp. teammates you get) makes it really interesting and fun to watch.

No offense to 1p mode speedrunners but I just do not find it as interesting.

EBJustin

Full Squid
NNID
EBJustin
I've always thought this was a great idea and that more people should be doing it. The randomness of it all (esp. teammates you get) makes it really interesting and fun to watch.

No offense to 1p mode speedrunners but I just do not find it as interesting.
Single player mode is kind of pointless to speedrun. Not pointless, but rather, the same thing over and over. It's pretty cool to speedrun, I won't lie, but having a speedrun from C- 0 to S+ is kind of cool and randomized. You have different expectations every match, not just the same programmed animations.

EBJustin

Full Squid
NNID
EBJustin
I feel like this wouldn't be that difficult if your skill level is already that of an S+ player, but I could be wrong.
It isn't, but you have to factor in the possibility of:

a.) mishaps
b.) teammates failing and you can't carry them hard enough
c.) fellow alt accounts who are actually S/S+

And the list goes on. It might be easy in general, but it's definitely really random.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I think I've almost got this down to a science, putting in a decent amount of time, each run takes about 2-3 days, from creating an account to getting to S+. Day 1 is levelling up to 10, this is at night usually. Day 2 is levelling from C- to S. Day 3 is S to S+. Most work is day 2. I have 7 S+ accounts now, working on 8, I use the runs to work on weapons that I don't know very well.

Would love to get other people doing this! Haven't recorded times yet, but just have a ton of fun doing this!

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
The most difficult aspect of this is to keep your performance steady after 6 hours of nonstop playing. The endurance required to not let fatigue affect your gameplay is enormous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom