• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spending Habits

REYES

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4119-9070-0340
I've got some bad spending habits. I usually drop hundreds of dollars with each check on things that I want, mostly pertaining to games and anime. I can't seem to get out of this bad habit either since I've been doing it for almost a year now. And prior to that I have never been all that good with money. Recently I bought a PSP again to go through the portable Metal Gear games again and some other great PSP games too. Now I have the itch for a PS3 so that I can play MGO2 again since there is a way to play on servers without hacking the system now. It seems like there is a never ending flow of things that catch my eye just in time for the next payday.

So how are you guys with money? Do you spend a lot or save? And if you do either or, what is it for?

Actually that's a good Splatfest idea!
Spenders vs Savers.

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
it usually depends on a few factors for me :P... such as how much money I currently have, what is there to buy, is anything on sale, do I want something Game/Movie/Anime/ related or something different entirely and more. But I'd say most of the time I'm a Spender XD, I'm currently trying to get Miitopia but its out of stock everywhere! so its kinda difficult.

also yeah that sounds like a good idea for Splatfest :3

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Me, I tend to save. I grew up not being in a big family at all, just my mother and me and eventually a fiance with her, so money wasn't wholly abundant. I grew up being very used to having patience, and getting things in due time. Even when I started having allowance, I spent and saved wisely.

Currently today, I've made a habit to be picky about the things I want to buy. If my desire for something isn't high enough, I just drop the idea of getting said thing. Saves me money in the long run, and puts that money towards more better and interesting things that I may want in the future.

I'm also very frugal, looking for sales and deals everywhere...even when it comes to buying food. Outlet stores and supermarkets like Aldi are where I go all the time. Just feels good saving a ton of money on every day needs, and having more money to go around elsewhere.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
I'm pretty good at saving and I buy what I feel is worth it. Gaming is on my top priority list then gadgets. I don't mind waiting for a game's price to go down if I feel it's not worth it at the time, or I'll check feedback on what people say before I buy something. Sometimes my friends push me on getting a game but it's rare. The only one I feel I've regret buying was Pokken and the game I've felt I've spent the most on and enjoy spending on is Warframe.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm okay at saving, but mostly because there's not really all that much out there that I want. I buy new games and books when they come out, might go to a movie every now and then, but other than that I don't really buy very much. I don't think I've bought any new clothes in over five years (though the fact that clothes are all I get for birthdays/Christmas anymore certainly helps in that regard), and I'm still wearing the same crappy old sneakers I've had for about three years. So I save more by coincidence than anything else.

That said, I'm also pretty decent at finding good deals on stuff when I do go shopping. The last time I bought any clothes, it was three black, faux-suede hoodies. Ordinarily they'd retail at AU$150 each, but I managed to get three for the price of one because I got in while the line was being discontinued. I recently bought a pair of smart brown shoes from the same place for less than a third of the price (AU$30 instead of AU$100) because of a sale on those particular shoes coinciding with an online sale, and the discounts from the two sales stacked. I haven't had cause to wear them yet though, and they're murder to walk around in for long periods of time, so I still wear my crappy old sneakers most places. They're basically just for interviews and the like.

WhyMeSad

Inkling
NNID
WhyMeSad
Definitely a saver. I'm still a uni student but I can never make any extravagant expenditures.
For example, the last big purchase was the Switch, which I always knew I was going to do, on launch day.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'm buying a pro controller and a bunch of amiibo while typing this, guess what i am lol

I still save up a little each month, but most of it is gone by the end of the month. Some of it is in my control, other stuff (like things breaking down or monthly bills) are not. I also like merch and videogames just like everyone else on this forum, so anything that's left over by the end of the month goes to that kind of stuff instead. A fool and his money are soon parted, as they say!

I also tend to be more expensive with my groceries, because me being the hippy i am i don't like buying meat from an animal that's been locked up in a cage for it's entire life, and I don't like buying coffee from farmers that are getting paid less than the aforementioned animals. And I know stuff like nuts and fresh fruit can be expensive, but it's good for me so i go for it. So i go for fairtrade, free-range meat and more healthy foods, and that stuff adds up to quite a lot every month.

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
I usually save so I can afford newer consoles and titles. I set money aside ready to pick up the Switch along with Splatoon 2. Although it's tempting to buy extras (such as Amiibos or special edition games), it will help in the long run to save every penny and buy something bigger and better! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom