• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splash Stop. A New Splatoon Advance Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnchorTea

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
AnchorageTea
Hello Splash Wall users! I have good news for you! As for those who hate the Splash Wall, I have terrible news for you!

(Sorry for awful quality. I don't have a capture card so I had to record using my toaster.)

Step 1: Swim the dang wall!

Step 2: Look up using the dang camera!

Step 3: Place the dang Splash Wall! (Make sure not to completely pass the ledge itself)

This requires some strict timing. Once you master it, the other Squids shall be more salty than ever!

Enjoy this discovery, fellow Squid Kids!

EDIT: After hitting the lab. I can confirm that this works on curved ledges.

Last edited:

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
This isn't really a tech tbh. It's just making the wall hit the ground early, which can be kinda useful but its def not "advanced"

AnchorTea

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
AnchorageTea
This isn't really a tech tbh. It's just making the wall hit the ground early, which can be kinda useful but its def not "advanced"
An advanced technique is a series of actions, typically complex and/or difficult enough to require reasonable tech skill, that results in a benefit to the metagame of a character.
(Or in this case. A sub weapon.)
You could say that SplatDashing isn't an AT and Ledge Peeking isn't an AT because SD you just shoot the ground and go to squid form. And in LP, you just jump up real quick on top of a wall.

Not only that. It's typical for AT's to be considered an AT when they don't manipulate the game much.

Last edited:

Mr.HawK

The Artist
to be honest dealing with splash walls isn't that much of a big deal. just distance yourself and don't rush in like a lunatic. as far as "advanced techs" go I'd rather see alternate movement options that affects certain weapons and their mobility, not rare uses for one sub that everyone wants to use nowadays

AnchorTea

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
AnchorageTea
Alright. I post something useful and I get a ton of hate. I guess Squidboards users hate me now.

I'll get this locked in an hour.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Alright. I post something useful and I get a ton of hate. I guess Squidboards users hate me now.

I'll get this locked in an hour.
theres no hate mate. just giving constructive criticism so that you are also aware of what we already know. its ok man no big deal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom