• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splat Academy: Enrolment Reopened

douhneill

Inkling
NNID
Douhneill

Splat Academy is Currently Enrolling 9 New Students!
For the past 45 years, Splat Academy has been fostering the Academic growth of young Inklings, as well as helping and preparing them for life after school. With many years of experience, state-of-the-art facilities, and regular guest teachers, Splat Academy strives to be the best educational experience your young inkling can have. Splat Academy accepts both day students and boarding students ages 10 and above.

What is Splat Academy?
Splat Academy is a new Squad based on taking less experienced players and letting S and S+ players coach them into becoming the best players they can be. Are you B rank and having struggles ranking up? A- and want to join a competitive squad, but a little too intimidated that you might not be ready? Splat Academy might be the squad for you.

While each individual "Student" is more than allowed to join for different reasons and have different intended goals from this squad, the default goal that Splat Academy has for any student is to be someone who can work in a team at an S rank level or above using two or more different weapon types.

Please note that this is NOT a rank boosting service. We're here to make YOU into someone who can make it to S rank on their own, not just to get you into S rank.

What can you expect from Splat Academy?
Splat Academy styles itself after S-Rank competitive squads, with regular practices twice a week, required team communication via Discord, as well as occasional scrimmages against other squads or entry into tournaments. As well as this, we intend on being able to provide 1-on-1 practice and tutorials for students who wish to learn specific skills, such as how to use certain weapons, or knowing which Gear Abilities are right for a given situation.

Things to note:
  • Splat Academy is currently a North American Squad, and practices will be conducted on Tuesdays and Fridays from 8-10 PM EST. We would like to have an EU branch eventually, so keep an eye out for news regarding that.
  • While Splat Academy presents itself seriously and will certainly have its serious moments, particularly during practice, Splatoon is still a game meant for us to have fun. Don't think it'll be all stuffy and serious 100% of the time, we're all friends here.
What does Splat Academy expect from you?
Splat Academy hopes to accept anyone who is interested in learning and growing as a player, but there are a few requirements you will need.
  1. Willingness to use Discord for text and voice communication. Callouts are a very important aspect to map awareness and an inability or unwillingness to use them will make things difficult, if not impossible for us to accommodate you.
  2. Ages 18+ recommended. Younger applicants are welcome, however.
  3. A willingness to learn. While in a lot of areas we will act as though we are all ready for tournaments from the get go, this squad is still primarily a learning tool. If you refuse to work with the teachers during lessons, or think yourself better than your fellow students or teachers, this is not the squad for you.
  4. A positive attitude. Salt happens to the best of us, and the occasional outburst in game can be understandable, but if you're someone who will continue to lash out at teammates outside of games, this is not the squad for you. And while this probably doesn't need to be said, bigotry in any form is unacceptable in Splat Academy.
  5. Splat Academy requires all students wear the school uniform while on the school grounds. Any tampering with the uniform, additional clothes worn on top of the uniform (including headwear), or removal of the school crest from the uniform will result in disciplinary action from the school.
Is there a Curriculum?
Splat Academy's Curriculum can be split into four "Subjects," each with three different areas of study. The subjects can be found in the spoiler below.
  1. Callouts and Map Awareness
    1. Callouts and their Usage
    2. Map Awareness, Map Control, and Positioning
    3. Routes of Attack and Points of Contention
  2. Decision Making
    1. Decision Making in Splat Zones
    2. Decision Making in Tower Control
    3. Decision Making in Rainmaker
  3. Weapon Lineups and Strategies
    1. Weapon Proficiency and Management
    2. Weapon Roles and Niches
    3. Team Balance and Strategies
  4. Teamwork and Morale
    1. Working as a Team and Team Decision Making
    2. Positivity, Friendship, and Morale
    3. Giving and Receiving Feedback

Sounds good! How do I apply?
Splat Academy is currently looking to take in a class of students. If interested in applying for the next openings, you may fill out the form found here. Please understand that prior applicants do get priority, however.

I want to help! What can I do?
Splat Academy is always looking to make itself a better learning experience, and more teachers will also allow us to have more students. Currently we are looking for three major types of Teachers for SA.
  • Full-Time Teachers. These are individuals who are willing to work as overall coaches for the students by taking part in practices with them, coaching them in teamwork, and helping apply every aspect of the curriculum to their gameplay. These teachers would be a permanent fixture of teaching staff and would allow us to maintain a larger class of students.
  • Part-Time Teachers. These would be teachers who are willing to offer some of their time and expertise to help give more direct and precise help, such as specific weapon tutorials, usually one on one and outside of scheduled practices.
  • Anything else! Have an idea for a class you want to pitch to us? Want to offer your team for scrims? Maybe you have a video series that might be helpful? Let us know!
If you would like to help as a teacher or in any other way, you can contact Douhneill on Skype, @douhneill here on Squidboards, or fill out the form found here.

Last edited:

AidanC97

Senior Squid
NNID
aidancalhoun
Hi. Just a question is this a clan or is this something that would help future people in clans? Just wondering thats's all. Looks really good!

douhneill

Inkling
NNID
Douhneill
Hi. Just a question is this a clan or is this something that would help future people in clans? Just wondering thats's all. Looks really good!
It's a bit of both! For "Official" intents and purposes this is its own individual group that will be (hopefully) taking part in tournaments and scrims against other clans (usually as tests or as means to introduce players to other teams) but I intend the group to be primarily a learning tool for those who want to get better. Players "Graduating" to join other clans or form their own is something I expect to happen, and when that does (or I get more help) I intend on taking in more students.

On that note, thank you to everyone who's applied! I'll be getting to replying to you as soon as possible.

AidanC97

Senior Squid
NNID
aidancalhoun
It's a bit of both! For "Official" intents and purposes this is its own individual group that will be (hopefully) taking part in tournaments and scrims against other clans (usually as tests or as means to introduce players to other teams) but I intend the group to be primarily a learning tool for those who want to get better. Players "Graduating" to join other clans or form their own is something I expect to happen, and when that does (or I get more help) I intend on taking in more students.

On that note, thank you to everyone who's applied! I'll be getting to replying to you as soon as possible.
Ok that's cool. I was just wondering because i'm in a clan (i think? havent got a confirmation yet) So i was getting info for maybe joining you if my leader allows it

smartojus

Inkling
I have a question. I already am in a sqaud. I like this idea and I would love to be a "mentor" to upcoming squids. Question is, I woundnt leave my squad for anything. So is this a squad or more like a mentorship program where people of great skill weather they are in a clan or not can mentor new and upcoming squids and kids. :D

douhneill

Inkling
NNID
Douhneill
Ok that's cool. I was just wondering because i'm in a clan (i think? havent got a confirmation yet) So i was getting info for maybe joining you if my leader allows it
Honestly, It depends on your team. Naturally, if your team enters a tournament that I register SA for, there will be problems. Same goes for if any of our practices overlap. But if you want to learn, why would I stop you?
I have a question. I already am in a sqaud. I like this idea and I would love to be a "mentor" to upcoming squids. Question is, I woundnt leave my squad for anything. So is this a squad or more like a mentorship program where people of great skill weather they are in a clan or not can mentor new and upcoming squids and kids. :D
Oh yes. People who want to help out with teaching are more than welcome to apply using this form here. You can help out as much or as little as you'd like.

smartojus

Inkling
Honestly, It depends on your team. Naturally, if your team enters a tournament that I register SA for, there will be problems. Same goes for if any of our practices overlap. But if you want to learn, why would I stop you?

Oh yes. People who want to help out with teaching are more than welcome to apply using this form here. You can help out as much or as little as you'd like.
K. Thanks. :D

Khraka

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Khraka
I sent in my application! Hope to hear back soon ^-^;

Grand E

Pro Squid
NNID
Zoroan
could i sigh up as a teacher then? Also I'm a leader of an Team ... but l'll sign an application any way

Rosemary

Inkling
NNID
dumpstergravel
I applied! Aaaaa I'm so excited I hope I make it in! (・∀・)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom