• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splat Zones: Rules and General Strategies

Maps Splat Zones: Rules and General Strategies

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
PerfektNerD submitted a new guide:

Splat Zones: Rules and General Strategies - How the heck does that timer work? Why do I keep dying? Who took my pants?

INTRODUCTION:

Hey there everyone! It seems like there is a lot of confusion regarding the general rules of splat zones, specifically around the timing, so I thought I’d make a guide on the rules and general strategies around our first Ranked Mode in Splatoon.

MODE OVERVIEW:

Type: Ranked King of the Hill

Players: 8 (4v4)

Maximum Match Length: 5 minutes + Overtime

Victory: Knockout (timer counts to 0, 2100p reward); Time Expires...
Read more about this guide...

ELStalky

Inkster Jr.
As far as strategy goes: I think Stealth Jump is a key ability to have here because you really need to be fast and jumps into territory with raging battles are more common (though still very risky.)

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
As far as strategy goes: I think Stealth Jump is a key ability to have here because you really need to be fast and jumps into territory with raging battles are more common (though still very risky.)
I'm still working on the abilitiies section for the guide, as of now, I need to do more tests...especially involving ability stacking. I'm definitely gonna test out Stealth Jump. I've already tried Stealth Swim to great effect. I want to get it right before I go running my mouth.

Thanks for the suggestion!

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
PerfektNerD updated Splat Zones: Rules and General Strategies with a new update entry:

Changes to timer rules

So after playing many more ranked matches, I've learned that my rules regarding the secondary timer were off. The secondary timer CAN initialize as the difference between the two timers when the difference is small...when it's large however, it only uses about 66% of the difference. The percentage scales from 66%-100% as the difference shrinks. It's REALLY confusing, and the confusion is compounded by the fact that the timer does NOT measure seconds like the Match Timer does...it moves...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom