• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splat!

Ed Leech

Inkster Jr.
Hey everyone,

I have never played Splatoon, but it was one of the reasons I wanted a switch and have my copy on order to arrive opening day.

I have been watching all the videos I can make time for at night to learn what I can for Splatoon 2 but very clearly I am a complete newbie here. I will continue to read, watch and hopefully absorb like a sponge as much ink as I can before Friday and I am sure I will have a blast.

I don't get nearly as much time as I would like to game. I was a hardcore gamer in my youth, and nobody in my area could touch me regardless of the game being played. But I'm in my mid 30's now and whilst I pick things up quickly and will have a desire to get good at this game it will certainly be a learning curve.

So whilst I will continue to learn, any thoughts and friendly advice would be most welcome.

Out of interest, when registering I was asked for my NNID. I can see no way to set one of these up for switch. Is this because of the Wii U having this? I have set up a friend code, is this all I should have for a switch? When wanting to meet new players to play with is this all I need?

I hope to see you all out on the field soon and have some great fun either with you or against you ;)

Thanks a lot and hope to make some be friends.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Should be a friend id on your switch. If you have the wiiu set up on club nintendo/eshop you should be able to use that to log on your switch.

Hello and welcome aboard.

Ed Leech

Inkster Jr.
Definitely going to go with motion controls thanks.

I did the friend ID. I was just confused thinking I should have an NNID but clarified now I shouldn't.

Not long to wait now. Pro controller ready. Hope my game arrives Friday.

Looking at the splatoon 2 joy cons aswell. Can I justify more expense into controllers lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom