• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest Discussion Thread: The Iron Lines and the Calcium Nines

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
I want to hear what everyone is thinking about splatfest. Any strategies in particular you plan on employing? I know a lot of people are bummed about it being on July 4th, but I never have any plans, so I'm not worried about it :)

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
I'm wondering how long it will be till the next one, maybe every 2 months?
Seeing all the fanart for Splatfest makes me happy - rice and bread went down quite well and Iv seen a couple of cat vs dog with the squid sisters.
Nothing for Pop and rock though - seems most people have forgotten about it.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Seeing all the fanart for Splatfest makes me happy - rice and bread went down quite well and Iv seen a couple of cat vs dog with the squid sisters.
Hopefully, now that they have finalized everything, they can do it monthly or bimonthly. Once a month is not to much strain on the servers and too fast for the players, but also means people would be able to play many. Being a unique event, I hope they take advantage of it. Sure, the Super Sea Snails may be powerful, but this isn't a game with micro purchases and giving everyone a ton would not hurt anyone a bit.

Will not be there, but go team dog anyways.

D

Deleted Member

I honestly hope they do it monthly. I think it'd be fun to have something to look forward to every month. #TeamDogs, btw :) I wish I could be involved with NA and EU's first splatfest though. Darnit, why does it have to be on the 4th!?

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
Hopefully, now that they have finalized everything, they can do it monthly or bimonthly. Once a month is not to much strain on the servers and too fast for the players, but also means people would be able to play many. Being a unique event, I hope they take advantage of it. Sure, the Super Sea Snails may be powerful, but this isn't a game with micro purchases and giving everyone a ton would not hurt anyone a bit.

Will not be there, but go team dog anyways.
I definitely hope that they do it monthly or bimonthly. I don't want it to be so often that it loses its uniqueness, but I also don't want it to be so spread out that people lose interest.

Go team dogs! I still plan to be fuming mad at my idiotic teammates.
I still can't decide whose side I'm on. I'm so conflicted!

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
i heard from a friend that ink colors during splatfest are neon hued, but in a video i saw of the japanese splatfest this doesn't seem to be the case. is it a US/EU thing or is it just rubbish?

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
I think the reason Eu's Splatfest doesn't have more art or attention is because it hasn't been mentioned in game yet. There's been no broadcast by the Squid Sisters, no place to vote or anything.
Hard to draw anything about it when so much of it is unknown. (Like, which Squid Sister will be on which team, etc.)
The way it isn't being hyped up is making me worried for it though.... Hopefully there'll be something tomorrow.

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
I think the reason Eu's Splatfest doesn't have more art or attention is because it hasn't been mentioned in game yet. There's been no broadcast by the Squid Sisters, no place to vote or anything.
Hard to draw anything about it when so much of it is unknown. (Like, which Squid Sister will be on which team, etc.)
The way it isn't being hyped up is making me worried for it though.... Hopefully there'll be something tomorrow.
Is the in-game showing Splatfest stuff in the US now? I checked earlier this week and it had not yet.

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
If it isn't for the US yet, it should be soon. I saw the Splatfest announcement for EU at around 8pm AEST.
Callie's on team rock, Marie's on team pop. They had a little argument about how if Callie like's rock, she should join the Squid Squad instead.
the spoiler's just in case anyone want's to watch the announcement first.
I am so hyped up right now.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I am definitely excited to participate in the Splatfest, especially since I don't have much else planned for the 4th of July. Also, I'm going with Team Judd on this one. There's no way I'm voting for a species that didn't survive the flood.

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
I am definitely excited to participate in the Splatfest, especially since I don't have much else planned for the 4th of July. Also, I'm going with Team Judd on this one. There's no way I'm voting for a species that didn't survive the flood.
Plus, cats are so much more like my personality.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
According to this: http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Splatfest, "only two colors are playable during Splatfest: orange and light blue." I can't confirm the validity of it, though.
Judging on splatfest videos the ink has the usual colors, but appears to glow a bit due to the lighting. The colors of the splatfest topic seem to appear too (the colors of the two teams; Callie and Maries outfit change to these colors, the splatfest tees are this color, and sometimes it seems to appear in turf wars during splatfest.)

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
This may have already been said, but is Splatfest going to only consist of Turf Wars?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
This may have already been said, but is Splatfest going to only consist of Turf Wars?
Unless they changed it from the Japanese splat fest you can only play splatfest matches which have the turf war rule set. You have to wear your splatfest tee and I don't think you can play with friends during it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom