• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatfest Saboteurs?

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Exploiting a game using a game mechanic that allows you to win easier is something i can cope with today after having played MKW for over 6 years online.

But this "exploit" really needs to stop and/or being brought to attention.

Apparently there have been a lot of seperate disconnections whenever a room starts, poof, one guy is gone, and i haven't paid attention to it at all as i thought it was common disconnections that occurs, until my paranoia hit me in the face.

A guy name CrocoPanda joined my room several times and disconnected all of those times on my team, and i lost all matches he did, level 28 and was using a carbon roller i did not know the gear names as they looked very common with others. In general, he disconnected 3 times in my room, common disconnections?
What i saw sometime later was a bit shocking.
During one match i saw a guy named CrocoPanda on the opposing Splatfest team, level 41, Carbon roller, and very identical to the same gear he had before, and this time he did not disconnect at all.
He played and everytime in the room, he won, due to that he could easily own anyone on my team that wasn't that good, including me.
He did not disconnect once for all the matches he played.

So the one way to think about this is that he made two NNID's and voted on both choices using them both, to ensure victory on either of them, i find no issue with that, right?

While i find no issue above, i definetely had one with what thought came through on the other side of the coin, what if he created another NNID, disconnect every match to make sure the opposing team losses, while his own wins?
Playing the splatfest may not guarantee a victory if you win every match you can do, but disconnecting while on the opposing team with a different NNID, is basicly a guarantee a loss for them.

Am i really onto something,
Or maybe i'm just too paranoid?

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
It is possible to win 3 vs 4, which I did sometimes in matches that mattered. I had someone just walk around and do nothing as a form of sabotage but it was also the same team against each other round though I would have liked the additional points to get a higher rank.

I did some research and it did happen on both sides of the Transformers one and apparently was done in previous Splatfests or at least planned to be done.

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
The Splatfest matchmaking will occasionally pair up two teams that are on the same side should there not be enough members of the other team. Maybe (s)he just has a really bad internet connection and the time (s)he played against you was one of the few times his/her internet connection actually worked.

Cherry

Inkster Jr.
I can definitely see someone taking the game too seriously going to that length... Wouldn't surprise me. Haha. But of course, it could have been a fluke.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
You are not the first person I've heard about this from. It's bound to happen, but it's a ton of trouble and can get the player in trouble, so I'm guessing it'll be rare.

Well, that and the fact that your virtual rewards are not worth the trouble to game the system at for most people who aren't trolls.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
These are obviously the type of people who have nothing better with their lives

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
You are not the first person I've heard about this from. It's bound to happen, but it's a ton of trouble and can get the player in trouble, so I'm guessing it'll be rare.

Well, that and the fact that your virtual rewards are not worth the trouble to game the system at for most people who aren't trolls.
I don't see any way it can get the player in trouble.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Nintendo has a reporting system for saboteurs, trolls, and other sociopaths. It was used extensively with Mario Kart Wii when there was an oddly large wave of hackers employing blatantly unfair advantages.

The only penalty they have is a temoprary suspencion of their accounts, though if the Mario Kart Wii incident was any indication, it was very easy to sockpuppet out of that suspension. At its worst, the hackers were equal in numbers to normal users. I have no clue how there could be so many of them all the time, however. (Maybe GameFAQs' LUE.)

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Wow... that's some BS there.
*sigh* Of course there could be those people who would love to make another team fall just because they want the other to win. =A=;
Cool...
Let us hope it was just "common" for his D/C when he joins a match here and there for that lobby.
I mean I have my problems in lobbies and I can get D/C a lot but- never on purpose as that is just pretty stupid IMO, unless there's a good reason like something urgent happened.
How "cool" of 'em.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Nintendo has a reporting system for saboteurs, trolls, and other sociopaths. It was used extensively with Mario Kart Wii when there was an oddly large wave of hackers employing blatantly unfair advantages.

The only penalty they have is a temoprary suspencion of their accounts, though if the Mario Kart Wii incident was any indication, it was very easy to sockpuppet out of that suspension. At its worst, the hackers were equal in numbers to normal users. I have no clue how there could be so many of them all the time, however. (Maybe GameFAQs' LUE.)
But isn't it really clunky? Like you have to go out of the game, go to your friends list, go to last people played with, and try and guess who the culprit was because the naming for their Splatoon inkling and the naming for their miiverse account are different?

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Yeah, that's true--it IS quite clunky and cumbersome, and Mario Kart Wii demonstrated that if the griefers or saboteurs are that determined, they can bring in their friends and make things even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom