• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Splatfest Tee Replica/Ability Doubler Potential

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318

Looks like the Splatfest Tee's unique ability won't be lost forever now that Splatfests have concluded. The only question now is... what are the potential use cases for Ability Doubler?
The effect of having three of the same subs on it is slightly less potent than a pure piece of gear, so that's not a helpful way to utilize it. It seems like putting three different subs is the best way to utilize it, but any piece of gear with one main and two subs of a different ability is only missing out on one sub of the third.
For example, a shirt with Special Charge Up as its main with one sub of Special Saver and two of Bomb Defense Up DX has a stronger SCU effect and an equal BDU effect, but a worse Special Saver effect.
Is this worth it? Are there any other combinations you can think of that would make Ability Doubler worthwhile?

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
It’ll definitely be a good way of getting abilities that only need so much, like BDU or QSJ. The other thing is that it’ll be an easy way to add a couple changes to a kit you already had, as you don’t need to worry about the main.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Ability Doubler offers you the option of having 12 sub slots instead of 9 for greater flexibility - at the cost of not having a body-slot main ability and losing out on 1 ability point in total.

There's times when I suffer from the Splatoon equivalent of 4-moveslot syndrome and want to run a lot of abilities in low amounts, but can't fit it easily among my other gear pieces. To achieve what I want, I may have to split my abilities among multiple gear pieces and lose modularity. For example:
:ability_runspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_specialsaver:
:ability_runspeed:|:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_inksavermain:
:ability_stealthjump:|:ability_inkresistance::ability_inkresistance::ability_inksavermain:
This set would have to be used as a 3-piece gear set and I couldn't swap any out.

:ability_runspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
2X | :ability_inkresistance::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksavermain:
:ability_stealthjump:|:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_specialsaver:
This second set has more flexibility; the shoes are universal, as SJ with 2xQSJ and 1x SS could be used on almost any midline or frontline weapon, the headgear could be swapped out as necessary, and the shirt provides three "value subs" at 6AP each.

You'd want to use Ability Doubler if you found a weapon that would benefit from more abilities in lower amounts (2 subs each) that doesn't fit in the usual format of 6 abilities (3 mains + 3x3 subs), eg:

:ability_comeback:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:ability_swimspeed:|:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:ability_inkresistance:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom