• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfests Added To Japanese Splatoon Website: First This Weekend!

The official Japanese Splatoon account on Twitter announced today that Splatfests have been added to the Japanese Splatoon website. It seems the first Splatfest in Japan will have Rice against Bread to decide which is the better breakfast option! It will take place from June 13th through 14th starting at 6pm the 13th and ending at 6pm the 14th.

Players will be able to vote for their choice on a machine found in the Inkopolis plaza. Players will only be able to be done once, and once voted upon the choice cannot be changed. Participants will receive a temporary t-shirt with three slots for abilities. The Miiverse box in Inkopolis can also be used to make messages supporting either team. Don't forget that rare and valuable Super Sea Snails are also up for grabs at the end of the event, making the stakes even higher!

Rice And Bread Shirts Respectively

Players in the North America and PAL regions will have to wait just a little bit longer for their first Splatfests. Players in North America will take on the difficult question of Cats vs Dogs the following weekend, June 20th through the 21st, and PAL players will be able to participate in Pop vs. Rock which is set to begin on June 27th. Which of these epic forces will prevail? Only time and ink can tell. Until we know the victors be sure to stay fresh!

Last edited:

Comments

Still makes me wish there was a day/night cycle in the game, so we could play maps at nighttime when it wasn't a Splatfest and have both colors of Ink illuminate to give off a glow-in-the-dark feel.
Or where entire stages were refurbished with neon everywhere like Cosmic Bowling.

As a current owner of an intelligent and humorous cat, and a previous owner of a dog who was equal to the cat in personality thorough out a his short life.... I'm actually uncomfortable with selecting a team. :'C I may just have a friend pick for me and I play for their decision.

Edit: spelling

Hands of my bread!

Definitely going to need to get a news poll up here for Cats versus Dogs and Punk versus Rock once they are available.

(I'm a Dog person.)

I imagine cats winning in the US, considering the types of people who play this game. For rice vs. bread and pop vs. rock, I'm not too sure.
Team Dogs. Cats seem pretty cool, but I've never had a cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom