• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatnet gear won't disappear in Shops after declining to buy them!

Almost OK

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThinkAboutIt27
Is anyone else having this issue? If I order gear on Splatnet, the Shops give me the option of keeping my Splatnet version or trading it for the orginal Shop version. That's nice. The problem, however, is that if I decline the Shop version, the Shop keeps the Shop version in it's inventory instead of discarding it. Now, I've got the problem that all the stores are filling up with the declined Shop versions of the gear I bought on Splatnet, and, if this continues, I soon won't be able to buy any new gear from the Shops, since all their inventory (the clothes they have for sale) will be full of the Shop versions of Splatnet gear which I declined to purchase (and don't want). Do we have to order the Shop versions before we order alternative versions from Splatnet to avoid this, or is there a way to get the Shops to discard and no longer offer their version of gear? I like my Splatnet gear, and I don't want to have to buy the Shop versions (and thereby lose my Splatnet versions) in order to continue to buy any other gear from the shops! Is this a bug, or are others experiencing this too?

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I don't understand the problem. If you want the default ability on gear, you buy it from the shops. If you want an alternate ability, you order it from Murch. The inventory in the stores is random and changes at midnight every day.

It has nothing to do with "declined" versions. The shops always have the defaults. If you don't have the gear, they'll sell it to you with the default ability. If you have it with the default ability, they'll list it as "purchased" and you can't do anything. If you have it with an alternate ability, they'll sell it to you with the default so you have a way of getting it back that way--this is a feature that was added in a patch, there didn't used to be a way to get the default abilities back other than finding someone in the plaza wearing it.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
The clothes the shops sell arecompletely random; even after you buy something, the shop will still keep selling it, you just won’t be able to buy it (or don’t want to.) Eventually, the chances of finding gear you want will get smaller and smaller as you buy everything; there’s nothing you can do about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom