• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon’s Multiplayer Rules Aren’t Customizable

File size doesn't always mean a smaller game. For example, Super Mario 3D World clocks in at 1702MB, which is impressive considering how much content is there. Nintendo has always been the master of file compression. However in the opposite spectrum there is Sonic Lost World, which takes up a staggering 8475MB.
Welp, I'll take your word for it :)

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
This is true. I'm sure the file size is just good compression.
i think it's a bit of both... a primarily multiplayer game doesn't need a butt load of weapons, equipment, etc to keep a player engaged and satisfied with the amount of content

going back to what i said about tf2, it didn't launch with customizable loadouts or a ton of maps. it went on for years without much content being added into the game at all, it was only after the mannconomy update in 2010 that valve started pouring hats and tons of weapons into the game (although there were a few weapons for each classes before then in the form of content updates)

NNID DubaloSeven

Inkster Jr.
As long as the game gets solid sales numbers I'm sure Nintendo will be rolling out the updates and DLC to keep the online alive.

The problem is LAN, there's no offline scene without LAN and while the show floor demos have been connected via LAN it seems very Nintendo-like to cut it for the final product.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
As long as the game gets solid sales numbers I'm sure Nintendo will be rolling out the updates and DLC to keep the online alive.

The problem is LAN, there's no offline scene without LAN and while the show floor demos have been connected via LAN it seems very Nintendo-like to cut it for the final product.
i thought so too, but evidence points to it being available to the public in the base game (the fact gametruck is running it, nintendo reps at venues like E3 and PAX said it's running LAN)

NNID DubaloSeven

Inkster Jr.
Welp, I'll take your word for it :)
Yeah more than anything it's reliant on compression. Another example is Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, which despite being a fighting game with around twenty fighters it was such a big file it couldn't fit on a single 360 disc. Meanwhile Monolith Soft managed to cram all of Xenoblade X onto a WiiU disc.

NNID DubaloSeven

Inkster Jr.
i thought so too, but evidence points to it being available to the public in the base game (the fact gametruck is running it, nintendo reps at venues like E3 and PAX said it's running LAN)
Oh wow, I've got some more hope and hype for the offline scene. Not saying I don't believe you but do you have a source? I'd love to read up a bit on that.

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
The problem is LAN, there's no offline scene without LAN
Meh, while it certainly makes things a nightmare its still its still possible to run tournaments without LAN as long as there is support for private lobbies online.

Nin☆Jun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Dantel

Why Nintendo? Why?!

I really hope tournaments are able to change the game's rules, I was hoping for infinite ink or maybe even a longer game..

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
The direct changed everything. We will be able to customize multiplayer rules! ....In August. :confused:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
They are now... but later on after launch. It's unfortunate, but it's way better than nothing.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I knew waiting to get clarification was the right choice. I didn't believe the article for a second. Still though...waiting until august. It is what it is. And at least we do have it now.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I knew waiting to get clarification was the right choice. I didn't believe the article for a second. Still though...waiting until august. It is what it is. And at least we do have it now.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when they announced this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom