• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 1 5-Year Anniversary

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So, 5 year anniversaries are of course not a very big deal in video games usually, but still, I was wondering...
Anyone gonna pop into Splatoon this thursday to celebrate? I'm definitely going to play it again the 28th. I got the game way back when on launch day and also played the global testfire, so I was there at the very start of the franchise. I don't think I can say that for any other franchise, really.

Honestly, Splatoon feels a lot older than 5 years at this point. It's probably because it's an online game meaning you're spending a lot of time on it. And it probably also has to do with the fact that the Wii U just feels plain old now that the Switch is out.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
It feels a lot shorter than 5 years to me. Honestly crazy to think the franchise is only 5 years old and has had this much of an impact. I've actually been playing a bit of both games lately and it's surprised me how rough Splatoon 1 is in some areas. Guess it just goes to show how fantastic the basic formula is to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom