1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Splatoon 1 5-Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by MINKUKEL, May 26, 2020.

1. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

So, 5 year anniversaries are of course not a very big deal in video games usually, but still, I was wondering...
    Anyone gonna pop into Splatoon this thursday to celebrate? I'm definitely going to play it again the 28th. I got the game way back when on launch day and also played the global testfire, so I was there at the very start of the franchise. I don't think I can say that for any other franchise, really.

Honestly, Splatoon feels a lot older than 5 years at this point. It's probably because it's an online game meaning you're spending a lot of time on it. And it probably also has to do with the fact that the Wii U just feels plain old now that the Switch is out.

2. Forma

Forma Senior Squid

NNID:
    Forma1
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3994-7331-0318
    It feels a lot shorter than 5 years to me. Honestly crazy to think the franchise is only 5 years old and has had this much of an impact. I've actually been playing a bit of both games lately and it's surprised me how rough Splatoon 1 is in some areas. Guess it just goes to show how fantastic the basic formula is to start with.