• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2.2.0 Update Visual Comparisons (Video Patch Notes)

Hi squids. It's Hank from Nintendome. For this episode of Squid Science, I have something special! I have compiled a comprehensive video overview of every buff and nerf Nintendo has made to main, sub, and special weapons in the 2.2.0 update! For more fresh Splatoon content like this, feel free to subscribe to the Nintendome YouTube channel!

Video:

Be sure to let me know your thoughts on the patch down below and for more fresh Splatoon updates, keep your eyes peeled to Squidboards!

Comments

Definitely felt the changes in ranked earlier this morning. The splash wall nerf wasn't all that bad (at least, as far as I noticed). Still serves it's purpose well, granted I was a bit ink starved.

Overall it felt nice to be able to run away from/rush Dynamos and Blasters more reliably, hehe. Really enjoy the patch for leaning towards aim over raw power. (Haven't seen many E-liters today to gauge the nerf on them yet as I usually charge to full/near full anyway.) The variety of weapons I saw used was also really refreshing to play with and against. :) Saw some really good Splattershot Pros and Splatlings shine.

EDIT:: I liked the patch.

Great editing guys, you all did a very great job on the comparisons. Sometimes I hate damage, range and splash damage changes, but then after awhile it feels right.

I had a little time to play with the vanilla dynamo and honestly the nerf didn't hurt it at all. It's far from my main, but taking the ability to spam swinging it didn't keep me from performing well in turf wars, and aiming it to swing at others is pretty easy.

Good players are going to adjust just fine, but thank the lord the cheapest ones will vanish and stop giving my tank roller a bad name!

<3
DO NOW WITH THE DUAL SQUELCHER!!

I'm ever like that with my Dual Squelcher, and yesterday more, even if I lost 30 points the game felt awesome, I can be more aggressive and can flank easier when firing, meaning more kills less deaths, so much fun *hugs Dual Squelcher*.

Edit: The nerf on walls and rollers seemed right, not as big as people believed, they're still in their high tier, just make the gaps among tiers smaller, and it feels legit, Gals and rollers are still very viable, I really like this patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom