• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@SquidKid85 New news! This time from Famitsu.

Being famitsu, this was actually leaked a few days ago, but I've now found the interview on their website. =p
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201702/09126409.html

The bit that stood out most to me(through google translate) is that they confirmed all weapons will be returning!
They left the door wide open for adjustment of any weapons, but they specifically named sub-classes such as blasters as returning.

The end is near, Alduin has returned. . . to destroy the world with his dynamo roller vertical flick!

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Well, the only two classes that aren't confirmed yet are Blasters and Brushes right? And they're subclasses. I'll add those two. Any more I'm missing? Classes or subclasses?

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Well, the only two classes that aren't confirmed yet are Blasters and Brushes right? And they're subclasses. I'll add those two. Any more I'm missing? Classes or subclasses?
Would the sloshing machines and tri sloshers count?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Nope, thats it as far as classes/sub-classes go. The tri and sloshy are both considered slosher class, even though the sloshy's projectile is a bit of a unique snowflake.

But It's looking like all of the weapons are returning(however adjusted they may or may not be), as one line in the interview says that they plan to have even more weapons than in Splatoon 1.

So we don't have to completely lose our ink over the dynamo returning, it could be quite a bit different than what it is currently.
But going crazy can be fun =P

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Your poll fails to include what I am most excited for,

Improved Networking.

I mean improved netcode, perhaps hosting servers or at least generally more stable and less laggy connections for the first part. Also however, I mean improved lobbying such as being able to make a turf lobby and join with a friend or party of friends at once in stead of rolling the dice trying to join on a turf lobby in progress. I mean being able to play with my friends in turf instead always against them or 3 on one team and 1 on the other. I mean being able to play unranked objectives lobbies, and having ranked Squad Lobbies etc.

Real tools for lobbying and networking instead of the half-baked iteration it currently is.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
@SquidKid85 New news! This time from Famitsu.

Being famitsu, this was actually leaked a few days ago, but I've now found the interview on their website. =p
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201702/09126409.html

The bit that stood out most to me(through google translate) is that they confirmed all weapons will be returning!
They left the door wide open for adjustment of any weapons, but they specifically named sub-classes such as blasters as returning.

The end is near, Alduin has returned. . . to destroy the world with his dynamo roller vertical flick!
I'm assuming it means main weapon types, not specifically all 70+ weapons the original Splatoon has as technically there are can't be any returning weapons since they'd have to have a different kit. Or maybe it does mean each individual weapon anyway, and if so that could include Sheldon's Pick weapons wwhich would mean I could look forward to 3 different Slosher kits again! I doubt that though, more likely just main weapons types that'll have two variants each again.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Ha, the reason I made it "Weapon Classes" instead of "Weapons" was because I honestly didn't want to have to type out all 70+ weapons from the original. I had a feeling from the start they'd all return. So, if any adjustments are made to the weapon class that applies to all and/or most of the weapons in said class, that class will be moved to "What's Fresh".

Your poll fails to include what I am most excited for,

Improved Networking.

I mean improved netcode, perhaps hosting servers or at least generally more stable and less laggy connections for the first part. Also however, I mean improved lobbying such as being able to make a turf lobby and join with a friend or party of friends at once in stead of rolling the dice trying to join on a turf lobby in progress. I mean being able to play with my friends in turf instead always against them or 3 on one team and 1 on the other. I mean being able to play unranked objectives lobbies, and having ranked Squad Lobbies etc.

Real tools for lobbying and networking instead of the half-baked iteration it currently is.
Uh...wasn't exactly thinking about that when I created the poll, sorry bud. But I do agree with what you've said.

jkid391

Senior Squid
Just like the first game, I am gonna go ahead and buy + play this game the day it comes out!
...and now to practice against them Japanese players. At this point, the game is overrun with Japanese pros .-.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Just like the first game, I am gonna go ahead and buy + play this game the day it comes out!
...and now to practice against them Japanese players. At this point, the game is overrun with Japanese pros .-.
I wish I had the money. :(

But you're spot on about the game being overrun.

D

Deleted Member

I sincerly hope there's an octoling vs inkling game type, that's all I really want from splatoon 2.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Ha, the reason I made it "Weapon Classes" instead of "Weapons" was because I honestly didn't want to have to type out all 70+ weapons from the original.
As far asn the translators I've spoken have said, it is "Weapon Types" returning and not "All weapons" which is an important distinction. Personally I'm not expecting to see any Lunas.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
So my old archenemy the Blaster is returning. Can't say I'm too excited for that. Then again I'm also hoping for the return of E-Liters solely because I use them myself, even though they're hated from all sides, so no complaints from me. I'm not one for double standards.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Hokay, wait a minute, if only 8 Switches can be connected for local play, how do players 9 and 10 (the spectators) join in??

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited:

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I'm really excited for Splatoon 2. I like the way each weapon has something new to bring to the table.. apart from the splattershot but it was balanced enough as is. I wonder if Sloshers will have a spread shot, or Splatlings will be able to hold their charge. The specials also look really nice. I'm just worried about the Stingray, I don't think I saw anyone get a kill with it, I think that would be the one I'd try to tackle first. I also love the new hairstyles, and I reckon I'll be using the short back and sides quiff (squiff?) on the male and with fashion not being locked to a main ability anymore (so I hear) I reckon that paint respirator seen in the demo may be my new best friend headgear wise. The new maps look really nice too, and the new spawn point appears to have a pressure gauge, maybe a way to prevent spawn camping? A flood of ink? A spectator mode also sounds awesome, there have been times here I've played really nicely and I wish someone else was watching as well as the 7 other people playing, as they're focused on their own thing, as egotistical as that may sound, but seriously a spectator mode could get some people used to tactics used by others and learn how to counter them.

Tl;dr - I'm excited.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Spectator Mode added.

Do you guys think it belongs in General or Modes?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom