• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
That sounds like what's happening yeah.

The Japanese twitter posted a slow rotation video of the gear available at 7-11 now. Apparently the shirts have Bomb Defense, Cold-Blooded, Quick Respawn, and and Quick Super Jump. No indication yet as to how the rest of us will get these.
Not sure but part of me wants to try that grapefruit soda they have with inklings on it.
I looked at the link looks like they sold the game and all the gear... At 7/11...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@Dessgeega it was already confirmed these shirts will also be on the nintendo rewards
Got a link? I've only heard of that being the case in Japan, no confirmation for the rest of us.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I can bet scrub your splatfest tee before it end being a likely thing. Along with holding some spare ability chunks for when a splatfest rolls around.

And two hour rotations are still in effect during splatfest? I like that, they should keep that! And we're playing at Starfish Mainstage & Inkblot Art Academy followed by Humpback Pump Track & Moray Towers!

Moray Towers, eh? Getting that salt started early I see!

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
I can bet scrub your splatfest tee before it end being a likely thing. Along with holding some spare ability chunks for when a splatfest rolls around.

And two hour rotations are still in effect during splatfest? I like that, they should keep that! And we're playing at Starfish Mainstage & Inkblot Art Academy followed by Humpback Pump Track & Moray Towers!

I don't know how high the salt levels will be on new Moray just yet, it is "new" after all :P

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

Moray Towers during the half of the splatfest that a certain friend of mine is able to attend? Their reaction will be delicious :p

And you're right, people are totally going to game it with those shirts. But then Splatfests have been getting like that. TRIUMPH! OR! DIE!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
15 hours n 30 minutes to go yal! :D

Ok I'm disappointed we're stuck with the same 4 weapons as the first demo, but not exactly surprised. I had hoped we could try some actual new weapons out.
Well the Splattershot is now the Tentatek version with Splatbombs and Inkjet so hey there's that atleast! Most Switch owners now didn't play in the testfire, myself included, so to us these weapons are new. Oh and the stages are all new for everyone, so you'll get to see how the weapons you've played perform on them.

But there's no E-Liters. :L

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Not now, of course, but just you wait, man. Their only redemption is nerfing their range...
Well, that and damage up being gone, and they don't have burst bombs (so far), and the scoped variant can't use the swimming charge ability, etc. etc. :P DOWN WITH THE BOURGEOIS ELITE(rs)!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
No E-Liters yet, but there are still splat charges!

On the "bright" side, there's no damage up so all chargers will have to fully charge their shots. And most of these chargers will be new or adjusting too.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
...pssssst guys

JP twitter only posted main weapon info on the clash 'n' dapple

US tumblr posts have kits...
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/162963687104/the-dapple-dualies-are-dualie-type-weapons-that

Hmm, so meh on the beakons, but Suction Bomb launcher? I don't think I'll be using this in anything but SZ personally. It's a shame they had to throw Beakons on such an otherwise awesome looking weapon, hope the variants come out soon!

Wothur

Full Squid
NNID
Wothur
"\ 7/21 (Friday) released! / "Splatoon 2" Seven - Eleven Limited Gear Benefit introduction Video is released to the public! For software reservations, goods and campaigns, click here ⇒ http://bit.ly/2qLMTbB # Splatoon 2" - Official Twitter page

Que sponsored content.
In all seriousness though, if they were to do sponsored Splatfests again, I would love to see DC v Marvel. I don't care for either but the nerd salt on both sides never fails to entertain me

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
No, I meant that only nerfing their range could make them bearable when they are properly introduced.

Of course, Ninty being Ninty, they could just as easily make the range longer and doom us all...
Oh my bads. Guess my opinion is unpopular here, but I think the main issue with the E-Liter is not it's long range but it's effectiveness at close range. That's been addressed in Splatoon 2 so they should be plenty bearable imo. The most intimidating thing about them now is how much skill they require to be played effectively. I'm not exactly the best Splatoon player so I think I'll be using the E-Liter a lot less in favor of weapons that give me more leeway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom